kitty space program - X-3 Micro Shuttle, SMOL Business Jet, and other Early Career Craft

I took a year's haitus and just installed 1.2, and did a day of mod shopping. What a blast - KSP feels like a brand new game and I had to re-learn everything.

This thread will be a craft share dump as I rebuild my fleet of wacky contraptions from scratch, starting from this light passenger plane I used to do contracts and pilot training with: 

PC-1 Messenger

JxlZJlN.jpg

6e7hToK.jpg

HWCuvwZ.jpg

Type:
Twin Turboprop Light Passenger Aircraft

Performance:
Top level speed 100m/s, service ceiling 6,000m
Very low fuel consumption, 6 units of fuel per hour

Features:
Easy to fly, optimized for rough field ops
Seats 1 pilot and 2 passengers
Service Bay, Materials Lab

Part Count: 29

Mods:
Mk.2 Expansion
Tweakscale

Download:
Craft File hosted at KerbalX

x9OwUvI.jpg

Edited by pandoras kitten

X-3 Micro Shuttle! 

Rocket-launched, horizontal recovery 3 passenger training spaceplane. <30 parts stock for this experimental suborbital configuration. Useful for early career atmospheric survey contracts. Landing gear not included in this version meant for the early tech tree!

Download at KerbalX
http://kerbalx.com/pandoraskitten/X-3-Micro-Shuttle-Prototype

fiFpjJI.jpg

a7Te28t.jpg

xYHRAZI.png

w5vnOtZ.jpg

Attach the horizontal stabilizers to the tail section then offset them all the way up. For some reason doing this now is much easier than in old versions of KSP because of more generous offset limits maybe. 

Note that you need to manually place each side (no symmetry) for this particular tail boom because the symmetry is off on this part.

I got a couple of missions out to the Mun today! 

However this munar return probe design is fatally flawed. I might have to lose the materials lab as it doomed the craft blowing up (and cutting loose the crucial 1.25m heatshield) as soon as the cruise stage was released. Can you help fix it?

Three_Pounds has posted an amazing adaptation of the X-3 Micro Shuttle that goes into space on what appears to be the Leaning Tower of KSC :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/5al5mn/wingnuts_shnuttle_early_career_micro_shuttle/

More pics:

g9G5AVdr.png

Dynrejh.png

[imgur]KYBsZ[/imgur]

Edited by pandoras kitten
Hmph imgur tags don't seem to work

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.