PS4 Patch?

2 hours ago, Palaceviking said:

Unfortunately you have to put yourself in the business owners shoes, how much more money can be made from ksp? what will the cost of further fixes for consoles be? and will it be worth it?

Shame, my favourite pc game ever by far.

Surely they have to be in breach of consumer rights laws by selling this game?

1 hour ago, RW1984 said:

Surely they have to be in breach of consumer rights laws by selling this game?

Mass refunds are incredibly rare in these circumstances, I'm still surprised by the no man's sky steam refund.

No games that I know of are ever sold with any kind of bug free guarantee.:(

Unfortunately this is a very badly legislated sector except for copyright and censorship purposes,  very sad as I've seen some excellent missions and crafts posted on YouTube already by console gamers but broken saves will be the death of the console port.

55 minutes ago, Palaceviking said:

Mass refunds are incredibly rare in these circumstances, I'm still surprised by the no man's sky steam refund.

No games that I know of are ever sold with any kind of bug free guarantee.:(

Unfortunately this is a very badly legislated sector except for copyright and censorship purposes,  very sad as I've seen some excellent missions and crafts posted on YouTube already by console gamers but broken saves will be the death of the console port.

There has to be laws protecting people against a company KNOWINGLY selling a broken product.  Maybe a class action suit is what's needed.

On 10/25/2016 at 9:26 PM, Firemetal said:

I am getting tired of fighting by Squad's side. Squad is not a AAA company. They are indie with less than 15 devs. They can't fix the Console and update the PC, which is where most of the KSP players play, at the same time. These angry console players should just get the PC version and play on that until the console versions. Or you could go play another game for a while if you can't be bothered to spend another 40 dollars on one of the best games ever. Or... you could just continue playing on console until the next patch is release and deal with it. Squad is trying their hardest to fix the game and you console players raging at them isn't helping.

Or just send the game back and ask for a refund. Just stop screaming at the dev team. I am sure they are working on the update but with a bunch of their team leaving recently, it cannot be easy to do.

Fire

This is plain [snip]. I cannot be reimbursed because I believed devteam when I was told to wait for the patch. Now it is too late. You obviously do not know your subject abd should stop now. For all one can care you look like a troll.

Let me tell you this: I dont care the team size. They contributed to the rip-off. 

51 minutes ago, codeispoetry said:

This is plain [snip]. I cannot be reimbursed because I believed devteam when I was told to wait for the patch. Now it is too late. You obviously do not know your subject abd should stop now. For all one can care you look like a troll.

Let me tell you this: I dont care the team size. They contributed to the rip-off. 

Well. I was really hoping I could stop arguing over the console version. 

I am going to try not to be rude as you were in that post. I am also going to say this only once and then I am not going to say anymore about this topic.

Ksp is a great game. I feel sad that people come and buy it for console in the mess that that is in. I am also sure that the small number of devs left our working on a patch but I think they should at least give a refund to you console players whose criticism is hopefully being constructive.

I don't blame you for being mad. You being new to this game don't see what it can be because you got it on a platform which version was poorly made.

I also suggest if you are going to stay on this forum, please look at the guidelines. 

Now please leave me alone. I am not a moderator and I would like to stop arguing. Thanks.

Fire

On 10/30/2016 at 0:25 AM, Firemetal said:

Well. I was really hoping I could stop arguing over the console version. 

I am going to try not to be rude as you were in that post. I am also going to say this only once and then I am not going to say anymore about this topic.

Ksp is a great game. I feel sad that people come and buy it for console in the mess that that is in. I am also sure that the small number of devs left our working on a patch but I think they should at least give a refund to you console players whose criticism is hopefully being constructive.

I don't blame you for being mad. You being new to this game don't see what it can be because you got it on a platform which version was poorly made.

I also suggest if you are going to stay on this forum, please look at the guidelines. 

Now please leave me alone. I am not a moderator and I would like to stop arguing. Thanks.

Fire

I respect your opinion and position, but if you truly want to be done with this conversation you can simply stop participating.  You have made some statements and claims that some people find it difficult with which to agree, so you can hardly be surprised that people will interested in voicing their own opinions.

For instance, you suggest that console owners should simply go out and buy the PC version to play the game while the console versions are being fixed.  After having spent $40 to buy a broken game, from a company that isn't offering refunds, why would I go out and give another $40 to the same company to get something that actually works?  I bought the console version simply because I prefer playing on the console over playing on my PC.

