[1.3] Alshain's Modlets - Electric Lights, Localizer Helper, Advanced Tweakables Button, Bulb

Alshain

10 hours ago, Junn_Sorran said:

Is Buld compatible with current ksp version or are any updates planned? I can't find anything else up to date that do the same.

I just installed it and tested it last night, works fine as far as I could see

7 hours ago, Junn_Sorran said:

I can confirm it worked for me, thanks!

However, every light on my existing spaceships have been reset to r=0 g=0 b=0, is this intended?

I took a look back at the code and as it is right now, that is normal.  It only occurs to craft that were never placed in the editor while the mod was installed (the light settings are only recorded in the editor and written in the flight mode).  I might be able to fix it for later, but it won't happen again if you reset them with the mod installed.

• 2 months later...

KSP 1.3.0 Status:

AdvancedTweakablesButton: Requires No Update (except update Module Manager)

ElectricLights: Requires No Update (except update Module Manager)

Bulb: 1.3.3 Released (update required for 1.3.0)
-Updated references for KSP 1.3.0
-Fixes an issue where existing lights would reset color when Bulb is first installed.
-No localization at this time.

Edited by Alshain

Well, If I had realized it was going to be that easy, I would have just waited on that earlier release.

Bulb and ElectricLights are now versions 1.3.4 and 1.0.3 respectively to add localization support.  (ATB doesn't have anything that needs localizing)

• 4 weeks later...

Active Tweakables Button v1.0.3 is now available

Changes:
* Add Toolbar Support
* Add version file for KSP-AVC users (MiniAVC not included)
* Add Changelog
* Change to MIT License
* Reorganize file folders

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.06.2017 at 2:01 AM, Alshain said:

Active Tweakables Button v1.0.3 is now available

Changes:
* Add Toolbar Support
* Add version file for KSP-AVC users (MiniAVC not included)
* Add Changelog
* Change to MIT License
* Reorganize file folders

Doesn't work well with toolbar installed. To test: enter VAB, icon is available in toolbar. Exit VAB, enter again - an it's gone.

43 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Doesn't work well with toolbar installed. To test: enter VAB, icon is available in toolbar. Exit VAB, enter again - an it's gone.

Reproduced.  That is interesting.  While I debug that, you can download the previous version to get it back on the app launcher.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for writing the localization helper. It really makes my life easier as I don't have to look for work around when testing my mod translations and I can test the grammar parser inside the game.

EDIT: Hm... I have trouble getting it to work.

WmGTZZU.jpg

Here is what I did:

• Install Action Group Manager (current public release)
  • Install Localizer Helper
  • edit language.cfg to contain "de-de"
  • edited settings.cfg to contain "LANGUAGE = de-de"
  • installed "de-de.cfg" (from my own HD) into \GameData\AquilaEnterprises\ActionGroupManager\Localization\
  • launched KSP_x64.exe

Result: Action Group Manager remains in it's original English version

Expected Result: AGM is now translated into German

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT2: Strangely enough, the language seems to be set as evidenced by this single translation. It just ignores the mod localization completely.

prSJjq8.png

Edited by Three_Pounds

@Three_Pounds Localization in the current release version of AGM is bugged.  I'm probably going to put out a new version for 1.3 soon after all because it looks like 1.3.1 will have two new action groups and that means the enumeration is going to change and it won't be backward compatible after I adapt to use 1.3.1.

Edited by Alshain

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Alshain Ihave build a mm.cfg that gives kerbals a little amount of EC

and now i stuck in the consumption part,and though,who can i ask better then u maybe u can help?

Spoiler
Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[KerbalEVA]

RESOURCE
	{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 10
		maxAmount = 12
	}
}

but the consume cfg will not work:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[kerbalEVAfemale]]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[kerbalEVA]    
	{
		%name = ModuleResourceConverter
		%isAlwaysActive = true

INPUT_RESOURCE
		 {
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 0.20625
		 }
    }
}

any tips ,hints ,or de-illusional words would be great

or is it possible to add EC consumption to EVA(Helmet)light, tru your mod  mm.cfg?

good time ,greetings BK

and thanks for all your work u have done,has helped me often

sry m engl

• 3 months later...

Electric Lights
It "works" in KSP 1.4.5 although the EC usage is jumping all over the place. It's like the drain is being switched on and off rapidly. I'd be surprised if this was always the behavior...

Bulb
Also works, and with no issues I could see

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2018 at 11:18 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Electric Lights
It "works" in KSP 1.4.5 although the EC usage is jumping all over the place. It's like the drain is being switched on and off rapidly. I'd be surprised if this was always the behavior...

Bulb
Also works, and with no issues I could see

Bummer, 1.5.1 has broken both of these mods. If anyone can swoop in with a recompile, that would be awesome

3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Bummer, 1.5.1 has broken both of these mods. If anyone can swoop in with a recompile, that would be awesome

1.5.1 has also impaired the Advanced Tweakables Button slightly. As far as I can tell, the mod works just fine, but the button to access it on the toolbar is blacked out/broken. I too second that a recompile would be awesome. This modlet in particular really helps clean up the Part Action Window.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...

can anyone make an unofficial correct compile for this mod on 1.6.1? i'm gonna add some parts to my stational cunstructs mod that was depending on this mod for a loooong time if it's impossible, is there any other uptodate mod that lets us add color choosing light modules to the parts? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I love ElectricLights so much that I took the liberty to update it for myself in the first place to KSP 1.7.3.

But while doing so, I noticed some problems. Like this one:

On 8/9/2018 at 5:18 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Electric Lights

...and I found myself refactoring the entire code to fix the issue.

So, since this is not 'just a simple recompile' I made a fork and a repository on Github.

I don't know if I'll find time to maintain this, so this is why I post in the original topic instead of creating a new topic.

Also, I don't know how stable it is. It was stable enough for me in my tests, and for my use-case. (Let me know if you find any problem: you can report them on the github issues page).

@Alshain: If you want me to remove this post/repo/download, please feel free to ask! Also, if you want to merge my changes into your repo, please do! I can submit you a PR if you want!

So, anyway, here's the downloads for anyone who want to test it.

Edit:

I can't help myself: I did the same with Bulb. Issues here. And downloads here.

Also, minor fixes for ElectricLights.

Edited by dueb

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 7:45 PM, dueb said:

So, I love ElectricLights so much that I took the liberty to update it for myself in the first place to KSP 1.7.3.

But while doing so, I noticed some problems. Like this one:

...and I found myself refactoring the entire code to fix the issue.

So, since this is not 'just a simple recompile' I made a fork and a repository on Github.

I don't know if I'll find time to maintain this, so this is why I post in the original topic instead of creating a new topic.

Also, I don't know how stable it is. It was stable enough for me in my tests, and for my use-case. (Let me know if you find any problem: you can report them on the github issues page).

@Alshain: If you want me to remove this post/repo/download, please feel free to ask! Also, if you want to merge my changes into your repo, please do! I can submit you a PR if you want!

So, anyway, here's the downloads for anyone who want to test it.

Edit:

I can't help myself: I did the same with Bulb. Issues here. And downloads here.

Also, minor fixes for ElectricLights.

Sigh, go on and recompile for 1.8.1 :p looks like you should start maintaining this :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.