Am I doing something wrong? Re: landing gear, rover wheels

Don't know if this is a bug or not.

Firstly, when I land on the mun, regardless of how gently I touch down, some or all of my landing gear explode!

This has happened several times.

Secondly, I've been trying to build medium sized mobile modules to expand my mun base but whenever I test them weird vibrations destroy my tires within seconds and on one occasion exploded the front wheel

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Broke dead dogg said:

Firstly, when I land on the mun, regardless of how gently I touch down, some or all of my landing gear explode!

Secondly, I've been trying to build medium sized mobile modules to expand my mun base but whenever I test them weird vibrations destroy my tires within seconds and on one occasion exploded the front wheel

Any thoughts?

Console is still using the broken wheels physics version... The wheels in 1.2 are better but still crazy weak.

2 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Console is still using the broken wheels physics version... The wheels in 1.2 are better but still crazy weak.

Uh I would disagree...

I built a 300 ton mk3 SSTO using only medium sized landing gear and it had no problems at all but maybe that was just pre-release? I don't know really, I will have to test it.

Fire

46 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Uh I would disagree...

I built a 300 ton mk3 SSTO using only medium sized landing gear and it had no problems at all but maybe that was just pre-release? I don't know really, I will have to test it.

Fire

I meant wheels really, I have not tested legs yet in 1.2, wheels can under certain circumstances break very easily. In fact I believe I have found a bug that has not been noticed before but I need to do more testing before I confirm it. 

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

I meant wheels really, I have not tested legs yet in 1.2, wheels can under certain circumstances break very easily. In fact I believe I have found a bug that has not been noticed before but I need to do more testing before I confirm it. 

Yes I built a MK3 spaceplane. The wheels worked like a dream! I don't know what you're talking about. Wheels are OP at the moment IMO.

Fire

23 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Yes I built a MK3 spaceplane. The wheels worked like a dream! I don't know what you're talking about. Wheels are OP at the moment IMO.

Fire

Well, as I said, I found a new bug in 1.2 that nobody has encountered before so I'm not surprised you don't know what I was talking about. ;-) and anyway, we are talking about the console version mate. Not 1.2. ;-)

Edited by Majorjim!

11 hours ago, Broke dead dogg said:

Any thoughts?

Are you on PS4 or Xbox?  On PS4 I can say the first landing legs you unlock don't hold up very well, although a minmus landing at 1-2 MPS should be obtainable without legs breaking every time.  My game glitches and crashes if I unlock rover wheels, so no experience there.

1 hour ago, Justin_Kerbal said:

Are you on PS4 or Xbox?  On PS4 I can say the first landing legs you unlock don't hold up very well, although a minmus landing at 1-2 MPS should be obtainable without legs breaking every time.  My game glitches and crashes if I unlock rover wheels, so no experience there.

I'm playing on Xbox in sandbox mode with the heavy duty landing struts and I was touching down on the mun at less than 1m/s, as for the wheels, I'm talking about the all terrain rover wheels that seem to explode just by placing them on the tarmac of the runway to test back at the space centre

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.