Jimbodiah's explorations (pic of the day)

Haha, thanks :)

I made a version before to test the heat on longer burns, but basically just "moar radiators" as it was an excuse to finally use those huge fixed radiators. I could get away with 8 I think, but 16 looked so much cooler :wink:  

• 2 weeks later...

So after over 70k ly in Elite, I'm building stuff in KSP again :)  This time a single launch mission to Mars (SSRSS). Below is the test launch to see if I forgot anything :) 

Still fine-tuning the launcher as I'm maxed out in the VAB in terms of height. The large tank below is 6.25m diameter (think Saturn V first stage) and has three huge J2-X engines powering it.

edit: yeah, aim for a 20km periapsis during re-entry next time instead of 30km. The capsule (unmanned) is now on an escape trajectory again with no means of correcting for any kind of return. And to think Jeb insisted he be on this flight...

jimbodiah_161130.jpg
click to enlarge

Almost exclusively SSTU parts.

Edited by Jimbodiah

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.