Power demand for ComNet antennas?

Cairol

Where can I look up the power demand of all antennas with the new ComNet feature?

There is a power demand stat in the context menu of each antenna.
But this seems to be the demand for transmitting science. (At least I hope so...it's pretty high)
But I search for the power demand for normal remote control communication withing the ComNet I create
with my satellites.

This should be a separate stat that's applied whenever an antenna is deployed/active, but without transmitting science.
I need this to plan my battery capacity for the different satellites.

Edited by Cairol

To the best of my knowledge, antennas do not require any power just for being deployed. Only when transmitting science. Also, only the active vessel needs power, the relays don't.

So go ahead and cover the entire vessel in transmitters, that won't be a problem. (At least power-wise it won't. Maybe the vessel will shake itself apart, but that's another thing.)

Yeah, I'm coming from RT. That's why I'm asking. ^^ Thanks.

I guess I will stick with RT then. I'm more used to this than the new ComNet "lite" version of the stock KSP.

Edited by Cairol

firstble sry for my english boyz

this is the first time i post in this forum, so i dont want to create a new thread as this one seems to be a good place to ask my questions

i appreciate this kerbnet acces, but i dont understand how to make my probes controlable once they are far away from kerbin, in my new carrier mode i combined several interplanetery missions into one ( send 2 probes into their orbits around duna and fly by duna get science then back to kerbin ), i put 2 relays on my probes around duna but only antennas on the probe suposed to back kerbin, everythink was fine up to the moment i quit the duna influence, and enter into the sun orbit, since there my probe began incontrolable

i was thinking the basic scheme of communiaction was some kind of this : kerbin => relay => probe, seems i was wrong ! (?)

am i have to get a relay on each satelite i put on the interplanetery flights to keep control of them ?

i check out of the scott manley commnet acces preview but i didin't understod a single word about the signal range for relays and transmitters can someone put any link of where could i find this explain ? or put the calc formula on this tread ?

Look on the wiki entry for CommNet. There is a link to a google sheet that calculates signal strength between two points. Keep in mind that just because you have the top level tracking station and powerful DNS, doesn't mean two satellites will talk to each other. No matter what, you need access to powerful antennas to communicate long range.

58 minutes ago, cephalo said:

Look on the wiki entry for CommNet. There is a link to a google sheet that calculates signal strength between two points. Keep in mind that just because you have the top level tracking station and powerful DNS, doesn't mean two satellites will talk to each other. No matter what, you need access to powerful antennas to communicate long range.

havn't seen this updated post on wiki thx :) ( last i was watching for, didin't seen this "new" complete post )

so indeed i have only 316Mm signal range from my probe (4x500k antennas + 50g dsn ), but i was thinking as i have enought strenght on my relays they could to "interact" with my probe, finaly it seems i have to get signal from my probe to the relays / ksc right ? ( sry but i'm pretty confused with all this stuff )

So there's no stock antenna that's as powerful as the level 3 DNS ones, so you probably don't need relays around Kerbin. If you could get a satellite in the Duna system with a powerful antenna, you might get away with a less powerful antenna on your craft.

However, I'm still early in my career game, and I heard that most of the probe cores will only control from a direct link and not a hopped link. I'm not sure of that though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.