What Facts Do We Know About The Devs Leaving?

Mycroft

Okay, here's a wild idea: How about we all calm down? @RoverDude, we are almost all on your side here. @Andem, I think RoverDude is well within his rights, as is SQUAD. I think we're all capable of civilized discourse. Everyone else, let's not pile on RoverDude. His mods are among the best, and his behavior throughout the discussion has been (mostly) impeccable.

And with that, I'm off to bed, be back in 6-8 hours.

[thinks of all the comments to read in the morning] Oooooh. That'll be fun.

Edited by Mycroft

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

Am I the only one who finds this whole controversy more than a little ridiculous?

Yes and no.

On the one hand, it IS a little weird to get an extremely up-beat and optimistic devnote and 10 seconds later read a sad departure note for a significant portion of the major players at Squad.

On the other hand, 99% of the talk going on is either gibberish or pointless.

Whilst it would be wrong to tell people they cant express their opinions on a public forum, there aint a lot to be done by us apart from wait.

Squad have given us far more information than we are owed.

18 minutes ago, Alewx said:

Sure I'm wrong because there are sooooooo much more staff members labeled as programmers..... Maybe I'm just blind but I do only see 2 there.

You are seeing just fine, just what you are seeing is not what you think it is. It is a list of forum accounts.

8 minutes ago, Alewx said:

And for his interaction here he deserves respect

Indeed. Mach den ersten Schritt.

10 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I'm just going to drop the mic right here.

So any criticism of you is going to just get ignored, is that it?

5 minutes ago, Alewx said:

I do not see him beeing harsh with the community; but as developer you have to deal with a lot of stuff from the community and at some points it is just enough and you can no longer sit there and smile to everything.
RuderDude has his opinion and that is totally fine.

And for his interaction here he deserves respect because who else labeled as SQUAD said so much?

I get that because I'm still not a moron, and I certainly have a lot of respect for him. If I didn't respect him, I wouldn't have bothered to give reasons for why, in my opinion, his opinion is not the reality of the situation. I'm not saying that the community is blameless, by all means this has most definitely been blown waay out of porportion. What I said was that he's being harsh, implying that he's being harder on them than is really deserving.

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Okay, here's a wild idea: How about we all calm down? @RoverDude, we are almost all on your side here. @Andem, I think RoverDude is well within his rights, as is SQUAD. I think we're all capable of civilized discourse. Everyone else, let's not pile on RoverDude. His mods are among the best, and his behavior throughout the discussion has been (mostly) impeccable.

And with that, I'm off to bed, be back in 6-8 hours.

[thinks of all the comments I'll have to read in the morning] Oooooh. That'll be fun.

He's completely within his rights and so are Squad. I'm not arguing that at all.

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

But we will still have 1.2! I, for one, plan to stockpile several copies of it (around five) as well as my favorite mods. Also, this update gives mods plenty of time to improve and catch up! There is a bright side too. What is happening now is concerning, true, but there is considerable speculation about it that arguably increases the concern. As I like to say, you can't look at the whole cloud without seeing the silver lining.

Off to watch Markiplier to relax....

what I've been saying to all the doom seers! Just get a version you're happy with and stockpile mods!!!!

1 minute ago, p1t1o said:

Yeh, that would seem ok to me.

What is your endgame here?

Well, I really would appreciate an actual response, but more than that I actually really respect Roverdude and would prefer to not have that marred by something so ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Andem said:

Well, I really would appreciate an actual response, but more than that I actually really respect Roverdude and would prefer to not have that marred by something so ridiculous.

You got one. And sometimes we dont get everything that we prefer.

I think we will not get any "official" statement, if we will get any, until Mexico office time. 

From my point of view things are going south pretty fast.

Golden age is clearly over since HarvesteR left.

Now they turn this "experience" in a common cash cow. 

SQUAD is a profit company: I am not a happy customer. I can be wrong but I do think I am not the only one.

My rant is not a common "wheels r broken so I dont git gud". It is a "sales and marketing" issue.

Now, I am not saying that SQUAD is not allowed to turn the game in a cash cow - their property, their will, but my toy is my toy (kindly provided by "you - SQUAD" after I paid my dues), just clearly tell me what are you doing with it and I will react accordingly.

If the data that are provided us are incomplete we can not have a correct answer.

And I am not looking for reasons why people left: turnover in a company happens and I do think it is just a symptom here and not the real issue we are facing. 

If we ask for the wrong questions they can hide behind the NDA. I do not want to hear evil about devs or SQUAD.

I would like to have a roadmap, if there is any.

Edited by Signo

The community may seem harsh and unfair at this point, but for me it's just because i care!

For this game and everything that comes with it.

So much people caring about this situation of devs leaving, seems to be a positive thing in my opinion.

So, im glad that everything kinda got sorted out and development will continue on this gem.

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Andem said:

I'm really not sure why you of all people is reading into all of this so much.

What a weird response.

Im reading precisely nothing into anything...I have taken the things I have responded to, and my responses can be taken in turn, quite literally.

20 minutes ago, Signo said:

I think we will not get any "official" statement, if we will get any, until Mexico office time. 

You have one, in the Announcements. If you don't believe it pls. keep it to yourself because it leads to no good and it's starting to annoy people, like the devs (see above) and meanwhile people like me as well.

Your point of view is wrong. In the contrary, 1.2pre is the far more stable than 1.1.x.

You're wrong. It has improved.

That is simply none of your (or my) affairs. It's their business.

SQUAD is a profit company:

So ?

