[KSP 1.3.1] Bon Voyage 0.13.2.1 - Make your wheels rolling! 2017-10-15

RealGecko

5 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Apologies guys, the next version of Kerbalism should solve the issue (I hope!). Meanwhile you can grab the updated dll here.

On 16. 5. 2017 at 5:06 PM, aluc24 said:

Well, if it's possible, maybe disabling that EC check for Kerbalism could be a quick&dirty fix until a more permanent one is found?

And I have that quick and dirty fix right here :)

6 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Apologies guys, the next version of Kerbalism should solve the issue (I hope!). Meanwhile you can grab the updated dll here.

Wow, I never figured that this could be fixed from Kerbalism end! Anyway, your little dll works perfectly. All BV rovers are now functioning as they should. No more leaving KSP overnight :D I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for creating, maintaining and perfecting the Kerbalism addon.  I've been using it since the early versions, and I must say, it has come so far since then. The latest updates with the totally overhauled science transmission/recovery system is the most balanced and elegant solution I've ever seen in KSP addons. Truly brilliant. The old bugs seem to be gone forever, and the new features are simply mind-blowing. I can't imagine KSP without Kerbalism now. You're doing an amazing job, @ShotgunNinja. Just letting you know that we really appreciate your hard work. And I probably won't be alone when I say how much I admire that you also care for compatibility with other addons, such as BV. Best of luck to you, and keep up the good work! You're amazing. Maybe you should get one of these "accepting donations" banners. I, for one, would throw in a few bucks as a token of thanks.

1 hour ago, maja said:

And I have that quick and dirty fix right here :)

Thanks a lot, maja! It seems to work perfectly too. Just an unfortunate coincidence that you and ShotgunNinja both made a solution at the same time :D Nevertheless, thanks. Hope others will also find this when they will come looking for solution to make Kerbalism work with BV.

Just now, ShotgunNinja said:

@aluc24 Yes, unfortunately that is also my fault. BV is not finding any generator in the RTGs because I replace it with something else, with equivalent functionality but no warp issues. So I would suggest to use maja's fix, to keep the rovers rolling.

I see... No way to fix it with another magical .dll like the solar panel fix? :D

8 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Hey, @maja , it seems that BV doesn't recognize the RTG's on rovers. The power production reads 0. @ShotgunNinja, maybe this is somehow related to Kerbalism too?

You can "fix" it for now with one small solar panel :)

EC checks (solar and other power) need some love and they will get it, but there are changes I must do beforehand.

20 minutes ago, Blackline said:

Can I configure/disable the check for EC? Because on my tiny Rover I am missing 0.1 EC/s.. can't you just lower the max speed instead of killing the Rover totally?

You can't disable EC check. I will be doing EC checks revision and lowering max speed is possible. Be advised, that there is also speed penalty for unmanned rovers and for driving during night.

11 minutes ago, maja said:

You can't disable EC check. I will be doing EC checks revision and lowering max speed is possible. Be advised, that there is also speed penalty for unmanned rovers and for driving during night.

I know about the unmanned penalty, that's ok. Glad you like the speed penalty as an alternative to a complete strike.

2 hours ago, Blackline said:

I know about the unmanned penalty, that's ok. Glad you like the speed penalty as an alternative to a complete strike.

If your rover has 4 driving wheels, leave motor on just for 2 wheels, that will reduce the power consumption by the factor of 2. If you already did that... Well, tough luck, I guess. It would be nice if underpowered rovers would simply rove slower.

15 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

If your rover has 4 driving wheels, leave motor on just for 2 wheels, that will reduce the power consumption by the factor of 2. If you already did that... Well, tough luck, I guess. It would be nice if underpowered rovers would simply rove slower.

That's what helped on my tiny Rover from a few pages ago. That was on the mun, but the same Rover on duna now has not enough solar power anymore. 

Just now, Blackline said:

That's what helped on my tiny Rover from a few pages ago. That was on the mun, but the same Rover on duna now has not enough solar power anymore. 

