Stock Pendulum Clock

Aphobius

This is a pendulum clock I've made, it shows the seconds, minutes and hours. Everything is stock, done on a fresh install. I've decided to make it after @luizopiloto showed me his VIDEO and suggested to me to make a clock.

So I've added an hour hand since the previous video. Everything seems to work pretty well, but it's just not calibrated properly (it gained around 8 minutes in 2.5 hours), it can be calibrated and I could do it, but it's not really useful and it takes a very long time, because the game is running in slow motion and it takes a long time to load, every time I "launch" the clock.

Also, if you want to see better how it's working, I've made this video:

***WARNING***EXTREMELY BAD ENGLISH, ANNOYING VOICE AND TV IN BACKGROUND***WARNING***

Explanation video (I start the clock at 10:40)

***WARNING***EXTREMELY BAD ENGLISH, ANNOYING VOICE AND TV IN BACKGROUND***WARNING***

OLD POST:

I've made a pendulum clock. It's showing the seconds and the minutes (you can compare them with the MET from the top left of the screen). In the 5 hours shown in the video (the video is speed up to 60x), it remained only around 35 seconds behind the real time (the longest calibration run was 15 minutes, so probably I could fix this). It has 759 parts.

If it gets boring skip to 4:30 for some nice shadows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ugmoMK7oY

And a picture showing what its components are. The "Spring" from the picture is actually a reaction wheel and by having the roll trim set to maximum (you can see it in the video), it spins by itself.

beJyM67.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

How is it possible to build such intricate contrpations in KSP?

Probably because we stubbornly keep looking at parts and game mechanics in completely unintended ways, and then KSP doesn't stop us at just thinking 'what if...' but let's us try it. :D

12 hours ago, Aphobius said:

I've made a pendulum clock.

I have a friend that makes a living revising and repairing antique and precision clockworks. I have this feeling I'm gonna have to buy him KSP and beg you for the craft file the moment I show him your video. Awesome work.

surprise is no longer adequate and he is forced to resort to astonishment

That quote about Arthur Dent applies to me here. That is astonishing! Great job. 

11 minutes ago, Aphobius said:

I'll come back with a video if I succeed.

I'd like to see it running at real time and get a view of the workings. 

On 9/25/2016 at 11:53 AM, Aphobius said:

This is a pendulum clock I've made, it shows the seconds, minutes and hours. Everything is stock, done on a fresh install. I've decided to make it after @luizopiloto showed me his VIDEO and suggested to me to make a clock.

Absolutely speechless.

AFTER cooling down a bit, here's my reaction to this device:

XpV3FaY.png

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.