Allow text entry of numerical tweakables

This shows up mostly for the 'authority limit' tweakable on aerodynamic control surfaces, but anytime I go to adjust one I find myself fighting the interface to get it to the correct value. Sometimes it is flat out impossible to make it show up as, say, 20 instead of 19 or 21. What's worse, it's not consistent, which means that you might have one control surface that can be adjusted to that number just fine, but its neighbor won't. This does horrible things to my inner perfectionist.

So, could we take that space where the number for the tweakable's current value is displayed, and turn it into a text entry box? Keep the slider working as normal, but please let me highlight that number and enter a value.

Very much this! It's a much needed feature.

I would suggest the interface for it should be; 
- right click to open the menu as normal (and it appears exactly the same as it is with the slider).
- hit tab (as it's not used in the editors and is intuitively the key to select fields) and it turns the first slider on the menu into a text field AND selects the current value.
- hit tab again to move to the next slider and turn it into a text field.
- shift + tab to move to the previous field (you know, principle of least surprise and all that).
and for bonus points
- hitting enter would turn the current text field back into a slider 
- hitting esc would also turn the current text field back into a slider, but would revert it to the previous value. 
- ctrl+enter would set the value for that particular attribute on all parts of the same type that are in the same stage. (maybe not this one).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.