I love to play KSP so when 1.2 was released, I thought "Yay this is awesome!" But when I went into the spaceplane hanger, I got tons of lag. I thought it might just be the game getting ready, but it was a nightmare. I don't honestly like KSP anymore because of this. If you know how to fix this please tell me. ;.;

Hmm, sounds like something has gone wrong.  I haven't downloaded 1.2 yet, but I haven't heard anything about lots of lag.  Does it happen after you restart the game?  In the VAB?  And what OS are you using?  Thanks!

EDIT: Are you using any mods?  If so, what ones?  Did you buy the game through steam, or the KSP store?

This might be your problem:

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

has same kind of issues, few seconds freez in flight or each time i clicked on somehing or even just changing the camera angle, i'm on windows7 64 bit, i started the game with the ksp 64 bit louncher it's working fine for the moment simply consumes some more ram... but i don't care about

Take out everything of your Gamedata folder EXCEPT SQUAD'S FOLDER. If the problem persists, try pressing Alt+F12 and check console.

If some text is red, or you are seeing some spam of the same message, create a new topic here uploading your output_log.txt found inside "..\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data" (if you are playing on 32-bit) or "..\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data" (if you are playing on 64-bit).

23 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Hmm, sounds like something has gone wrong.  I haven't downloaded 1.2 yet, but I haven't heard anything about lots of lag.  Does it happen after you restart the game?  In the VAB?  And what OS are you using?  Thanks!

EDIT: Are you using any mods?  If so, what ones?  Did you buy the game through steam, or the KSP store?

This might be your problem:

Nope just plain squad :/

3 hours ago, Crabman said:

Take out everything of your Gamedata folder EXCEPT SQUAD'S FOLDER. If the problem persists, try pressing Alt+F12 and check console.

If some text is red, or you are seeing some spam of the same message, create a new topic here uploading your output_log.txt found inside "..\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data" (if you are playing on 32-bit) or "..\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data" (if you are playing on 64-bit).

Thanks, Ill try it

I've got same problem, thought it was something wrong with my disk, and that why its lagging, but I've checked on my laptop's ssd (samsung 850evo) and the problem still remains.

My desktop is 4790k radeon 7850 2gb, 24GB ram, and laptop 4700MQ, GF GT755M, 16GB Ram

Changing graphics from full res to 1/4 doesn't change nothing...

I believe this started about 1300/1400 release on prerelease.

6 hours ago, czyznaszmnie said:

I've got same problem, thought it was something wrong with my disk, and that why its lagging, but I've checked on my laptop's ssd (samsung 850evo) and the problem still remains.

My desktop is 4790k radeon 7850 2gb, 24GB ram, and laptop 4700MQ, GF GT755M, 16GB Ram

Changing graphics from full res to 1/4 doesn't change nothing...

I believe this started about 1300/1400 release on prerelease.

Does turning off ground crew help?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.