[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

9 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

but he kinda didn't want to :P

He initially said yes.

ANYWAY- I could use farm hands (helpers on a farm). I'll pay 2 diamonds for every real life day you work for me. That's 14 diamonds a week at 4 weeks a month (more or less), so that's 56 diamonds a month. That's 6 diamond blocks with 2 left over.

You'll be searching my island for horses and herding them into a pin. Gathering and replanting wheat or hay. Helping sorting the horses and move them as needed. Keeping the mobs away at night. So on. You'll be given one complimentary horse and saddle to begin. You'll need a tp to the island as it's a decent distance away from everything else.

That is all.

7 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

He initially said yes.

ANYWAY- I could use farm hands (helpers on a farm). I'll pay 2 diamonds for every real life day you work for me. That's 14 diamonds a week at 4 weeks a month (more or less), so that's 56 diamonds a month. That's 6 diamond blocks with 2 left over.

You'll be searching my island for horses and herding them into a pin. Gathering and replanting wheat or hay. Helping sorting the horses and move them as needed. Keeping the mobs away at night. So on. You'll be given one complimentary horse and saddle to begin. You'll need a tp to the island as it's a decent distance away from everything else.

That is all.

HOW MANY HORSES DOES ONE NEED XD 3 huge pens so far

@transitbiker I'm confused about the tram line... will it be monorail style or underground? I would prefer monorail since a lot of people have basements in Sanctuary so the ground is like a swiss cheese. Also it would look a lot cooler! I already have made a compact station design We can use. Now, how are we gonna lay it out? I'm thinking of an inner main loop that connects to the town center and arms going off to more distant places and then back into the loop. It'll be easy to make the selector thingy since we'll only have one way traffic.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:44 PM, ZentroCatson said:

@transitbiker I'm confused about the tram line... will it be monorail style or underground? I would prefer monorail since a lot of people have basements in Sanctuary so the ground is like a swiss cheese. Also it would look a lot cooler! I already have made a compact station design We can use. Now, how are we gonna lay it out? I'm thinking of an inner main loop that connects to the town center and arms going off to more distant places and then back into the loop. It'll be easy to make the selector thingy since we'll only have one way traffic.

Above ground monorail.  I have family visiting from out of town, so i won't be on to help till tomorrow or maybe later today.

- Andy

Built some additional monorail supports.  It is very time consuming, so it will take me a while to build all of them.  It also doesnt help that there is varied terrain and water and fences etc in the way literally all over parts of sanctuary.  I built the stub end of one of the spokes off the main loop.  Some ladder to get up on the rail blocks would be nice, i do not have the inv space to carry them.  I am working on this project, my fortress island, resource gathering/mining, and crafting/smelting stuff for the rail lines and whatnot.  The other large project i am doing as i can, is re-doing the desert line with glass in place of fence to make it more scenic and safer for riders and keep mobs out.  I don't mind ding some of this stuff all on my own, but i do need time to gather resources in-game, and i also need time for real life/real world stuff.  Appreciate the patience. :)

I need someone's help to tie in the new port town line with the switching system at sanctuary.  I did not build this system, and i don't really "get" redstone, so i do need someone else to help me with this.  It comes in right next to the desert line.  It can be moved if need be to the opposite side of the interchange area down there.

On top of all this, i am playing ksp still, because i like that game too quite a lot. :)

- Andy

19 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

I need someone's help to tie in the new port town line with the switching system at sanctuary.  I did not build this system, and i don't really "get" redstone, so i do need someone else to help me with this.  It comes in right next to the desert line.  It can be moved if need be to the opposite side of the interchange area down there.

Ask @ZentroCatson. I would do it, but the wiring is a huge mess down there so I have no idea what does what and I have a ton of homework... :( 

3 hours ago, transitbiker said:

I think its already tied in and working. The bigger problems are in fact that the station is broken (again) @Fluburtur and that the rail line that goes from Paradise to Port town is really inefficient. If you want to go from Sanct to Port Town, you have to go all the way to Paradise first and then waste time riding back there since Sanctuary is closer to Port Town than Paradise.You can even reach Port Town by foot (and with some ender pearls) from Sanctuary rather quickly.

EDIT:

If you don't mind, I can make a scenic route to Port Town from Paradise since the terrain there is quite beautiful actually.

