Wiseman

Multiplanetary Species Series

81 posts in this topic

We continue to build up the infrastructure we need for the final leg of this journey, the colonization of Duna. That means we need to acquire some karborundum, and advance some kerbals to level 5. What better way to do it than by also fulfilling some grand tour contracts?

In this episode, we finish off our grandest of tours around the system, visiting every body with the magic of the warp drive! That gets us set up with the crew we need to colonize Duna. I wouldn't forget parachutes on such an important mission, would I?

What do we need to get moving on Duna? Hundreds of tons of karborundum! Let's go get it! While we're working on that, we should nail down the exact locations for our bases on Duna.

The Duna Expedition continues! We finish up the last things we need to do on the surface of Duna for our flags-and-footprints mission, and climb aboard the Ascent vehicle. Hopefully I did my math right!

Today I jabber a lot about what all this shiny space magic technology means to me and to the series, while I scoop up a thousand tons of Karborundum from the sun. Then, I get nervous about time warping - hopefully all our colonists are okay?!

In this episode, we finally deal with the 1300 ton elephant in orbit - and try to break it apart and bring it down, piece by piece!