Devnote Tuesday: The wait is almost over!

SQUAD

Just now, dr_evil said:

Papa_Joe how is that? I have bought the game on gog.com, I do not have it on my steam account neither do I have a KSP store account. If there still is a way to get my hands on the pre release I would be very grateful for a hint :)

Yes, I erred in my earlier post... I since edited it... I do not know that you can... Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Yes, I erred in my earlier post... I since edited it... I do not know that you can... Sorry.

No problemo. Seing the great quality of even pre release builds that has been achieved I will gladly wait for the final release. :)

1 minute ago, dr_evil said:

No problemo. Seing the great quality of even pre release builds that has been achieved I will gladly wait for the final release. :)

Agreed.   I've been fortunate enough to test drive it... once you have played in 1.2, you NEVER want to go back...

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

...we went ahead and made Exploration contracts have a 100% chance to appear if you enter Mission Control and one isn’t on the board.

Fantastic! One of the main annoyances for me in my 1.2 prerelease career so far is that it took multiple Mun landings before I got offered contracts to explore Minmus, and multiple Minmus landings before Duna was put on the table. I mean you can go there regardless of the contracts (or sit idly time warping and hoping for the right ones to come up) - but it's so much nicer when you get a big contract reward for visiting a new place.

Edited by Kerano

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

vessels don’t jump when you fly near them.

Though "sonic boom-ing" my foes is fun, it gets kinda obnoxious at times. This patch is :targetpro:!

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

Third, but not least, Sarbian invested some time playing with Quaternions and we finally have a fix for the LT-1 and LT-2 leg rotation in the editor!

Finally.

All in all, full throttle :prograde::cool:

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

Jeremie also made the tourist contracts play better with the optional Kerbal Gee functionality (including adding a small chance for a special contract)

I wonder what that scpecial contract could possibly be. Any ideas?

I'd still love to see strategies that straight up manually modify contract weights. Im sure its too late for 1.2 but its a great idea. Your investment in that strategy could effect both the chance of it popping up and the payout maybe. "Eee tee phone home" (satellites), "Shmoes in Space" (tourism), "All Mine" (mining)... Ive got a million of them. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Actually I'd much rather see at least another month of bugfixing, and optimization of the new features. I really have the strong feeling with every new build the performance gains over 1.1.3 were been reduced more and more and in some points (especially high part count vessels) it's actually becoming slower than 1.1.3.

Please don't rush it Squad!

39 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Actually I'd much rather see at least another month of bugfixing, and optimization of the new features. I really have the strong feeling with every new build the performance gains over 1.1.3 were been reduced more and more and in some points (especially high part count vessels) it's actually becoming slower than 1.1.3.

Please don't rush it Squad!

A strong feeling or actual experience?  Because I am playing the pre-release and haven't noticed any such thing.

6 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Yes.  More.  Of course I didn't build it, I set orbit'ed it.

Maybe I still have an early 1.2 build as a backup, I'll try to get some exact figures.

Edit: Uhm ... no I don't have a backup.

Edited by Azimech

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

Both!  It's a -1 modifier for a "seen" contact that was not clicked on and -2 for a "read" contract that has been clicked on.  Note as always that these numbers are both moddable and subject to change based on balance.

What's the modifier for a declined contract? Thanks. :)

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

I'd still love to see strategies that straight up manually modify contract weights....

Squad has worked very hard since the Unity 5.x code overhaul to improve base game functionality, when they feel it's in a good enough place, expansion of career game mechanics and balancing would be most welcome.

I guess I'm like most on here, in that I'm a little disappointed that 1.2 is not considered ready yet, but more pleased that Squad made a good call and didn't release it anyway.

A week extra wait for a better quality release is far better than a one day wait for a crucial hot fix.

Great job...

«The wait is almost over! »

Oh you guys... still waiving the SoonTM  flag at us.  Good work on this update tho.  I just cant find it in me to play 1.1.3 anymore.
The wait is really keeping me still.

Loving the Biome rework stuff.  Mosre stuff to explore at EVE ?  I better use an electric plane this time.  Last time I did all of Eve's biome it took me a month of roving around. :confused:

the wait is almost (but not quite) over...   If I wasn´t an eager beaver I would be celebrating that Squad is taking their time to iron out features and get rid of bugs; Kudos for having followed the correct process for a release of this magnitude: Internal testing, bugfixing, limited user testing, bugfixing, pre-release, bugfixing, and hopefully release soon.

Being as I am waiting in front of my PC since 2 weeks for the release...   Go faster dammit!

Just joking, great work guys, keep it up and don´t release before feeling ready...   just do it soon(er)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.