The New Monoliths (Spoilers)

Ultimate Steve

On 3.12.2016 at 2:35 AM, tosha said:

I noticed that in 1.2 all the monoliths are bigger, and +100% more solid

Not all. The monolith at KSC2 is still small. No clue if there are more small ones, Randoliths (green) seem to be universally big though.

On 12/20/2016 at 2:02 AM, Garrett Kerman said:

Wait. Is this an actual feature? Can anyone confirm?

(I'm gonna go to Minmus to try it out now.)

So far I've found 1 on minmus, 1 on mun - both unlocked science techs - but my tech tree is now complete, so I any further ones won't do anything except give funds.

I'm guessing there is 1 per body - someone here said kerbin too - I'll have to check that out, but kerbin has so many easter eggs already, it will be hard to tell the static one from the randolith. I'd also like to know if modded bodies get a randolith as well be default.

The only mods I was running when I found them were:

Scatterer

Kopernicus (for my single modded body, Rald - and I didn't do anything with the tech tree or easter eggs in that mod)

The green monoliths sound like the beginnings of NovaSilisko's original plans for a sort of storyline for the game. Special tech unlocks was one of the things you'd get for investigating anomalies, though I think the tech were supposed to be unique to them rather than a random high-end node. Unfortunately the thread detailing that info has been lost...

22 hours ago, String Witch said:

The green monoliths sound like the beginnings of NovaSilisko's original plans for a sort of storyline for the game. Special tech unlocks was one of the things you'd get for investigating anomalies, though I think the tech were supposed to be unique to them rather than a random high-end node. Unfortunately the thread detailing that info has been lost...

Plus, he's said multiple times that he wants to let the storyline die. But if you really want to find it I remember that it's typed up on some website out there, but I've long since lost the link.

27 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Plus, he's said multiple times that he wants to let the storyline die.

Any reason for that besides being annoyed at constant questions about it?

On 6.2.2017 at 2:43 AM, Just Jim said:

Oh??? Interesting....

I'm not using RSS, but I am using OPM... Has anyone found one on an OPM planet or moon yet? Curious minds really, really want to know!  :D

Not OPM, but found more, one each on Deimos and Phobos. No tech unlock either, just like on Moon.

Guess this only "works" for stock planets/moons. Or I'm doing it wrong somehow...

• 2 months later...

Is it true these monoliths unlock new tech? I found a monolith on Minmus and the "milestone" message said in pink letters "Experimental motors". However, when i checked the Science Tree (which is complete) there was nothing unlocked, no "Experimental motors" branch visible. I'm running v1.2.2.

On October 18, 2016 at 11:30 PM, kotomikun said:

Yeah but, technically, all the planets are that. Except Jool, obviously; and Eve, which is more of a lumpy sphere-shaped deathtrap.

I found this one by accident on a tourism visit to Minmus--right near the equator, at the edge of one of the "flats." Apparently most/all of the new ones are greenish.

ny0pGDM.png

The mun duna and (Maybe Ike and Minmus) are spheres too.

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2016 at 12:30 AM, kotomikun said:

Yeah but, technically, all the planets are that. Except Jool, obviously; and Eve, which is more of a lumpy sphere-shaped deathtrap.

I found this one by accident on a tourism visit to Minmus--right near the equator, at the edge of one of the "flats." Apparently most/all of the new ones are greenish.

ny0pGDM.png

Hyperedit quardnets?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.