Xbox One save file issue finally solved!

Hello! 

The release of the console ports has been a bumpy road to say the least. Porting pc games to consoles is an enormously complex task and although we've encountered many issues while doing so, we've learned a lot in the way.

We are aware of the frustration that many players encountered when acquiring the console ports of our game and apologies are not enough to amend this. We have to prove ourselves to the community by taking action and solving these issues, so that the players get the game that they deserve.

We're glad to announce that we've taken a step forward in the right direction and we've finally released an Xbox One patch that solves the save file issue that players have been experiencing.  

We also want to let players know that we haven't forgotten about the PS4 port and its european release. We're focusing our efforts to solve the issues as soon as possible. Right now we have a QA team dedicated to test the latest PS4 patch that Flying Tiger has been developing. Unfortunately, this patch isn’t ready for certification yet, but we will keep you informed about any advancement regarding its release.

Thanks for your comprehension and support!

The KSP Dev Team

Once you make the update, a message will pop up, asking you to update your save files, accept it. You might then get a dashboard warning telling you to delete your save files, since they might be corrupted. You can either delete the files and then download them from the cloud or cancel the operation. I tested the latter and the save files worked perfectly. Nevertheless, I recommend to backup your files.

38 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

This patch's purpose was to fix the save file issue. There are other bugs that will be fixed in future patches, but the save file issue was a priority that needed to be solved.

does this inply the achievement/trophy is still broken? lol

Might wanna bump the brakes on the celebrations here SQUAD:

@Cheesemass   0Members3 posts

Posted 7 hours ago · 

Downloaded the update for Xbox about 5 hours ago.  Said that it needed to convert my saves.  I converted them.  Played my career for about 5 hours.  Quicksave as... files started loading randomly with regard to title, multiple reloads eventually loaded correct save.  B button stopped working to select craft parts while in orbit - then restarted KSP and my career was gone.

Is this the save game issue that was supposed to be fixed today?  

Edited by Deadmanrunning

I lost my save file as well after restarting KSP post patch.

I'm trying to look on the bright side, I'll take one final (big) loss if it means I don't have to worry about all of the constant losses going forward. Starting over with what I know now I'm able to get back to where I was much more efficiently and quickly. Plus, I no longer have Kerbals stranded on Duna and Eve :)

1 hour ago, erikinthebakery said:

I'm trying to look on the bright side, I'll take one final (big) loss if it means I don't have to worry about all of the constant losses going forward. Starting over with what I know now I'm able to get back to where I was much more efficiently and quickly. Plus, I no longer have Kerbals stranded on Duna and Eve :)

one thing you can do,  is when you start a new game, you can enter a custom difficulty and give yourself a cash and science bonus to help you get back to where you were lol

4 hours ago, erikinthebakery said:

So ive just played for like 30 mins thinking "yay now im unstoppable and I can carry my Science mode on" but what you are saying is that at some point there is a good chance my save will corrupt because it was from Pre-Patch era? 

Would you recommend I just cut my losses and start again now before putting any more time into my currently Doomed universe? 

I dont mind doing that, providing the issues are fixed. I would consider my first Science mode a learning experience and hopefully maximise my science gathering (and forget about my poorly timed Duna flyby which resulted in the death of Jeb) with the second chance.

Edited by AndyChilly

On 28/09/2016 at 8:43 PM, UomoCapra said:

We are aware of the frustration that many players encountered when acquiring the console ports of our game and apologies are not enough to amend this.

The KSP Dev Team

I would agree apologies are not enough to amend this indeed, please carry out the refund requests of your wronged customers.

Edited by Yakuzi

Good job Squad! If this really Works...

Have anyone tried my "how to corrupt the game in 5 minuttes" yet?

I'm not wasting more time on this until its confirmed a fix, so if anyone starting a New career wanna try, please do.

What i did was, as I've said before-  Start New career (maybe give some Researchpoints so you can easily build larger ships from start for this test!)

Unlock some parts!

Now make a Savefile in KSC.

Og into build mode, make a Large Craft With 300 parts. Save it!

Now rename it several times With a New name.

When I first did this test, more then 2 months ago, I renamed and made about 30 Versions of the ship, tho, KSP only kept 8 of em. Any saves of any kind, made after this point would fail.

Make a New Savefile in KSC, this would normaly fail (be lost)

Now restart the game & hope for the best! Are they all there?

Also, as I have also said earlier, theres no need too launch the Ships into Space Or Kerbin. Having the files in the "folder" seemed too do the job.

Before I'd start a New KSP career, I would check this out for sure.

Atleast you'd be sure

Gl, hope its all Good!

On 28.9.2016 at 8:43 PM, UomoCapra said:

Hello! 

