PULL UP COUGAR

I have a few concerns,

I want to keep playing my current save on PS4 but I am grinding my teeth at the thought of limping this save through the next few weeks to have the PS4 patch wipe out my progress completely.

Should I just stop playing until its sorted out?

Why am I expected to wait for something that should just work???

I didn't sign up for this!!!

PULL UP SQUAD. PULL UP.

4 minutes ago, Deadmanrunning said:

I have a few concerns,

I want to keep playing my current save on PS4 but I am grinding my teeth at the thought of limping this save through the next few weeks to have the PS4 patch wipe out my progress completely.

PULL UP SQUAD. PULL UP.

Would like to hear the dev s response on this. Should we expect the same dreadful save wipe after the ps4 patch.? Suppose we can't really trust them as they told the xbox users they could use their saves.

1 minute ago, RW1984 said:

Would like to hear the dev s response on this. Should we expect the same dreadful save wipe after the ps4 patch.? Suppose we can't really trust them as they told the xbox users they could use their saves.

RIGHT????

One of them EXPLICITLY said he tested it!

Guess they also said it went through THREE rounds of QA...

geez

Edited by Deadmanrunning

1 minute ago, Deadmanrunning said:

RIGHT????

One of them EXPLICITLY said he tested it!

Guess they also said it went through THREE rounds of QA...

geez

In dev notes a few weeks back they said the patch was taking so long because they wanted it to be 'perfect'.  A few weeks only one console gets a patch to fix one bug out of many AND people can't use their saves.  This is the worst mess I've ever encountered in gaming,  honestly I'm sickened with their attitude towards the console users.

2 hours ago, RW1984 said:

In dev notes a few weeks back they said the patch was taking so long because they wanted it to be 'perfect'.  A few weeks only one console gets a patch to fix one bug out of many AND people can't use their saves.  This is the worst mess I've ever encountered in gaming,  honestly I'm sickened with their attitude towards the console users.

And to make a bummer situation worse half the PC players defend squad like they are an an old family friend.

Edited by Deadmanrunning

On 10/4/2016 at 5:38 PM, Deadmanrunning said:

I told console users in August to stop waiting for a patch. Since you just got an xbox patch (in all its glory), its all but certain that squad considers this a completed console "update" for Q4 2016.

That said, they'll start on a new patch, which may be 1.13 some more or maybe upgrade to 1.2 entirely. In any case, it is obvious to me that this won't be any sooner than the new year. 

So in jan/feb, you might get a patch which actually fixes the saves, and possibly addresses one or two more issues.

You are indeed expected to wait because you were foolish enough to not request a refund immediately after seeing this mess,

now, in effect, you have signed up for this.

I would say the console versions of ksp will not be fully playable till mid 2017 at the earliest, assuming FT is contracted to continue working on this project this far.

There's a reason it didn't release in the countries with the greatest consumer rights protection..

On 10/4/2016 at 2:49 PM, RW1984 said:

It's not just saves getting wiped either. I am currently running into a lot more issues on Xbox One, post patch. Just ran into a bug that won't let you save or go to the space center. Ran into a bug yesterday that basically wouldn't let me use the tracking station to warp time so I just had to do something else. Ran into a bug where my space station that took days to build just split in half without letting me revert to a save before that happened. The game is broken. Squad should really issue refunds. I don't think they have the competency or the will to fix this. 

2 hours ago, Violent Jeb said:

I told console users in August to stop waiting for a patch. Since you just got an xbox patch (in all its glory), its all but certain that squad considers this a completed console "update" for Q4 2016.

That said, they'll start on a new patch, which may be 1.13 some more or maybe upgrade to 1.2 entirely. In any case, it is obvious to me that this won't be any sooner than the new year. 

So in jan/feb, you might get a patch which actually fixes the saves, and possibly addresses one or two more issues.

You are indeed expected to wait because you were foolish enough to not request a refund immediately after seeing this mess,

now, in effect, you have signed up for this.

I would say the console versions of ksp will not be fully playable till mid 2017 at the earliest, assuming FT is contracted to continue working on this project this far.

There's a reason it didn't release in the countries with the greatest consumer rights protection..

Hi - I'm wondering how you come to these conclusions.  Not saying you won't ultimately be right, but how would you know how quickly there will be a patch on PS4?

I find the game playable except for corrupting saves and crashing that happens after I unlock the mining parts.  It's a pain to close and reopen the game when I can no longer set a node, but it's not a game breaker.  More like time to take a bathroom break while the game reboots.  But as I've shared in other posts, I have intentionally stopped unlocking parts after a certain amount of progress as I have found that to help stop the crashing and some of the other bugs.

it's simple, look at the release history and infer. the fact that they have nothing to state is pretty telling. in lieu of upfront discourse, it's the only certain thing to base opinions from. 6-8 months between updates, like clockwork.

the fact that they now have to proxy through FT MS / Sony additionally does not suggest the console updates will be any faster, esp when we have confirmation that the console release will essentially "follow" the pc updates.

so, now i will go on to speculate, that FT might simply change gears and start to update to 1.2 (provided their contract goes that far), and hope that maybe some of the problems go away.  For me play-ability requires a stable save game, when i've dropped thousands of hours into KSP.

I genuinely think that this time next year would be an adequate guess. the turnaround time on updates given the success of this game is unbelievable.

like, wheels were fixed in the code back in march/april?, and yet they refused to do a hotfix so we could use them, and let us sit until october for the update. Console work appears to be pretty much the same at this point. All i know if that "being positive" for a release that is "right around the corner" is counter productive to adequate gameplay updates and simply pads the pockets of SQUAD.

Edited by Violent Jeb

I do not wish to start any arguments or fights, but I do have a question.

Why can't we all just sit back, be friends, and be patient?

the pc problem has had 2 big issues, that will not be fixed till 1.2 drops, and that makes it unplayable for me and many other people.

On PC, every 3 launches causes my game to crash, and the wheels in the game refuse to work properly, which has been a huge issue for at least 1-2 version. Yet, despite all this, many people were patient, and now we are getting at least 1 out of the 2 bug fixes (not sure if crashing will be fixed, but I found a personal workaround for that, so I do not care as much.)

Edited by nascarlaser1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, Deadmanrunning said:

And to make a bummer situation worse half the PC players defend squad like they are an an old family friend.

To us, they are. Unlike you who are knew to this game we've ridden out issues like you but silently, knowing that they are working on it.

Moreover to answer your initial question, should you keep playing or wait; my only answer is up to you but a major release is planned for the 11th (in two days). That likely will include the console as a major overhaul you've been waiting for. Remember Squad said they wanted to have releases occur at the same time across all platforms, including consoles*.

*delays based on regions may occur.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.