Wiseman

Multiplanetary Species Series

73 posts in this topic

I'm starting a new career mode playthrough in 1.2 on YouTube, with the goal of making Kerbals a multiplanetary species! I'll be using a handful of mods, including Roverdude's USI Constellation. I'm hoping to post a few of these a week, so please check back on my channel! 

6 people like this

Moving right along... to episode 04!

2 people like this

Suddenly, Episode 05, right on the heels of 04!

2 people like this

Impact! is fun and profitable! Smashing things into the Mun for science, on Episode 6!

2 people like this

Let's build a space station! Episode 07 is live!

2 people like this

What's a space station without a crew? Rendezvous and docking in Episode 08!

2 people like this

The core of the Kerbin Space Station is in orbit and crewed, but it's low on power. In this episode, we send up supplies to build a solar panel truss, and I just can't be bothered to read the instructions for the hab. Can we get that habitation module inflated?

2 people like this

The big 1-0! In this episode, I wing it and refuse to read the instructions (again), to disastrous results. Meanwhile, lots of science getting done on the KSS!

3 people like this

In which I decide I should probably plan these things out a little better! 

3 people like this

Let's make a great leap forward out of the mid-tier of science, by doing station experiments! 

2 people like this

Do all the contracts at once? Sure! What could go wrong?

2 people like this

In which I forget to read my contracts, and try to Claw something on the Munar surface!

2 people like this

Part three of the Munar Rescue Saga! I might be spending too much time on this, but I thought it was fun. Some of my favorite KSP moments are entirely silly crises of my own engineering that seem so dire in the moment.

2 people like this

Wrapping up loose ends, installing a new KSS module, and doing some science!

1 person likes this

We're back! In this episode, I get back to the core mission of this series - planning for the colonization of Duna. We get started with surveying and base planning!

1 person likes this

Let's commence the construction of our first real base! In this episode, we get started sending our convoy of construction craft to Minmus.

1 person likes this

So many launches! This is good practice for how we will set up the base on Duna.

1 person likes this

Go for landing! In this episode, we start doing some minty Minmus science, and start looking for a good spot to build our base.

1 person likes this

In which I ramble about getting things into orbit, and my impatience bites me in the butt yet again.

1 person likes this

We've got a few more pieces of hardware to land before we can start assembly. Also, I show how little I know about using the Konstruction mod pieces!

1 person likes this

What, more work? Yes, of course! We have tons of construction to do, after all that effort getting it to Minmus. In this episode, we commence the building of Minty Station... and find that it's pretty dang slow. But progress is being made!

1 person likes this

Construction continues on Minty Station! I've compressed about 2 hours of playtime into a single zippy episode, so hopefully this is still interesting for you! I wanted to demonstrate the ins and outs of what it actually takes to put a big base together - and this is just the bare minimum. There's much more to come, and we're learning quickly!

1 person likes this

Let's do some science! Now that our base is mostly set up, it's time to actually start getting some returns from it. In this episode, we perform some experiments and send back a return capsule to Kerbin.