6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Now I want to play Cities Skylines: Global Offensive.

Get a model of a city in Skylines, scale it properly, import it into Hammer, texture, and play! (obviously easy! :D)

I was playing some Unturned earlier today, though. Here's my base (with a helicopter! And lots of guns and supplies!)

FJrmhs3.jpg

Me? Other than KSP?! Wait... You mean there are OTHER games?!?! Wow! That sounds cool!

But seriously though, apart from KSP, I've been doing some Portal 2 community test chambers, and a cute little driving game I found out I'm good at called Crash Drive 2.

Rainbow Six Siege - with variable success from day to day and round to round, and sadly on my own. One of us cannot join the team whatever we/he tried - known bug, but Ubisoft ... so I play with random groups.

The gang has dug out Battlefield 4 for a few bucks, also since the DLCs were free for a limited time - hurt a bit to give money to EA, but at least we are out in the fied together.

I actually have to many games from to many Steam Sales/Humble Bundles and even more hours in TV shows on Netflix to watch, in addition to my daily dose of youtube Let's Plays - I do not think I will ever manage to work off the backlog ever. :P

I'm mostly playing Space Engineers, Subnautica and Overwatch right now. If you haven't played Subnautica yet, I highly recommend it to those who like exploration, survival and weird alien fish things. Although be wary, some of the larger fish things like to bite you… or eat you alive.

I also took a quick look at Paladins, it is a hero shooter still in beta. It is completely free, though I only recommend it to those who like the fantasy genre and games with a cute art stile. Seriously, that game is too cute to be a shooter!

Edited by ZentroCatson

8 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

If you haven't played Subnautica yet, I highly recommend it to those who like exploration, survival and weird alien fish things.

I've watched some Let's Plays of that and it looks well done but I have this irrational fear of deep, dark water, so I'm hesitant to buy it.

By the way, if any of you guys are into Fallout or other open-world FPS games, I'd really recommend checking out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. It has great gameplay mechanics combined with a very interesting story. Definitively addicting, also.

14 minutes ago, regex said:

I've watched some Let's Plays of that and it looks well done but I have this irrational fear of deep, dark water, so I'm hesitant to buy it.

The use of "irrational" here triggers me.

That fear most likely saved a few of our ancestors. I think it does make sense to want to avoid deep water: you could drown or be attacked by whatever could live in there.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

By the way, if any of you guys are into Fallout or other open-world FPS games, I'd really recommend checking out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. It has great gameplay mechanics combined with a very interesting story. Definitively addicting, also.

I need to finish playing the first one, my last machine was not up to the task. Fun game though.

6 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

The use of "irrational" here triggers me.

That fear most likely saved a few of our ancestors. I think it does make sense to want to avoid deep water: you could drown or be attacked by whatever could live in there.

Makes sense.

13 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Rainbow Six Siege - with variable success from day to day and round to round, and sadly on my own. One of us cannot join the team whatever we/he tried - known bug, but Ubisoft ... so I play with random groups.

I play R6S too, but I'm only level 4. If you want to try and play sometime, send me a PM.

I have been playing lots of town of salem because the mafia card game requires friends. And broforce and team fortress classic and super mario bros x and fallout three and red dead redemption and risk and twilight princess and skyward sword and wind waker and OoT and SSBM and tanki and i need to stop playing so many games

49 minutes ago, regex said:

I need to finish playing the first one, my last machine was not up to the task. Fun game though.

Definitely enjoyed it myself, though I only managed to get the bad ending.

On a slight tangent, I kept encountering odd graphical errors throughout the game - polygons stretching off to infinity and the like.  I was fairly convinced my graphics card was on the way out, but when I mentioned it to people I knew, I was told, "naah it's just the game is the most buggy piece of crap ever released."  Well, a couple of weeks later things had progressed to the BIOS screen looking like it was christmas, what with random coloured pixels everywhere, and I finally felt fully justified in dropping the cash on a new card.

I genuinely don't remember encountering many actual bugs in the game, despite the reputation it had.

10 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

STALKER was such an amazing game for its time. I might be mistaken but I think it was the first (fairly seamless) open world FPS, if not the first then one of the first. It still holds up wonderfully today too, without a doubt.

The sequels were less amazing, but decent enough if you just wanted to extend your STALKER experience.

Trying to learn Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game, and Hearts of Iron 3 (Not really good at the latter one, it takes me 2 months to get to Minsk from occupied Poland). Also some War Thunder and Counter Strike. If you haven't caught on, I love war games and FPS shooters. KSP still is my all time favorite game, it inspires me to do things I'd never done.

3 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Trying to learn Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game, and Hearts of Iron 3 (Not really good at the latter one, it takes me 2 months to get to Minsk from occupied Poland). Also some War Thunder and Counter Strike. If you haven't caught on, I love war games and FPS shooters. KSP still is my all time favorite game, it inspires me to do things I'd never done.

I suggest you take a look at Red Orchestra 2/ Rising Storm. RS2: Vietnam will be coming out soon, too.

Just now, HoloYolo said:

Already play that. ZA STALINA!!! (Mosin is so easy to use lol).

Oh, goodie. :)

The Moist Nugget is pretty easy, but I prefer the Kar. 98. It has a shorter reload time (by about .5 seconds!), and it's shorter, so you can creep corners better.

In RS, I like the Type 38. The 1903 has a horrible cycle time, and the sights are bad. I'm OK with the Garand (I have it at Lv. 50), but the sights are probably the worst of any gun in the game.

Just now, Dman979 said:

Oh, goodie. :)

The Moist Nugget is pretty easy, but I prefer the Kar. 98. It has a shorter reload time (by about .5 seconds!), and it's shorter, so you can creep corners better.

In RS, I like the Type 38. The 1903 has a horrible cycle time, and the sights are bad. I'm OK with the Garand (I have it at Lv. 50), but the sights are probably the worst of any gun in the game.

I've played both RO2 and RS but I find the Eastern Front more interesting and fun to play. The Kar for me is the worst rifle I've used in both games. In RS, I have sniped people with the Type 100 (yes I mean the SMG), and the portable mortar the Japanese have means that radioing arty isn't as much of a deal as it is on any other side. I've never used the Garand that much, the bolt actions are way easier for me. 

1 minute ago, HoloYolo said:

I've played both RO2 and RS but I find the Eastern Front more interesting and fun to play. The Kar for me is the worst rifle I've used in both games. In RS, I have sniped people with the Type 100 (yes I mean the SMG), and the portable mortar the Japanese have means that radioing arty isn't as much of a deal as it is on any other side. I've never used the Garand that much, the bolt actions are way easier for me. 

Yeah, the Type 100 can be really effective when fired in short bursts. In some ways it's better than the Thompson. The knee mortar can be really effective on a good team- riflemen just press "z" to call in an insta-artillery strike. Hanto is a good example of this.

Which servers do you play on? I'm usually on Merrill's and the Bridges-Myshkova campaign.

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Yeah, the Type 100 can be really effective when fired in short bursts. In some ways it's better than the Thompson. The knee mortar can be really effective on a good team- riflemen just press "z" to call in an insta-artillery strike. Hanto is a good example of this.

Which servers do you play on? I'm usually on Merrill's and the Bridges-Myshkova campaign.

Literally the same exact servers. Any server that is populated and doesn't have bots I'm usually on it.