What moves you? (other than high velocity gas)

Leafbaron

Hmmm... lets see...

Most things Hans Zimmer

Jurassic Park theme - John Williams

Terra Nova main theme and Memorial Field*, and many parts of the soundtrack- Brian Tyler

Space Oddity - David Bowie (I usually listen to Chris Hadfield's rendition though)

Other stuff that I'm not thinking of right now

* Actually I can't seem to find this one on YouTube anymore :(. Guess I'll have to use my DVD set of the series and see if there's a way to just hear the soundtrack.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

I don't actually have a specific KSP playlist, I listen to whatever music I like at the time (which varies). Lately that has been a lot of Lindsey Stirling, Hayley Kiyoko, and Doomtree, but my favourites change from month to month.

That being said, I have found that music by Two Steps From Hell usually seems to go well with space exploration.

I actually tend to use the in game soundtrack most often. However, another option: a playlist I originally made for Euro Truck Simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_JCZ3a5yHpP2JYLpMWpHPpAktsObzEfR

That playlist originally had about 125 songs in it, but it has progressively shrunk as more stuff gets deleted off Youtube. Metallica and Souixsie and the Banshee's labels seem particularly aggressive.

I think I found the objectively correct answer: "Seeking Major Tom."  It's a full album of Shatner spoken word covers, mostly of space/scifi themed songs.  What more could you possibly want. 

20 hours ago, matik2002 said:

I just play music from game OSTs, cuz I am mostly bored with stock music.

I've added some stuff from the Mass Effect soundtracks to my rotation.  They're nice and "spacey," synth-heavy, kind of Blade Runner-esque.  

21 minutes ago, Aegolius13 said:

I think I found the objectively correct answer: "Seeking Major Tom."  It's a full album of Shatner spoken word covers, mostly of space/scifi themed songs.  What more could you possibly want. 

I've added some stuff from the Mass Effect soundtracks to my rotation.  They're nice and "spacey," synth-heavy, kind of Blade Runner-esque.  

Sci-Fi game OSTs always sound good in space.

Trains are nasty machines..killing hundreds of kerbals..death comes swiftly and violently with an inexperienced driver..

For the experienced battlescarred driver of a land train..the zone is life..distraction is the darkness that follows and speed ensures the empty vast expanses of kerbin remain only with a population of trees..living gravestones of those passengers and crew

Setting out is the happy fun part

Getting underway as KSC dispears on the horizon...a train is left to her own..

This kind of music reinforces the situation..creates the calm like xen thats needed for long journeys. 

And sadly "at rest" is more of the anthem of kerbal train program operations rather than just music

Its where most end up..honoured by class numbers..names and collections of trusses, wheels and cabs that once were trains

Horrible..

Its just I love it too :)

I'm a bit odd because I more or less never listen to any 'background' music.

I have the stock music on, but very low (and mainly because my speakers gronk out now and then, and needs a swift kick to work again, and I want to be sure that I hear more important sounds from the game).

Normally have news or docs running on my TV (either live or from my media server) while at my computer (20 seasons of Time Team + all the Specials is default when there's nothing else to watch :) ).

When I listen to music, I don't do anything else.

Usually it's my over-1,300-songs-and-counting music library on Spotify, which includes prog rock, hard rock, metal, blues, electronic, and a bunch of other genres I couldn't begin to mention. I do, however have 3 definite favorites: Rush, Van Halen, and Led Zeppelin.

Sometimes I'll throw on Robert Parker or a soundtrack (Interstellar, PowerslideRebel GalaxyFlight of the Navigator, etc).

• 1 month later...

I never get tired of stock music, except sometimes in the VAB aggravated that a design is failing so much(happens a lot:()

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

I find the normal soundtrack sufficient. Most of the music I like gets me super pumped therefore filling me with (over) confidence, hindering focus and judgement. The normal soundtrack also soothes anxiety JUST a bit and helps me focus. If it's a long (non space) flight then I usually pull up any music that I like to not get bored. Whenever I'm pulling high Gs in a anything aircraft I have fast, upbeat music, or rock. In general I like to listen to music that would fit in a Ytube video about the situation I am currently in in KSP.

3 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

In general I like to listen to music that would fit in a Ytube video about the situation I am currently in in KSP.

No offense, but I find that to be a very meaningless description, since what one person finds fitting is not the same thing another might find fitting.  It's akin to saying "I like music that I like."

(However, I agree that any person should listen to what they find fitting at the time.)

• 4 weeks later...

I usually just stick to the stock music, it just felt too bend with the game environment.

But some occasions, I listen to EVE Online OST or Interstellar Soundtrack.

It really captures the space atmosphere.

Edited by heihei4c
Add youtube link

Because staging is like pulling a slot machine lever. Did you leave chutes and engines on the same stage on your Duna return vehicle? Press space to find out!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.