Kerbal Kolonization

Kerbal Kolonization – This will be an RP playthrough of KSP where I will serve as your narrator.  There will be specific launch windows that you will need to meet, so you will need to advance your program at a fairly rapid pace and be as efficient as possible.  I.e. you won’t be able to just run one mission at a time and do things in series.  I will give at least 3 months game time to announce launch windows to allow you to prepare.   Do not upgrade Buildings at KSC until the President of Kerbin Nation allows it, he currently hates all aspirations to go to space and doesn’t want to waste money on these petty investments . . . but that is about to change.

Required Mods – Only Required right now is MKS/OKS, any convenience mods are acceptable, any other mods are acceptable but try and keep part mods to stock realism.  I have an idea for another required mod, but it can be implemented later, I don’t want to announce it yet as it will give away part of my storyline.

Settings: Hard Mode Career for Space/Air Flights.  Some portions of the roleplay will be done in Sandbox mode, however, these are for cosmetic builds only and will be used for screenshots only.  They will have no impact on the overall science/research and exploration aspects of your space program.

Day 1 – Hour 0:  SANDBOX MODE BUILD

Kiuseppe Kerbiazzi discovers a large asteroid bound for impact on Kerbin while looking out with his homemade telescope.

Your Task: In SANDBOX MODE – build your telescope and park it somewhere on Kerbin’s surface.  Post your screenshot and link in this forum.  The bigger the better.  Park it in a unique location for a greater challenge.  Once I compile the screenshots I will build a straw poll to vote for the best.  Impress me!

Don’t start your career mode yet, this is meant to be Hard Hard Mode so there will be some specific requirement to reach certain milestones to make it a bit more challenging.

Edited by gsamelon

OK, so here is my go at it:

Kiuseppe Kerbiazzi, a avid conspiracy theorist, has built his homemade telescope from random scrap from the now defunct KSP.  He looks now anxiously into the skies trying to discover if anything exists in the great Kerbol beyond.  This monolith is his proof to the world that we are not alone . . . now to find real proof in the stars.gjDdHwI.png

Edited by gsamelon

4 hours ago, gsamelon said:

Ok, nobody is intersted.  Moving this thread to Mission Report for a solo RPG - please follow and comment, I would love to incorporate any ideas you have.

nononono. this is a relatively slow moving forum. 12 hours is not enough to see the actual response. you need to wait up to 3 days at least,

I will try, but I have a very very very very modded game. Is that okay?

Also, you may want to be very careful about using the term "RP". True RP is technically against the forum rules, but this actually isn't RP. You'd be safer calling it a story-based challenge or something similar.

One other question pertaining to the challenge: May I enable quicksaving, quickloading, and reverting for the purposes of anti-kraken?

Edited by RocketSquid

Kiuseppe is a former sea captain, and always felt drawn to the open waters. Repurposing a large diesel tank from a scrapped freight ship, he constructed an aquatic telescope to see if the stars were indeed as compelling as the ocean. Many scientists warned Kiuseppe that a telescope would not be still enough to see anything, floating upon the water, but the determined kerbal carried on regardless. 

FcpwjrW.jpg

Here it is:

Kuiseppe used to own a military airstrip, and owned some aircraft. However, the need for military aircraft shrank, so the airstrip was shut down, and the 2 remaining planes -a bomber and a fighter- were moved to a private hangar. He was getting bored and wanted to bring new life to the old, decaying aircraft, so he took apart his fighter and stripped down his bomber, and, using parts from the aircraft, made a telescope. He used the bomb bay as a place to store it.

arLjjeo.jpg

Kuiseppe: "what is better than a normal handmade telescope? Its a giant telescope!"

Today he present the MLT (Mobile Large Telescope), cause it´s to heavy to turn around, the whole vehicle has to turn.

To get rid of the clouds and other atmospheric issues, he told his engineers to park it on a small plateau at mount oopstoshort.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26253515/KSP/screenshot5.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.