[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Snacks! - Friendly, Simplified Life Support

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, akira178452130 said:

I'd like to localize this mod but I had run into some trouble because I haven't localize any mod which don't have a localization file in other languange already..

my main issue is that i can't find where this module put the file which controls all those window and button like these one

QQ-20230714220537.pngQQ-20230714220905.png

can anyone help me please?

You'd have to modify the source code, the strings are currently hardcoded in English.

I have localized this mod for most of the part,and i have send pull request at github already

there is two main part that I had ran into trouble with though

1. setting windows are not localized because  CustomParameterUI Class doesn't  accept localizer.format() both as title or tooltips , it only accept const

2. kspedia pages are not localized because I can't even find the pages at the kspedia in game

how should i fix these ?

there is also some other little isse that make some specific lines and words not localizable ,is it OK that i post these here?

By the way,is there any greenhouse parts mod that support snacks?

7 hours ago, akira178452130 said:

kspedia pages are not localized because I can't even find the pages at the kspedia in game

These are unity asset bundles.

7 hours ago, akira178452130 said:

is there any greenhouse parts mod that support snacks?

You can use ckan to search for mods that depend/recommend/suggest/support other mods.  Moldavite Machines looks like it fits the bill.  Looks like SSPX also has some snacks support, but it's not included in the CKAN metadata.

Edited by JonnyOThan

21 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

These are unity asset bundles.

I'm not very sure what does that mean,according to 

I just need to copy the .ksp file from the source code and paste it into the gameplay folder in KSP to do the trick

but it didn't work,kspeia pages for snack can't be found anywhere in the game

3 hours ago, akira178452130 said:

I'm not very sure what does that mean,according to 

I just need to copy the .ksp file from the source code and paste it into the gameplay folder in KSP to do the trick

but it didn't work,kspeia pages for snack can't be found anywhere in the game

Huh, the assetbundle here is 7 years old.  You might need to recompile it with a newer version of unity. https://github.com/Angel-125/Snacks/tree/master/KSPedia/SnacksKSPedia/AssetBundles

Does Snacks always use a flat 6-hour day? It's a bit difficult to schedule for trips in a rescaled stock system, as I don't know whether the mod follows the clock (which still sits at 6 hours a day, 425 days, inducing a lot of jet lag for my poor kerbals) or the rotation of Kerbin. Also, the duration calculator gets stuck at 1 year, 209 days, and doesn't pass that. Would setting it to use days (whether they be 6 hours or kerbin's rotation) help that?

3 hours ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Does Snacks always use a flat 6-hour day?

Nope! As the OP says, somewhere deep inside the text, it supports all rescaled systems by setting the "snacks day" to the day length of the homeworld, whether that is Kerbin or Earth or any other.

I don't know about the other questions.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

converting the Air and Stress text documents to a CFG file

That's all that you have to do. But you have to make sure that the original file extension .txt is showing in the first place. If it wasn't, then now you just have Air.cfg.txt and Stress.cfg.txt and they remain inactive.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's all that you have to do. But you have to make sure that the original file extension .txt is showing in the first place. If it wasn't, then now you just have Air.cfg.txt and Stress.cfg.txt and they remain inactive.

Okay, I converted them into CFG files, but... the game no longer lets me enter the VAB, tracking station, or anywhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.