I am not a happy customer. I can be wrong but I do think I am not the only one.

Sadly no. But i bet there are far more happy than unhappy ones. The unhappy ones are just louder.

My rant is not a common "wheels r broken so I dont git gud". It is a "sales and marketing" issue.

That's none of your affairs.

Now, I am not saying that SQUAD is not allowed to turn the game in a cash cow - their property, their will, but my toy is my toy (kindly provided by "you - SQUAD" after I paid my dues), just clearly tell me what are you doing with it and I will react accordingly.

??? lacking content ... you bought it, you used it, you can do with it whatever you want. And most probably your wishes conflict with those of others.

If the data that are provided us are incomplete we can not have a correct answer.

You have an answer, you don't believe it. Don't blame someone else.

What makes you think you're entitled to get one ?

What is it, with every new sub-release teammembers come and go and every time a mob starts to lament about virtually nothing. "Help, they are taking my toy !". It.is.ridiculous.

Over and out.

2 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

What a weird response.

Im reading precisely nothing into anything...I have taken the things I have responded to, and my responses can be taken in turn, quite literally.

Hmm. Perhaps I worded it poorly. My point was, why are you, who has nothing to do with the original disagreement involving yourself pointlessly? And it also raises the question as to why you think that condescending insults are a valid response now that you have involved yourself.

24 minutes ago, Signo said:

What I do hope for is that any spokesperson of Squad makes a good move to end all this blatant speculation, which serves no-one, which does not move us ahead. What people are only doing is disecting a few words on the forums over and over again. For now, I believe we got what we can in the way of "official" information.

Why is that? Have you got any proof that KSP will stop working tomorrow? Haven't you got what you paid for? Was anything promised to you, that wasn't delivered?

Why don't you wait, what is happening, before spelling doomsdays to come?

You make it sound like Squad was taken over by EA... How do you know that?

SQUAD is a profit company: I am not a happy customer. I can be wrong but I do think I am not the only one.

Not being happy is you prerogative.

Haven't you already bought KSP??? Then what's there to buy? And if I may make a guess: Once Squad puts out shiny new toys and you gotta pay n* dollars for it, you'll stand in line as well!

* insert random amount here.

You got KSP 1.1, you will get 1.2 next tuesday, so what's the problem?

And I am not looking for reasons why people left: turnover in a company happens and I do think it is just a symptom here and not the real issue we are facing. 

If we ask for the wrong questions they can hide behind the NDA. I do not want to hear evil about devs or SQUAD.

And Squad is not obliged to you to inform you about their internal affairs. Stuff happens, sometimes people leave for better projects, for next milestones and sometimes people depart because they and their employers do not see eye to eye anymore. And sometimes just because their contracts ended. That this was communicated in a very odd way is true and we got all the information one can expect from a company.

Again, Squad are not obliged to give you this. They may, at their deliberation, present you what plans they have soon. The problem is that whatever Squad will be saying now or in the near future, you will never be content, because right now, all this negativity has led to the implication that you want to be malcontent, that you expect that KSP is going down the drain.

So I urge all of you: this horse has been beaten to death, let us look forward to KSP 1.2 and then see what's coming in the future!

39 minutes ago, Andem said:

It would go a long way to showing Roverdude that you respect him, if you would stop badgering him and drop the subject.

He has given several responses. At the very least, he's trying to respect his co-workers' right to privacy. You arbitrarily decided that you want to know more than he is at liberty to discuss. That's your problem, not his.

You're not helping.

8 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

snip

I tried to "ask", I did not write that SQUAD must do anything. I am not a happy customer - do they want to retain me? We will see.

And yes, I had the feeling SQUAD will go "EA mode" from now on.

I might be wrong.    

PS - obviously without any further communication I can keep on wildly assuming, therefore spreading nonsense on the internet. 

Edited by Signo

Just now, Signo said:

I tried to "ask", I did not write that SQUAD must do anything. I am not a happy customer - do they want to retain me? We will see.

And yes, I had the feeling SQUAD will go "EA mode" from now on.

I might be wrong.    

Then you are welcome to take your toys and leave. I still do not see any grounds for being unhappy. And as you yourself state, you don't know what is coming up, so please keep your malcontent to yourself, until you know for sure, before starting to complain about the cruelty of the world. Sorry if I sound harsh, but all this is becoming very hard to bear...

8 minutes ago, Andem said:

Hmm. Perhaps I worded it poorly. My point was, why are you, who has nothing to do with the original disagreement involving yourself pointlessly? And it also raises the question as to why you think that condescending insults are a valid response now that you have involved yourself.

Ehhh...are we still on this...again I wonder about your endgame.

I will continue to involve myself in whatever thread I see fit.

8 minutes ago, BeeGeenie said:

It would go a long way to showing Roverdude that you respect him, if you would stop badgering him and drop the subject.

He has given several responses. At the very least, he's trying to respect his co-workers' right to privacy. You arbitrarily decided that you want to know more than he is at liberty to discuss. That's your problem, not his.

You're not helping.

Well it would be clear that I respect Roverdude if you were to look past the two posts you're looking at. But you actually don't care and just want to make noise, so you're spouting nonsense without bothering to check the facts.

He has responded once by basically saying "You're a moron" without going into details as to why.

You're not helping.

1 minute ago, p1t1o said:

Ehhh...are we still on this...again I wonder about your endgame.

I will continue to involve myself in whatever thread I see fit.

I would like a response from Roverdude that actually addresses my point. And, to that end, I would like the same from Squad. nothing more, nothing less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.