Where have you been?

MrWalrus123

Where have you been?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What planets/moon have you been to (or at least enter the sphere of influence)

• Moho
    • Eve
    • Gilly
    • Kerbin
    • Mun
    • Minmus
    • Duna
    • Ike
    • Dres
    • Jool
    • Laythe
    • Vall
    • Tylo
    • Bop
    • Pol
    • Eeloo

Been all around Kerbin & landed on the Mun & Minmus several times, with probes & manned landers.

Trying to work up the nerve now to head out to Duna. I need to go ahead & set up a relay sat there in high polar orbit soon, with plans to send an unmanned probe & probably a rover after that.

I accidentally forgot when I was voting I have also been to Ike.

Manned:
kerbin, mun, minimus
Gilley landed eve orbit

Unmanned: above +
Duna/Ike

Though to be fair the duna probe was just an end of life plan for the probe which was sent to duna to collect on set orbit and land on I contracts. It was simply a mater of attaching a small engine to control for landing and a drogue chute to the probe core. I think it still crash landed. I tried to roll it over to take a temp reading in a different biome but it was just too difficult to maneuver it. I should have put a rover lander together.

But that was before I started my modded run with LS and remotetech.

I send a ships to Jool and to Eeloo... but a new version came before to reach the planet... I suppose that I get bored... One time a ship reach Jool and I land in Laythe.

I think that in the game that I started just now I will go to all the planets... and probably to make planetary, and orbital bases. 

Until now I only made colonization on Minmus, Mün, Eve, Gilly, Duna and Ike. 

I play with Life Support, and only the bases on Minmus, Mün, Eve and Gilly reach the complete independence of Kerbin.   

Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike.

That's it.  I don't have a lot of time, and when I DO get time, there's a new version out, and I have to start over again (usually not until I get all the mods I like to use up and running - still haven't started 1.2 yet).  Not complaining, though.  Gives me the time to work out new designs based on what worked and what didn't in the previous version.  Forex, I've been to Duna twice - once in 1.0.5, and once in 1.1.3.  My 1.0.5 Duna landing needed infinite fuel to get back into orbit.  Once there, I turned it off, but still...  The 1.1.3 mission went better, since I knew what NOT to do, and I had an improved lander design.  Made the entire round trip with no unexpected incidents.

I've only sent an orbiting probe to Ike (in 1.1.3), but I overengineered the thing to the point that it started as a Mun orbiter, mapped it (ScanSat), moved on to Minmus and mapped it, then sent it on to Duna which got mapped, then on to Ike.  All that without needing to tank up, and I hadn't unlocked ions (or nukes, for that matter) at the time it launched.

Maybe once all the mods I use get updated to 1.2, I'll find the time to play again, but I doubt it for the next few months.  Busy season at work is starting up in the next couple weeks, and I'll be lucky to even spend time here much until late February/early March.  12-14 hour days 6-7 days a week.

I am confused by the poll results math - seems to have the wrong denominator.  Plus the people reporting visits to Dres are clearly lying.

Thus far I've made it (and landed) everywhere except Eelo.  I had a probe headed there in my career, but it took so *&*^% long to get there, 1.2 came out first and I started a new career.  Suppose the same thing will happen this time...

Landed and returned to orbit everywhere except for Tylo and Laythe in stock and did an Eve return before the new atmosphere. E: If you're interested in SOI as well then I've been everywhere; Tylo and Laythe are fantastic for slings to reduce braking delta-V.

In RSS I've done probes to the Moon, Venus, Mars, and Callisto.

Edited by regex

Never went further than Duna, mostly because everytime a new version is released, I start all over and stop playing my previous savegames (they still exist, though). Will try to at least orbit Eve this time.

Edited by lodger

2 hours ago, Aegolius13 said:

I am confused by the poll results math - seems to have the wrong denominator.  Plus the people reporting visits to Dres are clearly lying.

Thus far I've made it (and landed) everywhere except Eelo.  I had a probe headed there in my career, but it took so *&*^% long to get there, 1.2 came out first and I started a new career.  Suppose the same thing will happen this time...

Indeed, one would think that Kerbin should be 100%.... but its not.

Although some people clearly don't answer the poll correctly, as apparently more people have been to Minmus than to Kerbin.

I *suppose* its possible if someone got the game, and installed one of those mods that moves KSC to another location (Like Duna or Laythe), without ever starting the stock game once... but they'd also have to mod Minmus to be outside of the SOI of Kerbin... and then its not really minmus, its a modded world with a strong resemblance ot minmus

Wow I've not been around these parts for a while :D.

I've been to every soi at least once with probes.

Kerbaled flights

Mun

Minmus

Duna

Eve

Laythe

also the moons of above planets.

I'm really starting to get back into KSP after a really long break, all these new features are really nice good work guys.

8 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Indeed, one would think that Kerbin should be 100%.... but its not.

Although some people clearly don't answer the poll correctly, as apparently more people have been to Minmus than to Kerbin.

I *suppose* its possible if someone got the game, and installed one of those mods that moves KSC to another location (Like Duna or Laythe), without ever starting the stock game once... but they'd also have to mod Minmus to be outside of the SOI of Kerbin... and then its not really minmus, its a modded world with a strong resemblance ot minmus

As you say, it's really hard to believe that less than 10% of people have been to KSC.

I have long since lost track of where all I have been, I have been to most but not all places you can go. I wish I knew where but there is no way to know that. I started a new career in Pre1.2 that I hope to keep going this time. So, in time, I will get too all the places to visit not counting all of the little places to visit on every body in the solar system.

I visited every SOI and body 

Never did a manned return from Eve (never tried it seriously).

Moho's SOI is hard to get into, and harder to stay in (I hate that small SOI).:mad:

Ike is allways getting in my way when I go to Duna (I hate that big SOI).:mad:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.