So I've finally returned to the game after a few months hiatus, blazed through career and updated to 1.2. In Celebration of this I built a neat little Minmus base that serves to purpose but to look cool. I send over the core unit, a mobile scientific rover, a expansion craft to dock it with 2 modular solar arrays, a rover to ferry around said arrays, and a bigger rover to ferry around the bigger parts. After that I decided to dock up the rover and start piloting the abandoned fuselages I used to land out of the 2.4k range, least to save performance. After moving 2 I switch to the one closest to the base and lo and behold the physics take over and rip my base apart. No matter if I turn out cheats the base still freaks out and does a little kraken dance, ripping out the solar arrays, the rovers, and the general structure of the base falls apart. I'm not sure what's causing it but the running theory is that it has something to do with my compact little rover, maybe the fact that it's made out of mostly small panels and ant fuel boxes is making the rover lose it's mind, upon watching the base rip itself apart it seems that my rover's panels meld together and the game has no idea as to what it Should look like, or something I don't know. I would love an answer to this problem as I have spent the last 12 hours meticulously making sure that every single component of this base fits, both rovers are able to move stuff around, and making sure that I still have room to expand this base after this expansion is done. So please let me know, I'm basically open to all interpretations and hints as to a solution to this problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.