More RAM?

I have been having issues with "compatible" mod-related crashes. I know it won't speed up my game, but I need more mods. I've read a question similar to this, and no one gave any answers, so lets get some things out of the way.

1: I am playing the x64 bit version.

2: My computer runs on Windows 10.

3: I do have excess RAM.

Now, with those out of the way, bring on the answers!

Question (if not clear:) How can I get more RAM from my computer. All I know is that I'm using the 1.2 pre-release, and I have the PartOverhaul "mod" installed. Beyond that, it's stock. When is crashes...is all over the place. It crashes when I use a parachute on an experiment box with no control, heck, it even happened when I pressed Esc to save my game! All I know is that the more RAM the better. This will also help my heavily modded 1.1.3 game.

2 hours ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Question (if not clear:) How can I get more RAM from my computer.

Run in 64-bit mode.  Run fewer programs.  Turn off graphics-intensive themes.  Run KSP in openGL mode if your card supports it well enough.  Beyond that, having more RAM mostly amounts to...having more RAM.

If you don't know if your crashes are RAM-related, they might not be.

Edited by Corona688

Okay, just to be sure: you are aware that RAM is a physical component of your computer, the part that holds all the information the computer is currently working with, correct?

You can't get more RAM out of your computer; you can add RAM (up to a motherboard/OS-dependent limit), and you can do things like close unnecessary programs to free up RAM for KSP, but what your computer has is all it has.

Also, "more RAM = more stable" is rather incorrect; you need enough RAM, and a bit more won't hurt (to reduce the frequency of garbage collection), but after a point, adding RAM will do precisely nothing for the performance or stability of your game.

Your crashes are most likely due to bugs in the code and/or weirdnesses in your save file/mods, and performance issues are usually CPU-dependent for KSP.

• 6 months later...

I am making this post to apologize for my behavior on this question, and to get the attention of a moderator so they can close this question, as it is no longer relevant. If I break a rule doing this, than I'm sorry, for I can't mention somebody without making a post.

@Deddly It's up to you now.