The crux of this issue, however, is the lack of updates on progress for a fix.  You claim that you are sure they are working on it, but what evidence do you have that demonstrates this?  All Squad is telling us is that they are working on it, there is no mention whatsoever of specifics.  If my boss told me that one of my projects was broken and unusable and that I needed to fix it, how long would I be able to get away with saying "don't worry, I'm working on it" before he would start asking for more details?  A week?  Maybe two?  If I kept it up for nearly four months, I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't fly.  Why, then, should Squad be able to get away with it?  If your response is that the responsibility really lies with FTE, then I must disagree.  FTE has clearly shown themselves to be unequal to the challenge of porting this game.  Squad, however, has done nothing to rectify the situation.

Every day I log onto my PS4, the first thing I check is to see if the KSP patch is live. The growing disappointment is being replaced by anger over the lack of any communication from both Squad and Flying Tiger. I wish there was more we could do as a community to put some pressure on these devs to listen to their paying customers. We don't deserve to be left in the dark. We love and support this game but it is time for answers.

Edited by cujo8400
Spelling

Spoiler

Wait a minute. Something is not right here. 

I called the company, had email exchange, came to the very website forum, that mean here, try to get answer. I have been censored and basically being said not to pollute my argument over the candyland. This is very much absurd. What would it take to be heard? 

And I must say that when a so

called moderator is making attitude and not being neutral it is hard not to think that those moderator are not part of the overall < kraken-ish > of the situation. I legetimatly did what I could to be heard and so far, this is like a flatline. I am not generalizing here. I am sure most moderator and members are very nice people. And for those who get our message in a personal way while you are just a fan: this has nothing to you and there is no reason you should feel like a human shield. You are on the very same forum that just happen to be the website of the company we purchased a broken product from. Don't take it personal folks. Don't you think we tried different way to be heard? At least there is a chance the message will get indexed by search engine.

Edited by codeispoetry

You were censored for profane language and insulting a fellow forum member, not because of your ideas. And we moderators discuss matters with each other as we work, so our decisions are collective. No one is going rogue and singling you out. 

On 10/31/2016 at 8:44 PM, Jumba83 said:

I respect your opinion and position, but if you truly want to be done with this conversation you can simply stop participating.  You have made some statements and claims that some people find it difficult with which to agree, so you can hardly be surprised that people will interested in voicing their own opinions.

For instance, you suggest that console owners should simply go out and buy the PC version to play the game while the console versions are being fixed.  After having spent $40 to buy a broken game, from a company that isn't offering refunds, why would I go out and give another $40 to the same company to get something that actually works?  I bought the console version simply because I prefer playing on the console over playing on my PC.

The crux of this issue, however, is the lack of updates on progress for a fix.  You claim that you are sure they are working on it, but what evidence do you have that demonstrates this?  All Squad is telling us is that they are working on it, there is no mention whatsoever of specifics.  If my boss told me that one of my projects was broken and unusable and that I needed to fix it, how long would I be able to get away with saying "don't worry, I'm working on it" before he would start asking for more details?  A week?  Maybe two?  If I kept it up for nearly four months, I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't fly.  Why, then, should Squad be able to get away with it?  If your response is that the responsibility really lies with FTE, then I must disagree.  FTE has clearly shown themselves to be unequal to the challenge of porting this game.  Squad, however, has done nothing to rectify the situation.

you may not be pursuing the right parties for a refund....I got tired of playing a broken game and waiting endlessly for an update and after a game breaking glitch x 2 tonight, I had enough so I asked for a refund from microsoft stating the game has been broken for 5 months with only 1 useless update and they are well aware of the issues and I had a refund in 10 minutes.  It literally took me longer to sign up and post on here than it did to get the refund

17 hours ago, Mihaeagle3 said:

you may not be pursuing the right parties for a refund....I got tired of playing a broken game and waiting endlessly for an update and after a game breaking glitch x 2 tonight, I had enough so I asked for a refund from microsoft stating the game has been broken for 5 months with only 1 useless update and they are well aware of the issues and I had a refund in 10 minutes.  It literally took me longer to sign up and post on here than it did to get the refund

