[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

My final comment on the situation- the burger is like the Apollo 6 of mods, the starting point of the KSP career tech tree. Yes it's useless now but we're going  to add to it. We are going to be adding magic, potential he the ability to land on the moon, and much much more in the future. However we had to prove that the server could handle having a mod in the first place. So we added something small, Like a burger. As we've seen, the burger has done astronomically well, so we can continue on to much greater ideas. So please hang with us as we work on it. This is why it's considered pre-alpha. 

that said-  keep and eye out for tomorrow, because that's when we plan to on unwhitelisting the server. Meaning you will no longer have to be specifically added by me or sparky. The only limitation is having the mod. 

That said- have a nice day.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

I have been tinkering with redstone a bit, and made the core of a "mill town" with "boss's house (like a rich mill owner's mansion)" "refinery (big building with furnaces and firy chimneys it looks awesome)" and "crafting house (two levels of 9 sets of chest/anvil/crafting table, with the crafting table set into the floor which is 2 blocks thick and a rail drop off/pickup area with chests that connect inside to out)" in an ice spike biome.  Next will be "worker housing".  Why am i telling you all of this?  Because the rails are powered with redstone circuit instead of torches/switches.  I simply run a line of wire along side one side of the tracks (ducking under in one spot to the other side for ease of use purposes) with perpendicular offshoots to the block holding the powered rail, then a loop to the other side for the one on the other side.  Everything remains hidden, no redstone tech is visible.  I would suggest building any new rail lines like this, as it does very well in tunnels (the redstone wire must hit the block holding the powered rail on its side, which means one block step down from track level) and keeps it safe from mobs and cannot be accidentally switched off in the case of switches, or totally disabled in the case of torches.  It makes a very uncluttered result once everything is closed up.  Another option, is that you can place the redstone torches one block below the block the powered rail is sitting on.  This doubles the amount needed, however in the long run it may be worth taking a look at in areas where the rail lines do not cross caves/ravines and have room below to safely and simply/easily remove a block and seal it back up.  Just some thoughts.

- Andy

11 hours ago, transitbiker said:

I have been tinkering with redstone a bit, and made the core of a "mill town" with "boss's house (like a rich mill owner's mansion)" "refinery (big building with furnaces and firy chimneys it looks awesome)" and "crafting house (two levels of 9 sets of chest/anvil/crafting table, with the crafting table set into the floor which is 2 blocks thick and a rail drop off/pickup area with chests that connect inside to out)" in an ice spike biome.  Next will be "worker housing".  Why am i telling you all of this?  Because the rails are powered with redstone circuit instead of torches/switches.  I simply run a line of wire along side one side of the tracks (ducking under in one spot to the other side for ease of use purposes) with perpendicular offshoots to the block holding the powered rail, then a loop to the other side for the one on the other side.  Everything remains hidden, no redstone tech is visible.  I would suggest building any new rail lines like this, as it does very well in tunnels (the redstone wire must hit the block holding the powered rail on its side, which means one block step down from track level) and keeps it safe from mobs and cannot be accidentally switched off in the case of switches, or totally disabled in the case of torches.  It makes a very uncluttered result once everything is closed up.  Another option, is that you can place the redstone torches one block below the block the powered rail is sitting on.  This doubles the amount needed, however in the long run it may be worth taking a look at in areas where the rail lines do not cross caves/ravines and have room below to safely and simply/easily remove a block and seal it back up.  Just some thoughts.

- Andy

oooohhhh we got a new redstoner up in town!!!

19 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

oooohhhh we got a new redstoner up in town!!!

Well, i just figured that i'd try tinkering, and wanted to share my findings.  Also, a powered "loop" with no actual input from a power source can be created by putting a repeater down, laying wire around to one side, and put another repeater down pointing to the first one.  Put a redstone power source in the back end of the first repeater, wire becomes active, remove that power source... should stay on.  I have the mill town, made some changes etc but there is definitely some stuff i need to learn still.  The switching system fluburtur built is actually really well made, and it takes into account some of the more advanced redstone circuitry rules.  Having a series of buttons change the active circuit requires a huge amount of build-out, just like any electronics breadboard for something similar like pushing a simple button for different LED's to light up.  Please take the time to study the works below paradise and use what you find to connect new lines as needed.  I would even suggest creating a tunnel "bellmouth" in the switch track area (a 3x3 tunnel 4-5 blocks deep), with loops of track to test if pushing the button sends you the right way etc.

- Andy

6 hours ago, transitbiker said:

Also, a powered "loop" with no actual input from a power source can be created by putting a repeater down, laying wire around to one side, and put another repeater down pointing to the first one.  Put a redstone power source in the back end of the first repeater, wire becomes active, remove that power source... should stay on.

Yep! In Minecraft you actually can get free power by plugging a wire into itself! :D 

1 hour ago, Findthepin1 said:

Is there a way to protect builds? Like claiming them?

Generally others don't mess with it since it's whitelisted (@MK3424, despite me having that taken care of and allowing us to unwhitelist). So it's just us and we don't mess with your stuff unless it's some big community thing like the metro and even then we still like to double check it with you (activity helps).

If your worried, that's me and @SparkyFox's job. We'll take care of anything your concerned about.

28 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Generally others don't mess with it since it's whitelisted (@MK3424, despite me having that taken care of and allowing us to unwhitelist). So it's just us and we don't mess with your stuff unless it's some big community thing like the metro and even then we still like to double check it with you (activity helps).

If your worried, that's me and @SparkyFox's job. We'll take care of anything your concerned about.

uhhh....zoo....mk said no to the unwhitelist...

1 hour ago, transitbiker said:

Guise, c'mon, it's supposed to be fun.

- Andy

it is :) we're having fun

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Yes it is and you are to be commended for following them; it's your superior I contest with.

but I don't think mk will approve :P
iRKeIKB.png

Edited by SparkyFox

5 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

So I was gone for a couple weeks and I got back to find someone had built, among other things, a road, right in front of my back door. I moved the road and things further away and filled the space between my house and the road with tall grass and large oak trees. I'm worried that someone will take the trees down or flood the grass away, or they could go into my house and take things.

Should I be worried about that? Is there something I can do to prevent it, besides asking people not to steal and stuff?

Edited by Findthepin1

3 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

So I was gone for a couple weeks and I got back to find someone had built, among other things, a road, right in front of my back door. I moved the road and things further away and filled the space between my house and the road with tall grass and large oak trees. I'm worried that someone will take the trees down or flood the grass away, or they could go into my house and take things.

Should I be worried about that? Is there something I can do to prevent it, besides asking people not to steal and stuff?

don't be worried, youre not restricted, the era of theft is over and to claim land, just put a sign down saying this Is my land and no one is allowed to build withina 50x50 block radius or more

Edited by SparkyFox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.