KSP Weekly: The new Devnotes

SQUAD

1 minute ago, RW1984 said:

https://m.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3slem9/concerns_about_ksps_console_portingflying_tiger/

Just wanted to put this out there.  A year ago this guy saw this disaster coming.  FTE are a joke!! A mobile developer at best,  obviously the cheap option, I know squad are into that.  Cmon no decent company loses so much of its staff in such a short space of time,  complete clowns

The developers that left worked here for years, it's obvious that they want to work on new things, we have a whole team working here, about the consoles  I already answered you 

4 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

https://m.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3slem9/concerns_about_ksps_console_portingflying_tiger/

Just wanted to put this out there.  A year ago this guy saw this disaster coming.  FTE are a joke!! A mobile developer at best,  obviously the cheap option, I know squad are into that.  Cmon no decent company loses so much of its staff in such a short space of time,  complete clowns

Working on it working on it working on it,  lame. FTE said you're testing a patch,  so how's that going? 

It's going fine :) any news we will let you know 

Just now, Badie said:

The developers that left worked here for years, it's obvious that they want to work on new things, we have a whole team working here, about the consoles  I already answered you 

Can you please explain to me why we haven't had a single bug fix in almost four months? 

44 minutes ago, sarbian said:

That still takes 2 D. Distributed Denial of Service.

DoS is still valid terminology, just sayin' :)

Though in this case I believe you are correct in stating DDoS since the server was being flooded by multiple computers/connections instead of just one.

All that being said... I greatly regret my decision to go to college to learn network security... what a colossal headache.

And thank you Devs for the SITREP, most of us are grateful that you guys keep us informed :)

Edited by Justicier

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:
The Jeb plushies became a hit since we started giving them away. Unfortunately, our previous provider stopped making them, but on the bright side, we still have many of them in stock and we will continue to give them away. We will be making several contest via Social Media Channels, so stayed tuned in order to get your own Jeb.

Awwww.... I want a Jeb Plushie, but I don't have a facebook page or anything like that... other than this forum, I'm not on any social media. :(

40 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Awwww.... I want a Jeb Plushie, but I don't have a facebook page or anything like that... other than this forum, I'm not on any social media. :(

The next contest will be announced in the forums and other social media channels, no worries you still can win your plushie! 

13 minutes ago, Badie said:

Yes they are really  cool! :)

I bet!

12 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

We're just helping you earn one keep up the good fight! :wink:

Thanks! I am trying! Overhauled my profile to express my passion for the acquisition of a plushie.

26 minutes ago, Badie said:

The next contest will be announced in the forums and other social media channels, no worries you still can win your plushie! 

I will get a second one. :D

If I do, I'll probably give it to Elias. I don't need two!

Also, including Modding Monday into the Weekly Kerbal would be awesome!

Edited by legoclone09

24 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

I bet!

Thanks! I am trying! Overhauled my profile to express my passion for the acquisition of a plushie.

Yes. Jeb Plushie is nice. To bad they dislovely personinued them before getting a chance to get one.

@Badie getting that post count up.  Keep at it kid and ya might just go places!

I saw a plushie on Amazon.  Could this be one and the same?  Perhaps I shall procure one.

Yes, the console version should have never been released with a broken save system.  No, pitch forks may not be the answer.

1.2.1?  I look forward to it!

4 hours ago, SQUAD said:

The QA team has been quite busy during these past couple of weeks. This time has been taken up with triage and investigation into some outstanding reports in readiness for a potential patch. It appears that most of the reports are more feedback than outright bugs, and that bears testament to the excellent pre-release reports that we received.

May I suggest that a bit of time is spent on cleaning up / updating the numerous excellent (your words) bug reports (not feedback) for both 1.1.3 and 1.2.0 pre-release builds that are still lingering in a 'Confirmed' state? I'm not even talking about those stuck in 'New' that look like they've never even been checked out.

It's very hard to match what you are stating here with what the bug tracker is showing us. There's definitely way more 'bug' than 'feedback', and it doesn't help when with just a few clicks I was able to quickly find tens of bugs that are clearly actual bugs, still open, and verify that they are very much still alive in the 1586 release. Granted it doesn't seem to be huge game-breaking stuff, but there's definitely still a good number of 'outright bugs' in need of a patch (or three).

Mind you, I like 1586, a lot of work has been done on it and I appreciate both fixes and features that made it in. Just uhm, marketing talk a notch or two down and reality a bit up, please? It's not like anyone is going to be surprised we'll see a few patches after the release.

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

@Badie getting that post count up.  Keep at it kid and ya might just go places!

I saw a plushie on Amazon.  Could this be one and the same?  Perhaps I shall procure one.

Yes, the console version should have never been released with a broken save system.  No, pitch forks may not be the answer.

1.2.1?  I look forward to it!

I have a genuine one next to me. Looks exactly the same, but unsure if it is identical. Rear-facing image does not have the tag mine did (I removed it).

@EliasDanger https://www.amazon.com/Kerbal-Space-Program-Kerbonaut-Limited/dp/B01FT61SI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477104989&sr=8-1&keywords=ksp+plush

Edited by legoclone09

55 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I have a genuine one next to me. Looks exactly the same, but unsure if it is identical. Rear-facing image does not have the tag mine did (I removed it).

@EliasDanger https://www.amazon.com/Kerbal-Space-Program-Kerbonaut-Limited/dp/B01FT61SI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477104989&sr=8-1&keywords=ksp+plush

$15? I'd rather win/earn/just be given one.

3 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

But... you're complaining about not being able to get them. I think Webkinz were more expensive than the Jeb plushie.

I never complained, only expressed passion for procuring one. I may purchase one, but I must first have a lengthy internal debate on the use of the funds necessary for the acquisition of said Jeb Plushie. It'll go something like this:

"JEB PLUSHIE! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!"

"You're going to give 15 dollars for a stuffed toy. Think about the starving children out there!"

"SHUT UP! I WANT A PLUSHIE!"

and so on...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.