The release of the console ports has been a bumpy road to say the least. Porting pc games to consoles is an enormously complex task and although we've encountered many issues while doing so, we've learned a lot in the way.

We are aware of the frustration that many players encountered when acquiring the console ports of our game and apologies are not enough to amend this. We have to prove ourselves to the community by taking action and solving these issues, so that the players get the game that they deserve.

We're glad to announce that we've taken a step forward in the right direction and we've finally released an Xbox One patch that solves the save file issue that players have been experiencing.  

We also want to let players know that we haven't forgotten about the PS4 port and its european release. We're focusing our efforts to solve the issues as soon as possible. Right now we have a QA team dedicated to test the latest PS4 patch that Flying Tiger has been developing. Unfortunately, this patch isn’t ready for certification yet, but we will keep you informed about any advancement regarding its release.

Thanks for your comprehension and support!

The KSP Dev Team

This patch destroyed my save game completly and all my 100+ hours of game play is gone!!!!! What a crap is this?!

I had two saves in my profile, a small test one and my real game save. After the patch I selected the test game save to see if everything goes well, and after that my real game was deleted and not anymore selectable! It is just gone!

I'm absolutly upset about this BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as the crap XBox ONE doesn't allow us to make copies of our saves, I lost over 100 hours of my gameplay. This sucks!

Edited by Monkey-CH

mine updated itself, popped up a dialog which vanished before I had a chance to read it, have only played it once since then so not yet seen if the progress made was saved, or if anything has corrupted.

Do we know if this has fixed the issue of the game just deciding not to save stuff like craft in orbit when you hit an (unpublished) limit?

We're working hard on solving this issue. We tested this problem for weeks on the test kits before it was released without a problem, even Microsoft tested it. We also tested on a retail console as soon as it was released and we didn't found any problem.

Apparently the issue happens if after converting the files you manually delete them, by doing this the files are automatically deleted from the cloud as well. You should just convert the files without deleting anything

Can you tell us who had this problem and who didn't to see how often this happens? also, what steps did you follow? did you manually delete the files?

We apologize for the inconvenience and we understand your frustration. Any information you can give us will be of much help in identifying and solving the issue.

First off, thank you for working hard on this. I'm sure these issues are even less fun for you than they are for us!

I had my save files vanish. Initially, I loaded the game and followed the prompts. I did not initially delete any files. I opened my career up just for a few minutes to see if there were other changes and then closed it due to needing to leave the house. When I returned, my saved game was gone. At that point I did a hard reboot of my Xbox and checked again. Then I deleted the files and did another hard reboot and checked again.

I don't know if MS is able to pull any data from their end, but if it helps my gamertag is the same as my username on this site.

@Goitah  - My old gamesave vanished much the same way as what erikinthebakery described. I didn't lose anything important, as I was only messing around with sandbox games.

The updated gamesave system has worked great for myself so far. I hit the gamesave limit, which popped up a dialogue box asking me to delete saves to make space. Worked perfectly with no corruption. Thanks for your hard work and effort getting this fixed for us! :kiss:

Ugh. Just ran into a game breaking bug that won't let me save on Xbox One, post patch. Had just completed a contract to put a 20 kerbal station into orbit around the mun, and it wouldn't let me save or go to the space center. It said it was autosaving, but when I tried to load the persistent save, it just loaded me back to my quicksave, which was on the launchpad. Not sure what is happening but I am pretty disappointed. I am going to stop playing any more until they actually get the game working. Nothing is worse than losing a couple hours of work. Squad should really issue refunds at this point. What a shame. Back to waiting for a fix I guess. 

I don't think that the save issue is solved quite yet. Myself and others have still encountered save issues and other issues post patch. Not being able to save, saves being reverted, more crashing, and other bugs that force you to restart the game, or lose hours of progress, or both. I think I remember someone saying that they wouldn't release it until it was "perfect." That's funny. Also, that whole part of about proving yourself to the community only works when you give them respect and communicate with them when they are pressing you for questions about the broken game you sold them. 

I have really come to expect the worst from Squad and KSP. You could still prove me wrong Squad. You probably won't, but you could. You could communicate with us and let us know what is going on with KSP on console. There are huge issues on console that Squad hasn't even addressed. The only issue they have addressed is the save corruption and that isn't even fixed it turns out, after three months. I know 1.2 isn't coming out on consoles tomorrow, even though they never communicated that with us. It seems we are stuck with 1.1.0 on console, which never worked well on PC. In three months, not only have we not seen updates 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.3, but they have not even fixed the save issues, crashing, SAS, or other console specific bugs. So when I ask Squad when are consoles going to see 1.2, they are just silent. Probably too scared to be honest. Then they might have to issue refunds or something.