[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

Kerbals can't walk on the deck of an aircraft while it's in motion.

Okay.

There's also an issue with Type 6 extension - the Toggle command does nothing and causes a Null exception.  Seems to be a broken light because Type 6 breaks the light macro.

Suggestion: The ability for sections with LF storage to swap it for Batteries (EC storage).  And possibly electric ducted fans.

For those making nuke/solar electric Zeppelins for use on Duna, or for really long range exploration at home. 

35 minutes ago, Sudragon said:

Suggestion: The ability for sections with LF storage to swap it for Batteries (EC storage).  And possibly electric ducted fans.

For those making nuke/solar electric Zeppelins for use on Duna, or for really long range exploration at home. 

I've actually considered that, and do have the ability to set up the parts. The downside is that craft out in the field will be adversely affected and need to be recovered. Doable but slightly inconvenient.

Buffalo just got it's cockpit updated. Does the Bison need an equivalent update?  

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I've actually considered that, and do have the ability to set up the parts. The downside is that craft out in the field will be adversely affected and need to be recovered. Doable but slightly inconvenient.

Make the switchable parts optional for the next few updates, with different designations/file names (The HL-10M has a cloned and adjusted part, the HL-10M/MF). 

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

You can soft deprecate the old parts (they won't appear in the SPH/VAB but are still ingame) rather than replacing them outright...  but that puts the inconvenience on your side.

31 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

You can soft deprecate the old parts (they won't appear in the SPH/VAB but are still ingame) rather than replacing them outright...  but that puts the inconvenience on your side.

That's actually not too bad, I've done that numerous times in the past. :)

Have been trying to make Heisenberg work with FAR

There are no incompatibilities, but everything is not that easy. FAR not only makes dirigibles much faster, it also increases landing speeds. Besides, FAR seems to have some problems with OLS from Aircraft Carrier Accessories mod, it drops fps dramatically.

And high landing speed plus no OLS is not at all good for carriers.

But there is a way out: VTOL.

brps9wt.png

Landing on a modified Diamond-class training carrier.

XhWh9gg.png

Ready for short take-off.

uwLdM55.png

Air Park stops dirigible from flying, but doesn't prevent it from rotating around the center of mass.

eHePgIS.png

Almost there.

2DAjY2j.png

Leaving the ski-jump.

bMnsntG.png

And off we go.

PS. Sorry, couldn't help posting this  :wink:

niPk0ts.png

auiKPWT.png

Edited by Shnyrik

Heisenberg 2.2.3 is now available:

- The HL-10 Command Gondola, Bison Command Cab, and Bison Airlock Module now all have an ASET-version of their cockpits. Download ASET Props 1.4 from: https://spacedock.info/mod/1204/ASET Props
- The airship hulls can now hold a variety of different resources including LiquidFuel, ElectricCharge, and more. This only applies to new vessel construction; older vessels in-flight are unaffected.
- Minor bug fixes.
- WBT update

3 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@Angel-125     this mod needs two things to be 100% perfect.     Engine mounts and something to correct the issue with center of mass lol.     Trying to land my AN-225 on this monstrosity and its just not happing lol

Engine mounts I can look into, the COL issues I fixed up as best as possible in an earlier release. The reference designs fly just fine. :)

@Angel-125 yes but its wonky lol.       My last airship had a tendancy to want to nose dive lol.     I tried to land a plane on the rear to counter this......... Kraken struck, hilarity insued .... I might of ended up on the floor laughing so hard i was crying....  Lol.     But yeah maybe a ballasting system or auto ballisting system.     I dont think hooligan labs intended on us landing aircraft on airships.      But never the less.    This has to be the most genius epic mod ever...i dont know why but ever since i was a little kid watching ducktales with the iron vulture airship aircraft carrier to skycaptian flying carriers to the shield aircraft carriers in avengers the idea to build one or fly one has always seemed like an awesome idea so thank you for this strike of genius

11 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@Angel-125 yes but its wonky lol.       My last airship had a tendancy to want to nose dive lol.     I tried to land a plane on the rear to counter this......... Kraken struck, hilarity insued .... I might of ended up on the floor laughing so hard i was crying....  Lol.     But yeah maybe a ballasting system or auto ballisting system.     I dont think hooligan labs intended on us landing aircraft on airships.      But never the less.    This has to be the most genius epic mod ever...i dont know why but ever since i was a little kid watching ducktales with the iron vulture airship aircraft carrier to skycaptian flying carriers to the shield aircraft carriers in avengers the idea to build one or fly one has always seemed like an awesome idea so thank you for this strike of genius

Glad you like the mod. :) I was originally going to just build the airship hull, but one thing led to another, and I ended up with the flying aircraft carrier and a gondola system that doubles as a large expedition rover (mobile base).

