Monopropellent Thruster has bigger model now?!

26 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

you need to press a different button to make them fire.

I am not sure?

The way it always worked for me was, I place thrusters where I see fit and the game decides which one to fire when I want to rotate/translate.

6 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

I am not sure?

The way it always worked for me was, I place thrusters where I see fit and the game decides which one to fire when I want to rotate/translate.

The monopropellant thruster is a thruster like all the rocket engines and is throttled like them even though it uses monopropellant, so one uses the throttle keys to control it, not the translate keys.

13 minutes ago, softweir said:

The monopropellant thruster is a thruster like all the rocket engines and is throttled like them even though it uses monopropellant, so one uses the throttle keys to control it, not the translate keys.

Ah, that thing! Yeah, OK, i see. :)

4 hours ago, Jestersage said:

Damnit. I would have prefer it on the small tiny size. Used to be able to hide it within the Mk2 Probe core itself (and use it to make a solid-propellent based Mercury capsule copy)

That's a great argument for why the change is a good thing.

The simple fact is the thing had terribly unrealisitc thrust for it's size.  Actually most of the engines bells are that way.  Vacuum engines have huge bells.

Edited by Alshain

15 hours ago, Jestersage said:

Damnit. I would have prefer it on the small tiny size. Used to be able to hide it within the Mk2 Probe core itself (and use it to make a solid-propellent based Mercury capsule copy)

You can grab the old part from the old version and make it a mod part.  Squad has never objected in the past to people reusing discarded art assets for KSP mods.

I'm probably going to do it myself...  I like the idea of small Mercury-style retros, and the seperatrons are ridonculously big.

Edited by RoboRay

15 hours ago, Jestersage said:

Ok, I repackaged the KSP 1.1 O-10 engine as a new O-2 engine (yes, it's a binary joke) :) -https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14176520/Robodyne O-2 v0.3.zip

I did reduce the mass, thrust and cost to differentiate it from the O-10 stats, due to its smaller size.  I also adjusted the Isp a tiny bit, again for differentiation.  It comes one level earlier in the Tech Tree, as well.  If you disagree with any of the stat changes, let me know.  Or just change it yourself.  :)

I also added in the 1.2 sounds from the new O-10.  I did not include the vectoring capability found on the new O-10.

I think Sharpy's idea for configuring the RCS port as a throttleable engine is better for a stock solution (It's a shame KER doesn't report delta V for RCS thrusters, though MJ does), but here is the old model if you want it.

Edited by RoboRay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.