1.3 - What will it have?

1 minute ago, jsisidore said:

Stock ssto suck donkey balls, we need bigger wings and more adapter parts for engines.

*cough* did you say bigger?! I'd say the current giant wings need to be more modular rather than an even bigger variant lol

2 minutes ago, regex said:

1.3 will include some bug fixes, minor changes, and future compatibility, that's about it.

Any other new content will be released in the form of paid DLC.

And you know of this how? I'm pretty sure that DLCs/expansions will be outside of original game scope.

4 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

And you know of this how? I'm pretty sure that DLCs/expansions will be outside of original game scope.

I suspect that as well.  When they said DLC, the first thing I thought of was:

1. Boats

2. Submarines

3. Propeller Planes

Those can be made unique enough from the mod community that people would still be interested.  On the other hand if they try to do something like clouds or other visual enhancements that would pretty much look just like the mod, I think people will just stick with the mod.

5 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

And you know of this how?

How does anyone outside of Squad know anything about the future of KSP when there is no public roadmap? I mean, seriously, are you really asking me this in a blatant speculation thread?

5 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I'm pretty sure that DLCs/expansions will be outside of original game scope.

What exactly is the original game scope? Where are the design documents?

- Life Support (the basics : Power (fans, heaters...), O2/N2, Food, H2O, CO2, Waste, need for a reasonable cabin temperature...)
- Atmospheric effects (aka weather, some sort of). Perpetual violent thunderstorms on Eve, dust storms on Duna, some rain/wind/snow on Kerbin etc...

21 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I don't know, but I doubt they are going to stop making content available for free.

vOv  I can't see them continue to update this game with content any more, besides maybe an art pass; they're going to have to find a new revenue stream from it. Their recent announcement points to something akin to that.

It will have tears and screams of crying toddlers.

The fact that a year or two ago this kind of speculation thread would get immediately locked makes me think even mods don't care much about this forum anymore.

The devs are mostly gone. Just prepare yourselves for the end of KSP.

13 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

*cough* did you say bigger?! I'd say the current giant wings need to be more modular rather than an even bigger variant lol

Bigger delta wings, right now I have to stack them in three, which is wrong.

Edited by jsisidore

1 hour ago, Veeltch said:

The devs are mostly gone. Just prepare yourselves for the end of KSP.

Few devs gone means nothing. There is no alternative to ksp and the space age only began. All they need is a bit of enthusiasm on their side and ours.

On 10/11/2016 at 11:45 AM, Rosco P. Coltrane said:

Weren't the 1.2 wheels "patched" until a better 3rd party tool was incorporated into the game or am I imagining things? If that's true then I would expect that. 

I think you're mixed up a bit. The new wheels/legs in 1.1 implemented a third party package for Unity, Vehicle Physics Pro. That package had some bugs that needed a newer Unity version to fix; this new version was part of the 1.2 update.

3 hours ago, Veeltch said:

The fact that a year or two ago this kind of speculation thread would get immediately locked makes me think even mods don't care much about this forum anymore.

The volunteers who work to keep the forum running and civil would like to thank you for your vote of confidence. 

On 10/10/2016 at 7:57 PM, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

I know everyone's going to be like "Ugggg there won't be a 1.3 all the devs are goneeeee"

But I think 1.3 will have multiplayer or possibly life support, in addition to new parts, better physics, etc.

Man i've been waiting for multiplayer forever

if squads does it i will be going bananas , and probably break my computer

but seriously , PLEASE make multiplayer squad

If multiplayer is going to be a thing, there will need to have more launchpads dotted around Kerbin as seeing an unstable rocket coming for ya will lead to a (beautiful, yet horrible) disaster. Unless rockets will be invunerable for 1 minute after launch (to other players) then more launchpads it is.

Y'know, other than the Runway and Baikerbanur...

Another way to do multiplayer that would be far simpler would be a "company leaderboard" for the different rocket companies. When you start a career mode you can sponsor one of the different rocket companies and whatever you do would effect how well said company does against others in terms of K.I.A., Science yield, mission length, part count, etc? Might be interesting.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 14.10.2016 at 2:40 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

The volunteers who work to keep the forum running and civil would like to thank you for your vote of confidence. 

As far as I've observed(I'm pretty new here, granted), this forum has the best community and moderation I've seen yet. Huge props to the mod team :wink:

Also I think wishlist threads are one of the most important topics on an ever-developing games' forums. They can keep the community hype up and also give cues to devs on what community might want to be added.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.