Is Devnote Tuesday no more?

Padishar

No. They've been known for the past few weeks to release it on days other than Tuesday's such as Wednesday and Thursday. Also in the short time I've been in this forum, they have missed it out a few weeks. I believe this is normal.

Fire

59 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

No. They've been known for the past few weeks to release it on days other than Tuesday's such as Wednesday and Thursday. Also in the short time I've been in this forum, they have missed it out a few weeks. I believe this is normal.

Fire

Well, various devnotes over much longer than that have been delayed a day (or, very rarely, two).  I'm talking specifically about the ones since October 4th that have simply not happened or been replaced by some other announcement.  This week, perhaps we may still get a delayed devnote, but last week (October 11th) the devnote was replaced with the 1.2 launch announcement (just about fair enough though some details of any last minute fixes that were done could have been posted) and the previous week the devnote was replaced with the announcement of the release date with no development info again.

50 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Well, various devnotes over much longer than that have been delayed a day (or, very rarely, two).  I'm talking specifically about the ones since October 4th that have simply not happened or been replaced by some other announcement.  This week, perhaps we may still get a delayed devnote, but last week (October 11th) the devnote was replaced with the 1.2 launch announcement (just about fair enough though some details of any last minute fixes that were done could have been posted) and the previous week the devnote was replaced with the announcement of the release date with no development info again.

Well that was just one week. The 1.2 release. All that was said then would have been said in the dev notes so there wasn't a point to making them. Also after such a big update, they may either be too busy fixing bugs or just taking a break. They deserve the latter one in my opinion.

Fire

2 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Well that was just one week. The 1.2 release. All that was said then would have been said in the dev notes so there wasn't a point to making them. Also after such a big update, they may either be too busy fixing bugs or just taking a break. They deserve the latter one in my opinion.

Fire

Both of the devnotes that were replaced could easily have given some details of what the devs had been working on.  While I fully agree that the devs who worked on 1.2 deserve a break, that isn't the subject of this thread.  Someone could easily have posted an actual Devnote Tuesday saying that, how long does it take to write a few sentences...

I asked a simple question and, given you don't actually work for Squad in any position, let alone one with the authority to respond, I don't really see any relevance to your posts.  Nothing in my OP deserves a reply of "No", I only made one statement (which is demonstrably true) and asked a question to which "No" makes no sense as an answer.

2 hours ago, Firemetal said:

Fire

What's normal, if you want to have the appearance of trying to connect with your customer base, is that you communicate those things, even when there's nothing to communicate.

We can forgive @SQUAD for not doing so though; they're coders. It's not like they're rooted in a marketing/pr company. Right? RIGHT?

34 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Apparently Devnote Tuesday is becoming Devnote Friday: 

Brilliant, thanks, question answered...

(P.S. Feel free to lock before this devolves into another, even if good-natured, Squad bashing thread)