Edited by ZentroCatson

Here is the very first server mod. its only an alpha test release to see how thing server handles it, thought it's not on the server yet I'm still figuring that part out since the server is set up a little differently but you can download the mod and see it for yourself, the crafting recipe is;
       [space][bread][space]
[space][Cooked Steak][space]
      [space][bread][space]

Here are the files to my mod and the latest version of forgehttps://www.mediafire.com/?b6fw0g8hf96m0y3  (UPDATED)

• It does work on the server but only on client side
  • It's coded to work with server side(you still need to download it either way to play on the server once its on the server)
  • It only adds 1 burger so far, but later on more stuff will be added
  • Textures By Zentro(Co-Developer)
  • Mod by me

If you have trouble with installing it, let me know and I'll give you a detailed step by step walkthrough. This is my first mod since 1.4.7

Edited by SparkyFox

On January 24, 2017 at 2:00 AM, ZentroCatson said:

I think its already tied in and working. The bigger problems are in fact that the station is broken (again) @Fluburtur and that the rail line that goes from Paradise to Port town is really inefficient. If you want to go from Sanct to Port Town, you have to go all the way to Paradise first and then waste time riding back there since Sanctuary is closer to Port Town than Paradise.You can even reach Port Town by foot (and with some ender pearls) from Sanctuary rather quickly.

EDIT:

If you don't mind, I can make a scenic route to Port Town from Paradise since the terrain there is quite beautiful actually.

The line i built atually goes through some really spectacular terrain, including a deep valley where the line is at the very bottom near some water, and a ravine, which will have windows to see out the side once torches are placed to illuminate it.  There are ome other areas of "natural beauty" as well.  It is the most direct path from paradise.  Took me hours to scout out a proper route.  As others have said, there is way too much empty space in the big buildings at paradise.  New folks should be directed here to do their "thing".  I don't even see an issue with modifying floor spacing as needed to make room for redstone etc.  See this link and excerpt: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/33_Thomas_Street

"The Long Lines Building was designed by architect John Carl Warnecke and completed in 1974. As it was built to house telephone switching equipment, the average floor height is 18 feet (5.5 meters), considerably taller than in an average high-rise. The floors are also unusually strong, designed to carry 200 to 300 pound per square foot (10–15 kPa) live loads.[8]"

I do not see an issue in maintaining sanctuary as a low key, small scale settlement, and making paradise the hub for the rail lines, especially the longer ones.  I mean, what are we doing with the iron dome?  If it is not going to be used as intended and have a station stop as was originally intended, just let me take some iron blocks from it to put toward rail lines and redevelop the space as something else.  The connection i made from the iron dome stub end was not meant to be a permanent thing.  If the old port line is to be used as access to the port town, it needs more than one station.  The east trunk has the desert and tree farm and the ocean terminal, and the mid-mountain station, with more to come over time.  The new port town will also get a mid-mountain station, as well as 2-3 other stations for players to both use for exploring the area and resource gathering/transport, as well as creating small settlements (hiker hut for mid-mountain station is planned for example).

Agree, we need fluburtur to come back on here and help with the upkeep of the redstone he built.  If he does not want to do this, then he can at least explain what the circuits all do to zentro, sparky, and whomever else is good with redstone.

- Andy

@transitbiker Problem is, there are only 2 I think spaces for track left at Paradise station, so I don't think your plan will work, sorry. Still I do not like the idea of having to go to Paradise first and possibly go back the direction you came on another track. We need to do a vote on this, my proposal for the track is to instead of making one hub station, use already existing lines and stations for new lines going off of them. That'll also save a ton of track and resources.

8 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

@transitbiker Problem is, there are only 2 I think spaces for track left at Paradise station, so I don't think your plan will work, sorry. Still I do not like the idea of having to go to Paradise first and possibly go back the direction you came on another track. We need to do a vote on this, my proposal for the track is to instead of making one hub station, use already existing lines and stations for new lines going off of them. That'll also save a ton of track and resources.

Wait a second, 2 left? I thought there were 6 lines with only 3 being used (Sanctuary, Desert/Tree farm, and the mega-mine)

20 hours ago, transitbiker said:

Well, it's been fun!  Enjoy the mods etc.

- Andy

Awww dont leave us just yet, we're not ready to lose you! You seriously cant leave me with max! D:

Edited by SparkyFox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.