I never said that I was actively pursuing a refund.  I was stating that they are not offering one as they should.  In addition, seeing that I bought the game on the Playstation Network, I doubt that Microsoft would be terribly sympathetic towards my plea for a refund.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2016 at 8:42 PM, Jumba83 said:

I never said that I was actively pursuing a refund.  I was stating that they are not offering one as they should.  In addition, seeing that I bought the game on the Playstation Network, I doubt that Microsoft would be terribly sympathetic towards my plea for a refund.

words r hrd and I cant red good

but yeah I see what you mean now that I reread your post.  you're spot on, they should be offering refunds.  this game is broken and the lack of clear communication has really not made things any better.  Im sure microsoft would love to hear your case ;P

5 hours ago, Mihaeagle3 said:

words r hrd and I cant red good

but yeah I see what you mean now that I reread your post.  you're spot on, they should be offering refunds.  this game is broken and the lack of clear communication has really not made things any better.  Im sure microsoft would love to hear your case ;P

I have asked Microsoft for a refund three times now with no success. Not sure what you told them, but I have told them about the game breaking issues and they seem very indifferent to the situation. I have also never asked for a refund for a video game, but that didn't seem to matter to them. 

The Microsoft support wasn't even aware that there was an issue with the game. I asked them if there was a record of people reporting the game breaking bugs, and they said no. That is clearly not true, because I have asked them for a refund because of this game breaking save issue for months now. When they told me I couldn't get a refund, I asked them to contact the developer and press them about fixing the issue, which I assume they never did. 

Sony hasn't done anything about the broken KSP either. Nobody seems to care anymore, especially the people who already made money on this shady transaction. They don't want to do the right, honest thing and issue refunds, because that would mean making less money. I would be surprised if this game ever gets "finished" on console. 

I saw it as they had 2 options:

1. Fix the game

2. Issue refunds

But Squad and Flying Tiger came up with a third option: 

Don't fix the game or issue refunds. 

After 5 months, they have had plenty of time to do the "right" thing. If they were going to fix the game or issue refunds, they would have done it by now. To be honest, whatever they do short of issuing refunds wouldn't be enough for me. I have no interest in playing this game on console any more. I deleted KSP off my hard drive a couple weeks ago. What a disappointment this game turned out to be. I was looking forward to this game for over a year, and it turned out to be the worst game I have played in a long time. Good job Squad. 

22 hours ago, chimpbone said:

I have asked Microsoft for a refund three times now with no success. Not sure what you told them, but I have told them about the game breaking issues and they seem very indifferent to the situation. I have also never asked for a refund for a video game, but that didn't seem to matter to them. 

The Microsoft support wasn't even aware that there was an issue with the game. I asked them if there was a record of people reporting the game breaking bugs, and they said no. That is clearly not true, because I have asked them for a refund because of this game breaking save issue for months now. When they told me I couldn't get a refund, I asked them to contact the developer and press them about fixing the issue, which I assume they never did. 

Sony hasn't done anything about the broken KSP either. Nobody seems to care anymore, especially the people who already made money on this shady transaction. They don't want to do the right, honest thing and issue refunds, because that would mean making less money. I would be surprised if this game ever gets "finished" on console. 

I saw it as they had 2 options:

1. Fix the game

2. Issue refunds

But Squad and Flying Tiger came up with a third option: 

Don't fix the game or issue refunds. 

After 5 months, they have had plenty of time to do the "right" thing. If they were going to fix the game or issue refunds, they would have done it by now. To be honest, whatever they do short of issuing refunds wouldn't be enough for me. I have no interest in playing this game on console any more. I deleted KSP off my hard drive a couple weeks ago. What a disappointment this game turned out to be. I was looking forward to this game for over a year, and it turned out to be the worst game I have played in a long time. Good job Squad. 

I really don't know how I got so lucky.  It seems to be a common consensus that microsoft isn't giving out refunds but it worked for me first try.  maybe it was my rather extremely displeased tone, but the main question I was asked was "is the developer well aware of these issues" and I said yes and went on a tangent and said microsoft should not allow this to be sold on the store because it is a broken game without any effort from devs.  I may have used more colorful language but I sure as hell let them know how displeased I was and pitied the fact microsoft actually let this be certified.  few minutes later I had the refund in my account.

I really do wish I could help others get their refunds but I don't know what else to do :(

Edited by Mihaeagle3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.