Shenzou 11

Ultimate Steve

Livestream

A Chinese Long March 2F rocket will launch the Shenzhou 11 spacecraft, a crewed mission to dock with the orbiting Tiangong 2 laboratory module. The flight is China’s sixth human space mission.

-SpaceFlightNow

China's Shenzou 11 spacecraft will launch 2 takinauts to the Tiangong 2 space station later this evening. (At least it is evening in Iowa)

It should launch in about two hours, or 2330 GMT, 7:30 EST, and 6:30 where I live.

EDIT: The livestream just said seventeen minutes, which is about an hour earlier than I thought it would launch. About 5:35 my time, 2230 GMT, or 6:35 EST.

It should launch at around 2330 GMT, 7:30 EST, and 6:30 where I live.

17 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Okay, I don't know if I heard it right, but the livestream just said launch was in 15 minutes...

Edit: Nevermind. He said "seventy minutes" not 17 minutes. My bad!

yeah this is some of the worst launch coverage ive seen, they don't seem to know at all what they are talking about and barely speak English, it looks like they are reading technical details from a script

16 minutes ago, insert_name said:

yeah this is some of the worst launch coverage ive seen, they don't seem to know at all what they are talking about and barely speak English, it looks like they are reading technical details from a script

Well, to be fair, this is China, which doesn't do public launch livestreams that often. So, I guess it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Huh. The 70-17 minute thing sort of reminds me of this.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

Was watching this at work but couldn't post so I just lurked in here for people's reactions at the time. What a great launch! I got a little hyped for some reason when they saluted in the final seconds of countdown.

Hoping for an easy rendezvous with the space lab and a productive month aboard.

The CCTV-1 broadcasted the docking process live in the early morning. The ship has docked with the station successfully, the hatch has been open & the two crews have entered the station. Base on the news, they would start to transport science instruments and supplies into the station later. The mission would last about a month. During the mission, tons of science experiments would be done, and they planed to release 2 probes from the ship to monitoring the combined flight structure from outside. Congratulations for the docking and good luck.

https://view.inews.qq.com/a/NEW201610190023290C

On 17/10/2016 at 10:32 AM, RedKraken said:

That Long March 2 lifter is sooo slow off the pad, compared to the soyuz, falcs and atlas.

TWR must be 1.25 or less. 464t on 592t thrust at s.l. NTO/UDMH

TWR on the pad is 1.43, so not that much less than a Soyuz. (464t with 6512kN thrust).

Edit, I was looking at the vacuum thrust. sea level thrust is 5852kN

Edited by Reactordrone

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.