One thing that might help is using AirPark. Stop the airship, then land your plane on it. Not sure if that will help though.

22 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Glad you like the mod. :) I was originally going to just build the airship hull, but one thing led to another, and I ended up with the flying aircraft carrier and a gondola system that doubles as a large expedition rover (mobile base).

One thing that might help is using AirPark. Stop the airship, then land your plane on it. Not sure if that will help though.

Ive got that.    Ill try it eventually in my play through and let ya know

Somehow after the last update KSP started to crash randomly in hangar, when craft with Heisenberg parts is open.

Here are the crash logs, if this can help:

https://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-disk%3A%2F%2F%2Fdisk%2Foutput_log.txt&name=output_log.txt&c=58acb11aa631

https://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-disk%3A%2F%2F%2Fdisk%2Ferror.log&name=error.log&c=58acb1041a75

@Angel-125 With the latest update to your mod, I've run into a problem with the airship parts. Once they are researched, and I unlock the parts, when I go over to the SPH or VAB, the parts say they aren't unlocked. I go back to the research lab, and a new set of parts needs to be unlocked, but the old ones are still showing. they are duplicated endlessly, with out being made available. I DID completely remove the mod and install it clean, multiple times trying to fix the problem and make sure I hadn't made a mistake. Link to output log and persistence: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ld7ujmnb89kink/AADxA8PW_B7izDXvE8mL3TxKa?dl=0

Image of problem in research lab:

pUZ347u.jpg

1 hour ago, Shnyrik said:

Somehow after the last update KSP started to crash randomly in hangar, when craft with Heisenberg parts is open.

https://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-disk%3A%2F%2F%2Fdisk%2Foutput_log.txt&name=output_log.txt&c=58acb11aa631

https://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-disk%3A%2F%2F%2Fdisk%2Ferror.log&name=error.log&c=58acb1041a75

40 minutes ago, vardicd said:

@Angel-125 With the latest update to your mod, I've run into a problem with the airship parts. Once they are researched, and I unlock the parts, when I go over to the SPH or VAB, the parts say they aren't unlocked. I go back to the research lab, and a new set of parts needs to be unlocked, but the old ones are still showing. they are duplicated endlessly, with out being made available. I DID completely remove the mod and install it clean, multiple times trying to fix the problem and make sure I hadn't made a mistake. Link to output log and persistence: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ld7ujmnb89kink/AADxA8PW_B7izDXvE8mL3TxKa?dl=0

Image of problem in research lab:

pUZ347u.jpg

I think it's an issue with the airship hulls that were deprecated. I'll look at it tonight.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

I think it's an issue with the airship hulls that were deprecated. I'll look at it tonight.

Okay, thanks, Hope it doesn't turn out to be just me making a stupid mistake somewhere along the line like last time.

Just now, vardicd said:

Okay, thanks, Hope it doesn't turn out to be just me making a stupid mistake somewhere along the line like last time.

Nope, likely the parts in the Deprecated folder have the same name as the parts in the HL10 folder. If so, just add a "2" to the end of the name. That will clear it up until I can publish a patch.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Nope, likely the parts in the Deprecated folder have the same name as the parts in the HL10 folder. If so, just add a "2" to the end of the name. That will clear it up until I can publish a patch.

They did indeed have the same names, haven't had a chance to reload the game and see if it fixed things though

3 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

Uh, your doc viewer app is in a language that I can't read. :) Can you tell me which button to press to download the logs? :)

Meanwhile, here's the hotfix for Heisenberg that fixes the duplicate names issue.

- Fixed duplicated airship hulls issue.
- Updated the Snacks converters to the latest standards.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.