Eve project

I've never yet been to Eve as my career save always gets restarted for a significantly new version, and I have a family to sink my time into instead right now.

I always planned that any Kerbal mission to Eve would be a one-way ticket as an established ground base (as of 1.2, serving simultaneously as ore facility, ground operations control and DSN link-up. Eventually I'll hopefully learn enough about Eve's gravity well and atmosphere to develop a surface to orbit rocket that lands by parachute and returns using refined fuel, but as yet I've not gotten as far as that first Kerbal base on the surface.

15 minutes ago, Osprey said:

I've never yet been to Eve as my career save always gets restarted for a significantly new version, and I have a family to sink my time into instead right now.

I always planned that any Kerbal mission to Eve would be a one-way ticket as an established ground base (as of 1.2, serving simultaneously as ore facility, ground operations control and DSN link-up. Eventually I'll hopefully learn enough about Eve's gravity well and atmosphere to develop a surface to orbit rocket that lands by parachute and returns using refined fuel, but as yet I've not gotten as far as that first Kerbal base on the surface.

well I hope you eventually get the time! :) I plan on doing a Lander really with a docking port up top.

Ok :3

well ive been to eve but never with a kerbal, i sent a electric drone plane there and flew around doing sciance stuff, XD its actualy a lot of fun to fly in eve with FAR, sent a few rovers but i dont like sending kerbal where i know i wont get them back

35 minutes ago, Tidus Klein said:

Ok :3

well ive been to eve but never with a kerbal, i sent a electric drone plane there and flew around doing sciance stuff, XD its actualy a lot of fun to fly in eve with FAR, sent a few rovers but i dont like sending kerbal where i know i wont get them back

cool. But you can get them back. Try a Lander with a pretty powerful engine after you decouple

I had the idea of assembling an Eve lander in low Eve orbit. Then descend and ascend. This way you can make it as big as you want and not have to worry about not making it back to orbit. I haven't gotten around to yet though.

Fire.

1 hour ago, eagle92lightning said:

Eve is the same size if not smaller than kerbin.

This is not correct. Eve is larger than Kerbin. Its atmosphere is 20km higher and has 5 times the sea level pressure, its equatorial radius is 100km more than Kerbin's, and it has 1.7 times as much gravity. You are probably thinking of its counterpart in reality: Venus - which is slightly smaller and has less gravity than Earth (although its atmospheric pressure at sea level is over 90 times that of Earth due to a far more massive atmosphere).

Also, have fun with that 2.5m command pod. Getting one of those off of Eve takes a truly monstrous rocket.

33 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

This is not correct. Eve is larger than Kerbin. Its atmosphere is 20km higher and has 5 times the sea level pressure, its equatorial radius is 100km more than Kerbin's, and it has 1.7 times as much gravity. You are probably thinking of its counterpart in reality: Venus - which is slightly smaller and has less gravity than Earth (although its atmospheric pressure at sea level is over 90 times that of Earth due to a far more massive atmosphere).

Also, have fun with that 2.5m command pod. Getting one of those off of Eve takes a truly monstrous rocket.

oh I thought it was an exact replica. And I plan on playing around with reentry.

1 hour ago, eagle92lightning said:

LOL! :D and I think I know what I am talking about and plus the gravity is wrong. Eve is the same size if not smaller than kerbin.

35 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

He is right. Eve is the hardest planet to do a return trip from because of its gravity and atmosphere.

Fire

Just now, eloquentJane said:

@Firemetal*She, but the point still stands that Eve is a monumental challenge. Even so though, an exact replica of Venus would be far more difficult. Despite its lower gravity than Earth, the atmospheric pressure would make it a much tougher place to return from.

Oops sorry! .-.

Fire

8 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

fine but I will get it done!

I do not think people are doubting that. You were underestimating how challenging an Eve return mission is however, and if you continued to believe that it is more similar to Venus than it is, then your initial designs would probably not have worked.

And just so you know, Vectors and aerospikes are generally the best engines for Eve's lower atmosphere.

8 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I do not think people are doubting that. You were underestimating how challenging an Eve return mission is however, and if you continued to believe that it is more similar to Venus than it is, then your initial designs would probably not have worked.

And just so you know, Vectors and aerospikes are generally the best engines for Eve's lower atmosphere.

thanks I am getting familiar with all the new engines (I love kerbodyne)

7 hours ago, Tidus Klein said:

@eagle92lightning

ill just go ahead and repost this now you know what eve really is

1csfta.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

i know what eve is tomorrow i will get my aurora space station in orbit and then i am sending a probe to eve

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.