On 9/29/2016 at 10:22 PM, regex said:

I've watched some Let's Plays of that and it looks well done but I have this irrational fear of deep, dark water, so I'm hesitant to buy it.

"Irrational" and gaming mentioned in one statement....immediately brought to mind System Shock 2. What a great game that was. As for Subnautica, it's well worth the money I spent in Early Access.

Otherwise, I've been spending much time and very little $$$ playing Fractured Space over the last week or so.

EDIT: Anyone try out Extrasolar? http://www.whatisextrasolar.com/

EDIT 2:  or Fallen London? http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/

Edited by Xorth Tanovar

47 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I have been playing "life" for a long time now, i do not want to quit it yet its so cool.

it's wayy too immersive, the graphics seem almost real!

I've been playing doctor for a while now, but then that's 90% of being a med student

11 hours ago, sal_vager said:

I've been trying to take a break from modern games.

I've been doing that also. Counter-Strike 1.6 (which I've been playing a lot online recently), while being 16~17 years old, is a lot more fun that many modern FPS games out there. SA-MP (GTA San Andreas Multiplayer mod) can be fun, too.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Still better than CS:GO.

Hah, most definitely.

CS:GO doesn't feel like actual Counter-Strike to me, mostly because of skins and VALVe trying to appeal to "arcade" shooters players (read: CoD players).

I'd play CS:S, CS 1.6 or even CS:CZ over CS:GO.

Grim Dawn. Best ARPG for a very long time. Best straight RPG in a very long time. Loot, stats, leveling, skills, items, monsters, scenery, atmosphere, graphical whatnots, you name it. The only downside is that it ends.

22 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Partition?

Have one, but it's probably broken as usual, been literally years since I booted the thing. Also have too much stuff always running / most of my files on NFS server / old and deep-seated loathing for Windows.
More importantly have "no Linux port == no purchase" rule. Might not-buy it and see if it runs in wine though.

5 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Yesssssss!

But I got distracted going through my old windows games... which developed into going through my older DOS games... then patching dosbox to support openglide... and patching openglide to support Carmageddon. :D
Which is what I am playing right now. Grim Dawn will keep for later.

looking to try dwarf fortress as it seems popular on this forum but the game is hardly a pick up and play from the 5 minutes so far. Recently have just been playing so so much DnD. Or group has upped it to 3 sessions a week (all different campaigns) and I have spent weeks creating a few characters and writing excessively long backstories, just really enjoying the freedom DnD offers.