Wiseman

Multiplanetary Species Series

88 posts in this topic

Finally caught up with the construction of Minty Station, we're on to try to expand the base! Things go... Exactly as well as you would expect.

We have a bit of an interlude between base construction segments. In this episode, we launch a few new rockets out to Minmus, and catch up with the goings-on at the KSS.

A comedy of errors ensues as I try to right the fallen Karbonite refinery! We also visit the KSS for some science, and set up our next few missions.

In this episode, towering fuel tanks abound! We take another shot at setting up a Karbonite refinery, test the interplanetary waters, and construct a cruise ship!

In this episode, we launch the Starlifter Shuttle, which will provide comfort and supplies to our intrepid kerbal astronauts on even the longest of journeys.

1 person likes this

Could you message me your mod list? Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this!

Fuel tankers, transfer buses, and cruise ships, oh my! In this episode, we get a lot of permanent, reusable hardware out to Minmus, and land our new fuel tanker!

On 1/20/2017 at 8:40 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Could you message me your mod list? Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this!

Series modlist:
* [x] Science!
* All Ya'll
* BetterBurnTime
* Chatterer
* Color Coded Canisters
* NavyFish's Docking Alignment Indicator
* Docking Port Sound FX
* Firespitter Core
* Fuel Tanks Plus
* Impact!
* Interstellar Fuel Switch Core
* Kerbal Alarm Clock
* Kerbal Attachment / Inventory System
* Kerbal Engineer (experimental)
* Lithobrake Exploration Technologies
* RCS Build Aid
* Science - Full Reward!
* Science Relay
* SpaceY Heavy Lifters & Expanded
* TextureReplacer
* Waypoint Manager
* Galileo's Stars SkyBox
* Stock Visual Enhancements
* Porkjet's Part Overhauls, with Angel-125's mesh switcher
* Precise Maneuver
* RealPlume
* Easy Vessel Switch (EVS)
* StageRecovery
* Nehemiah Science Mods (community updates, full suite)
* ...and the big one, the entire USI Constellation of mods, minus the Otter submersible and Sounding Rockets.

Edited by Wiseman
1 person likes this

In which I upgrade (read: deorbit and quietly replace) a vessel in between initial launch and first usage! Also, we send a brave crew of six out into the unknown - interplanetary space!

1 person likes this

Orbital mechanics, interplanetary space, and a big drilling rig! In this episode, I spend a bunch of time admiring my own design. (Is that bad?) Also, based on a conversation I had with a commenter, I discuss my basic method for getting to Minmus, and talk about how to do the "sun SOI dip" for Kerbal XP.

1 person likes this

Kind of a short one this time, but we are making progress! The Starlifter charts a course back to Minmus, and we set up an unmanned drilling rig!

A mishap on the KSS, more hardware to send to Duna, and a new logistics module for Minty Station! We're charging ahead, practicing the techniques we need for the colonization effort!

Let's logistics better! In this episode, I learn a ton about how Planetary Logistics works, and also refresh my installation!

Finally, some new additions to Minty Station! Also, the triumphant return of the Starlifter Shuttle from interplanetary space!

In this episode, we have a busy time setting up the new hardware at Minty Station, and tie up some loose ends with three rapid-fire launches. Also, our first probe arrives in orbit around Duna!

Another three launches back-to-back, but this time our destination is Duna. We have determined that our best course of action is to send a flags-and-footprints mission of 6 kerbals out to Duna to scout out the landscape ahead of the colonization effort, so we are making the best use we can of this planetary conjunction!

1 person likes this

In this episode, we learn that pointing engines through your center of mass is important! Also, we start setting up a mission to Duna!

Let's land some drills! In this episode, we spend all of our time maneuvering heavy drilling rigs down to the surface of Minmus, and talk about how we're going to move up to advanced manufacturing.

In this episode, the answer to life, the universe, and everything! Or just a lot of me chattering about supplies production. Also, we send a new crew out towards Minmus to join the Duna Expedition!

Let's assemble our mission to Duna! In this episode, docking and refueling in preparation for the trip.

Refueling and trajectory planning for our trip to Duna! Also, Bill encounters a design flaw on his return trip!

Tying up loose ends, landing a bounty of science, and making plans for the future.

My old intro/outtro files were deleted by some doofus (it was me), which provided an excellent excuse to recreate new ones. Now then, time for a Mun base! In this episode, we decide on a landing location, and start shipping out the materials needed to construct our kolonist hab.

Posted (edited)

The colonization of the Mun continues! In this episode, one full mission from start to end, how strange. We launch, transfer, and land the majority of our base modules! I just hope I remembered to pack enough fuel...

Edited by Wiseman
Whoops, wrong episode

Kind of a weird episode, bear with me! This time, we land our first 12 kolonists on the Mun, then put our new base together from start to finish. Base modules bouncing into space? Check! Critical components rolling downhill? Check! Forgetting materials and needing another launch? Double check!

Episode 50? What the heck, how did we get here so quick?! Anyways, our career marches on! In this episode, we expand the Mun base we built, deliver enough kerbals to double the crew, and check in on our other flights!