U.S.S. Palomino, from Disney's "The Black Hole"

HvP

The crew of the U.S.S. Palomino was lost after discovering the U.S.S. Cygnus in the vicinity of a black hole. This KSP recreation features all stock parts and its statistics are as follows:

174 parts; 40 tons; 9.3m x 8.3m x 8.1m; Crew of 2; LV-909 engines x 3; LF=1620 + Ox=1980 units; Reaction Control System, RTG and solar electrical generation

8S78pXv.png

REqsyLg.png

EJ0SgkD.png

CniLnfW.gif

Edited by HvP

11 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Now if you could make a V.I.N.C.E.N.T. to with it :P .

My OCD would require I make V.I.N.C.E.N.T. to scale so... maybe I could throw a couple of air intakes one on top of the other and pretend he's retracted into his shell, haha. With the crash damage mod maybe I could dent one up to look like B.O.B.

My first idea was to try the Cygnus, but I chickened out. I'm not sure a passable version can be made in stock, but it would surely require the hangar extender mod and a LOT of girders.

Nice replica!

On 9/19/2016 at 11:53 AM, HvP said:

My OCD would require I make V.I.N.C.E.N.T. to scale so... maybe I could throw a couple of air intakes one on top of the other and pretend he's retracted into his shell, haha. With the crash damage mod maybe I could dent one up to look like B.O.B.

My first idea was to try the Cygnus, but I chickened out. I'm not sure a passable version can be made in stock, but it would surely require the hangar extender mod and a LOT of girders.

4 hours ago, Sylith said:

I love the movie...and your replica. I like the details. Fantastic job

Now someone has to build the Cygnus, the greatest ship that ever explored space :cool:

I think that it is possible if you make a mini version with lack luster labs.  Here's what I'm talking about:

0vqUYcR.png

Q6l0SfB.png

Struts between I-beams looked better to me than girders.

6 hours ago, Sylith said:

I love the movie...and your replica. I like the details. Fantastic job

Now someone has to build the Cygnus, the greatest ship that ever explored space :cool:

I appreciate that. The Cygnus is IMO one of the most gorgeous space ship models ever built for film. I'm not sure I could even come close to doing it justice, but now I think I might give it a try once a few mods are updated for 1.2.

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Nice replica!

I think that it is possible if you make a mini version with lack luster labs.  Here's what I'm talking about:

(snip)

Struts between I-beams looked better to me than girders.

That's an excellent idea. I haven't used LLL before but combined with Tweakscale, Ubio Welding, and Hangar Extender there's a good chance of getting a good replica of the Cygnus after all.

There's so much detail in the original that I would have to devote considerable time to it though. Perhaps after the 1.2 release settles down. Of course, if you want to give it a go I'd love to see how creative you can get with it :)

4 minutes ago, HvP said:

[...]

That's an excellent idea. I haven't used LLL before but combined with Tweakscale, Ubio Welding, and Hangar Extender there's a good chance of getting a good replica of the Cygnus after all.

There's so much detail in the original that I would have to devote considerable time to it though. Perhaps after the 1.2 release settles down. Of course, if you want to give it a go I'd love to see how creative you can get with it :)

I might, but I've been on a bit of a hiatus for KSP recently.