Keyboard no longer responds when going EVA

Enjoying 1.2 so far, seem to have found a bug. When I attempt to go EVA, my kerbal appears outside the craft, but then my keyboard is no responsive in game. Still works in windows/other programs, just freezes and does not respond in game. Have to restart the game to get it working again.

Mods

------------------

mechjeb, kw rocketry, EVE

• 1 month later...

First of all, MechJeb is not officialy compatible with 1.2 and later. The 1.2-compatible version is actually a nightly and experimental build.
I've downloaded MechJeb's source code and looked for keyboard related codelines. Found this:

MechJeb2\MechJebModuleTranslatron.cs, line 98:

if (GUILayout.Button("EXECUTE", sty, GUILayout.ExpandWidth(true)) || change)
{
core.thrust.trans_spd_act = (float)trans_spd.val;
GUIUtility.keyboardControl = 0; // <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  Here
}

GUIUtility.keyboardControl gets/sets the controlID of the control that has keyboard focus. In this code snippet, seems like MechJeb assigns control focus for the controlID 0. IDK exactly, but in most of situation, the handle zero is actually a NULL handle (i.e., no handle). 

In other words, seems like there's a keyboard disabling on MechJeb at some situation. I can't really confirm this, as IDK the API behavior. 

Having the same issue, but it only seems to happen after I EVA for a second time during one mission.

Running KW, MechJeb (aforementioned nightly build), EVE, and a plethora of other mods. I'll check to see if I can reproduce the bug on a ship without a MJ module.

I am also having this keyboard issue when going EVA, seem to have started in the last week or so. - but some keys are still responding (like remove helmet, using tools, etc) - I just can't use space, B, movement keys, or even the use of the ESC key.

Some of the the toolbar buttons respond to mouse clicks, and if I have something open, like science now, it allows me to click and collect - so KSP is not crashing as far as I can see.

It doesn't do it all the time, but enough to be a bit aggravating.    The only way out is to ctrl-alt-del and task manage it away, hoping my last F5 save was close to where I went EVA.

I have lots of mods, but only a few have updated in the last week or so, Mechjeb being one of them.  There is nothing in the output log that points to anything in particular.

As a test - I am going to disable mechjeb before doing an EVA - to see if that fixes the issue.  If not - more troubleshooting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.