Multiplanetary Species Series

Wiseman

We continue to build up the infrastructure we need for the final leg of this journey, the colonization of Duna. That means we need to acquire some karborundum, and advance some kerbals to level 5. What better way to do it than by also fulfilling some grand tour contracts?

In this episode, we finish off our grandest of tours around the system, visiting every body with the magic of the warp drive! That gets us set up with the crew we need to colonize Duna. I wouldn't forget parachutes on such an important mission, would I?

What do we need to get moving on Duna? Hundreds of tons of karborundum! Let's go get it! While we're working on that, we should nail down the exact locations for our bases on Duna.

The Duna Expedition continues! We finish up the last things we need to do on the surface of Duna for our flags-and-footprints mission, and climb aboard the Ascent vehicle. Hopefully I did my math right!

Today I jabber a lot about what all this shiny space magic technology means to me and to the series, while I scoop up a thousand tons of Karborundum from the sun. Then, I get nervous about time warping - hopefully all our colonists are okay?!

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode, I learn how the Med Bay works in MKS/USI-LS. Kind of slowly and painfully, I admit. I'm left with a conundrum - my kerbals are stuck as tourists, do I edit the save file or abandon them?! Is there a way to save them?

Thank you all for the feedback! I've documented my endeavor to fix up my save file, so hopefully that's useful to you. In this episode, we also start preparing our Duna expedition ship!

This is the slow part of mission design in KSP - building up the fleet that will be leaving during the next transfer window. I think we're finally there after this episode, though, as we start sending the next wave of colonization to Duna!

In this episode, we send the last of the hardware for the first wave of colonization to Duna. Also, we spend some time proving out technologies and getting practice for when the missions lands!

In this episode, I tinker with machinery until we get things working again, and burn candles on Duna! Could we have discovered liquid water?! (Yes, obviously. I probably should have made a bigger deal about that.)

We have just so much hardware in orbit around Duna. So, we need a reliable and easy to use skycrane to bring it down! We don't have one of those, but what we do have is the Candle Crane, which we put through its paces in this episode!

Carrying on from the previous episode, I continue to bash my head against what turns out to be an insolvable problem. But once I figure out how to get things set up, we are well on our way once again!

More Candle Crane nonsense! We're done with watching that after this episode though. Unless something interesting happens, of course! In this episode, we finally get our TCA-using ducks in a row!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 11:04 AM, cratercracker said:

@Wiseman

------------------

"Pollitical correctness offends me"

Guqwfz.png

150-200-250

------------------------

Here is a flag/patch for your future missions! I ma really enjoying those videos, especially the vessels.

Thanks so much, that's awesome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.