Explosion the second I click 'Launch'

Hey there,

Something is going on with my install of Kerbal Space Program and I'm not quite sure why.

Several things seem to be slightly off.

For Example: In the Orbiting 101, when they say that they're going to adjust the thrust whilst in space a bit.. No space ship is in view! :S

The main issue is: In career mode, the second I finish building my ship and then click Launch (Literally just the Space module, rocket and wings), after 1 second or so of loading, there is a large flash of fire and explosions covering the entire screen, and then i just get a slightly zoomed out view of the space station on the planet...

I then click back to the space station and am able to click launch in the hangar again and just get the same results.

Is this a bug in my game or am I missing something?

Sadly I have to ask a barrage of questions to help, can you tell me:

• What Operating System are you using?
  • What version are you using?
  • Did you get KSP through Steam or the KSP Store?
  • If Steam, Can you check the integrity of the game cache? You can do this by going to your steam library, right clicking Kerbal Space Program, going to "Local Files" then clicking "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". Then check how KSP plays then. If though the KSP Store, delete KSP (you can keep your save games) and reinstall it and then check again.
  • Lastly, go into the location of the KSP install (local files under Steam) and find "KSP_Win" (or "KSP_OSX" for Mac and "KSP_Linux" for Linux). Then once you find that main folder, go to "KSP_Data" and inside that find a file called the "OutputLog", take that file and upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and make sure to link it to use (in the case of Google Drive, make sure it is set to share).

Once we have that information we can begin moving to help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.