Kerbal Space Program update 1.2 “Loud and Clear” is now available!

SQUAD

@mibo22 There have been posts about consoles. This is the PC release. The console ports are handled primarily by Flying Tiger, and trail behind the PC release. Additionally, even though Squad works with Flying Tiger to get these ports made, Sony and Microsoft both have certification approval processes that add additional time. Those certification delays are 100% Sony and Microsoft's fault, and neither Squad nor Flying tiger have any control over it.

When PS4 or Xbox One ports are completed, they will post a notice for those, and then people will have to wait for Sony and Microsoft to approve them.

I understand the process.  And I wasn't blaming anyone.  Just commenting on the fact that devnotes tuesdays have mentioned the port updates in the past, but lately seems like not a lot of news.  I was just asking if they were still working on it or if they're giving up on it because of issues with Sony (I know how crappy Sony can be to work with).  That is all.  Thank you for the response.

More observations:

• Cabin lights work even craft is out of power. Let's hope this is The glitch forthis version :-)
  • SAS rocks… literally. Its so good at keeping course its actively fighting hand corrections.
  • Rendezvous are fun again.
2 hours ago, eddiew said:

Well the Strategia mod goes half way towards that - you can nominate a target of interest and receive big bonuses for going there... but it doesn't really enforce contract generation to just be around that body.

Too easy. Randomness of contracts is what brings challenge to career play, also replayability.

1 hour ago, Winderfo said:

Should it update automatically? Because it's not doing it for me

As far as I know, Automatic updates are a Steam Only thing, the rest of us download and install manually.

(this makes it easier for me to have roughly a dozen KSP installs in my c:\games folder, even after deleting my extra testing 1.2-pre folders)

I just wanted to say how happy I am about ths update.

Yes, I've got a mod or two that are a bit twitchy (and you've trashed the Outer Planets Mod - hopfully that'll get fixed) but everything here is an improvement.

Looking forward to the mod creators catching up eventually.

I'm downloading it now. Looks like they've added some interesting new elements, and I might just have to celebrate by playing career again. Sorry if this question is annoyingly redundant, but is there a more complete changelog somewhere?

...nevermind, I found it :blush:

.... and wow, they did a lot!

Edited by herbal space program

2 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

Hmmm, looking at the frequency of Squad postings lately i think this subforum needs to be rebranded as "The Weekly Kerbal". :P

Pity, reading the Daily Kerbal had become a party of my daily routine for almost two years now. :(

Or for us console players, 

The fortnightly acknowledgment that Squad still owes us a working title 

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM, richfiles said:

Are wheels still "auto-strutted" to the vessel behind the scenes?
That broke my giant rover Gilly Vanilli by making it's super flexible docking port based suspension go rigid.
If your suspension remains rigid for more than 4 hours, contact your KSP developer, as unintended side effects may occur. :D

I think I read somewhere that the docking ports themselves are much more rigid.

You may have to resort to battery stacks instead, or magnetic levitation of docking ports without letting them actually touch.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.