I would suggest using RTG's in Duna and beyond. If you're using KRASH, you can test your rover in the destination planet to see if the BV module is getting enough power. If you're using Kerbalism, it has a planner which tells you what kind of power you can get with current solar panels/RTG's on the surface of destination planet. There might be some other addons that can do these calculations for you, but I don't know them all. When in doubt, just slap on more panels :D

*drum roll* Aaaand it's here. First unoficial release. Download version 0.12.0.2 here

Change log:

• Changed path encoding in a save file (backward compatible)
  • Fixed IndexOutOfRangeException, when decompressing saved path
  • Fixed app launcher button duplication, when Switch Toolbar option is on
  • Power production check is disabled, when Kerbalism is present - will be fixed later
  • Support for tricycles
  • Average rover speed is lowered, when required power is greater then generated power. Speed penalty is applied after all other penalties. If speed penalty is greater then 50%, then rover will be inoperable.
  • BonVoyage window is closed, when picking target on map

2 minutes ago, maja said:

*drum roll* Aaaand it's here. First unoficial release. Download version 0.12.0.2 here

Change log:

• Changed path encoding in a save file (backward compatible)
  • Fixed IndexOutOfRangeException, when decompressing saved path
  • Fixed app launcher button duplication, when Switch Toolbar option is on
  • Power production check is disabled, when Kerbalism is present - will be fixed later
  • Support for tricycles
  • Average rover speed is lowered, when required power is greater then generated power. Speed penalty is applied after all other penalties. If speed penalty is greater then 50%, then rover will be inoperable.
  • BonVoyage window is closed, when picking target on map

Damn you're quick! These are very needed and thought-through changes. Thank you.

Edited by aluc24

Just now, aluc24 said:

Damn you're quick! These are very needed and though-through changes. Thank you.

Thanks. Next in production line is support for WBI reactors, fuel cells and Kerbalism, plus option to switch BV controller off (I need this too :D )

Just now, maja said:

Thanks. Next in production line is support for WBI reactors, fuel cells and Kerbalism, plus option to switch BV controller off (I need this too :D )

Nice! I've been wondering about fuel cells for a while now, it would be great if they were recognized by the BV. Option to switch controller off would be also very welcome. As of now, even if I terminate an unneeded rover from Tracking Station, it still shows up in BV control window in KSC. It does add a significant clutter later into the game. So now I just flip my unneeded rovers at high speed to take care of that :D

1 minute ago, aluc24 said:

Nice! I've been wondering about fuel cells for a while now, it would be great if they were recognized by the BV. Option to switch controller off would be also very welcome. As of now, even if I terminate an unneeded rover from Tracking Station, it still shows up in BV control window in KSC. It does add a significant clutter later into the game. So now I just flip my unneeded rovers at high speed to take care of that :D

Active rovers list is reloaded on scene change.

Just now, aluc24 said:

Oh. I must have missed that. I knew this problem from before, didn't notice it was fixed.

Not by me, but it's in the latest release from RealGecko, so in my release too.

Guys, can you test, if shutting down and activating BV controller is working even with USI, WBI and other supported rovers? (Malemute, Karibou, Buffalo, ARES and Puma rover)

Supposed function is as follows:

- added new button in right click menu of a BV controller/rover cab which disables/enables controller

- disabled rover will vanish from list of active rovers (on fly), BV control panel is disabled and if rover was active (driving to target), it's state is reset

dll download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkr3cwdm2ihghlw/BonVoyage.dll?dl=0

Backup your saves before testing.

Hey, @maja , I noticed a potential bug. Even though my rover has RTG's only (no solar panels), BV still says "awaiting for sunlight" and doesn't move that rover at night. I mean, RTG's don't need the sunlight, right? Not a major issue, but I thought you might want to look into it sometime.

2 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Hey, @maja , I noticed a potential bug. Even though my rover has RTG's only (no solar panels), BV still says "awaiting for sunlight" and doesn't move that rover at night. I mean, RTG's don't need the sunlight, right? Not a major issue, but I thought you might want to look into it sometime.

Thanks for heads up. I was able reproduce it with BV and stock buggy only. Adding it to the bug list.

Just now, maja said:

Thanks for heads up. I was able reproduce it with BV and stock buggy only. Adding it to the bug list.

I was using the rectangular probe core for my rover... Whatever it is called. Not sure if it's relevant, just informing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.