Multiplanetary Species Series

Wiseman

Let's get some hardware installed! In this episode, we land the three core sets of modules for the Minmus Shipyards. I also go off on a wild tangent into Space Ore Trucking Simulator 2017!

In this episode, we send the last bits of hardware flipping and sailing through the low-gravity space around Minmus to their final destinations. This is mostly due to me not planning my rovers very well. 

Finally! I've been hyping up the construction of this base for what feels like forever, and apologizing for delays for twice that long. We get large amount of the building done this time, plus some insight into my planning methods. 

In this episode, we finish the majority of the construction of the Minmus Shipyards! This may mostly just be me finagling storage and rambling, though. In the search of moar profit, we also send out our Commodity Return Vehicle v2!

Before we set up the production lines on the Minmus Shipyards, we'll need a crew! In this episode, I play with Transfer Window Planner, and have just the best time trying to get Exotic Minerals landed safely on Kerbin.

In this episode, I fumble mightily with the Ground Construction mod! I also spend a lot of time complaining and pondering the best way forward, because the next big thing is planning the Duna trip! Also, mushrooms?!

Karborundum is on Eeloo. Eeloo is generally about a 4.5 year journey away. But with space-magic, we can lop off 4 years! Also this episode, the obvious happens to that probe we launched at the sun.

In this episode, we find out what happens when you fly a collector probe within a few million kilometers of the sun! (Hint: it's the same thing that happens to everything else.) Also, we take another shot at asteroid resource harvesting!

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words! And now, the next episode!

The asteroid shenanigans continue! In this episode, we try to accelerate production with engineers everywhere - on the shipyard and on an asteroid hurtling towards Kerbin.

We've spent a long time playing in the embrace of Kerbin, dropping things on Minmus and the Mun and getting a feel for MKS. Now it's time to really get started on that whole "multiplanetary species" part of the title! In this episode, our communications network arrives at Duna!

We've finally got our queue of missions cleared out, so it's pretty much all Duna all the time! In this episode, we discover we've had a lander heading out to Duna this whole time! Also, improvised aerobraking with the Ascent/Descent vehicle!

Welcome to Eeloo! I hear there are tasty rare elements all the way out here? Wait, we forgot what?! Also in this episode, a checkup of our crews on various bases and ships in flight, and a ceremonious finish to the KSC!

As the Starlifter Shuttle draws closer and closer to Duna, we spend the mean time testing issues of supply chain management at the Minmus Shipyards. Also we earn a ton of money shipping home supplies!

Don't mind my hoarse voice, I'm still recovering a bit from a cold that wiped me out in the middle of this week. But that couldn't keep me away for long! We're back with the MKS Explainer mod to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and also building a Warp-capable vessel!

Picking up right where we left off, let's try out Roverdude's Alcubierre Drive! in this episode, we get out to Eeloo, swing past Jool to talk about Warp/Gravity maneuvers, and do some repairs to the Far Horizon.

This time, several grumpy kerbals sit in a tin can with the kitchen and bedroom still in boxes, because I forgot to unpack them. Oops! Also, we dig up karborundum, and expand the Minmus Shipyard!

We finally arrive! More than a year of game-time and several months of real-time later, the Starlifter Shuttle arrives at Duna, ready to perform landing and geology operations. Also, I forget that inclination is a thing.

No time to waste, let get roving! Unsurprisingly, my location plans go right out the window as we start sampling actual Dunan biomes for their resources. But that's fine! There's a reason we brought a rover! Wait, we have to drive how far?!

With all the building happening on the ground, it's been too long since we built a station! In this episode, we wrap up our geology mission on Duna, and finish construciton of an important new space station in high Kerbin orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.