Nintendo Switch

Alshain

I doubt the switch will ever get VR/AR, the required processing power is simply way to high. This thing is way weaker than the PS4, which allready struggles with its low end morpheus.

10 hours ago, Elthy said:

I doubt the switch will ever get VR/AR, the required processing power is simply way to high. This thing is way weaker than the PS4, which allready struggles with its low end morpheus.

That depends on the implementation.  I can promise you the processing power of the Switch exceeds the Galaxy S7, which has VR.  It's not Oculus Rift on a PC VR, but it is VR.

Edited by Alshain

1 minute ago, StupidAndy said:

I would get the switch, but I don't want to because I have a computer and most great games are on computers

Not Zelda though. (You can find the older ones and play them with an emulator though). 

10 hours ago, Robotengineer said:

Not Zelda though. (You can find the older ones and play them with an emulator though). 

It should be pointed out that to do this legally requires owning a physical copy of the game, and the ability to transfer a backup of that copy to your PC, which for any of the recent games generally requires an appropriately modified console (or in the case of the GC/Wii an extremely small subset of DVD drives from certain specific manufacturers).

We don't want a moderator thinking we're discussing things we shouldn't and locking the thread now do we.

10 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

or a raspberry Pi

you can probably google it

Anything past the 16-bit era will really be a YMMV situation, but it's still a great use of a spare PI.

To bring this back to the switch though, there's plenty of videos popping up on youtube claiming to show working switch emulators complete with download links.  Of course it should be obvious that consoles that have been out for less than a month don't generally have emulators capable of doing anything - much less booting games.  But a fair number of people seem to be getting suckered into filling their machines with malware.

Indeed.

I know the 3DS was difficult to emulate and even more difficult to play commercial games without using official hard- and software. The Switch could be the same way if Ninty know what they're doing.

On 03/17/17 at 3:30 PM, rkarmark said:

Hi i am getting the switch as soon as it is in stock again. 

Would you recomend 12 switch to somebody who really enjoyed wii sports. Most rewivs have mixed opinions

1-2 Switch is probably closer to the Wii Party series than Wii Sports.

Lets not discuss emulation here please.  It's a legally grey area and with N64 and beyond you have to own the console and cart to do it legally and at that point you might as well play it on the console.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.