Angel-125

[1.3] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack v2.7.2

665 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Shnyrik said:

Sure, why not. Here it is.

Here, I believe, except for Heisenberg and Buffalo I used only Navigation lights, TweakScale and Airplane Plus (with TweakScale patch). But I should warn that I have tons of mods, so I could have forgotten some :)

I've got those except for tweakscale. that might be a problem. one of my other mods conflicts with tweak scale so I don't use that one. :(

I'd actually almost managed to build a version of my own, experimenting, I just couldn't figure out how to handle the power demands of those ducted fans on that little ship

Edited by vardicd

13 minutes ago, vardicd said:

just couldn't figure out how to handle the power demands of those ducted fans on that little ship

Only one little turbine is needed (I have two because I also use DangIt).

The easiest way is to tune it in test flight. First you reduce turbine's thrust using thrust limit to get the right amount of power. Then you set the thrust limit in hangar.

41 minutes ago, Shnyrik said:

Only one little turbine is needed (I have two because I also use DangIt).

The easiest way is to tune it in test flight. First you reduce turbine's thrust using thrust limit to get the right amount of power. Then you set the thrust limit in hangar.

I must be using the wrong ducted fan then. the ones I tried using each needed 51 electric charge per second, while the little turbine only produced 1 per second.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:07 PM, EFYN said:

I put the Hooligan labs in gamedata with firespitter and Heisenberg but it is still not generating lift. Also the Hooligan Labs once placed in editor cannot be grabbed and when in game they fall through the ground. Firespitter is up to date and I have the latest modulemanager. What is happening lol

That very much sounds like a bad install of HL.

Posted (edited)

I'll just leave it here as a small preview on how to operate fighter jets from flying aircraft carriers :wink: 

W5Q9Hr3.png

I had to give up the catapult in favor of the ski-jump, because in 1.3 catapult tends to break ALG.

KcaEEVk.png

This new docking system might seem a bit crazy, but after a series of explosions I've come to conclusion that in 1.3 ALG is even a bit more unstable, than in was in 1.2.2. And hanging jet above the floor is the most reliable way to prevent it's gear from breaking apart in the most inappropriate moment.

Edited by Shnyrik
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

I'll just leave it here as a small preview on how to operate fighter jets from flying aircraft carriers :wink: 

W5Q9Hr3.png

I had to give up the catapult in favor of the ski-jump, because in 1.3 catapult tends to break ALG.

KcaEEVk.png

This new docking system might seem a bit crazy, but after a series of explosions I've come to conclusion that in 1.3 ALG is even a bit more unstable, than in was in 1.2.2. And hanging jet above the floor is the most reliable way to prevent it's gear from breaking apart in the most inappropriate moment.

Looks great! I 've also been meaning to make a ski jump...

Posted (edited)

I'm building a new PC right now and when I'm finished I will make an airship that resembles the Pandora from Crimson Skies with working docking system using either docking ports or the claw combined Infernal Robotics and maybe find a use for KAS. I will upload a few pictures when finished.

I do however need to get used to this mod and basically learn how to properly use it

Edited by Dark_Derp
forgot to add something
1 person likes this

I love the mod and recently sent an airship to the north pole and discovered how incredibly efficient the airships in the game are as I used up less than 10% of the fuel that I had taken with me while making speeds of around 30 m/s (I found that lower airspeeds are exponentially more efficient than higher ones for obvious reasons).  The trip was mostly accomplished by using mechjeb to allow me to fly without watching it as it cruised at over 4 000  meters above the surface.

Images of the flight

Spoiler

ACxbbVy.png

KZ-27 preparing for launch.

Bun7ERs.png

KZ-27 leaving KSC.

SdxXAw1.png

KZ-27 at cruising altitude as it leaves KSC.

NQieveI.png

E6x9clS.png

Two pictures of KZ-27 at the start of the second day of flying.

DHkmMVi.png

The KZ-27 cruises at low altitude over the polar icecap.

uVIx1sq.png

The crew inspects KZ-27 after arriving at the north pole.

3 people like this

Anyone Have Any Pre Build Airships? All Of Mine Cant Seem To Stay Level

32 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Anyone Have Any Pre Build Airships? All Of Mine Cant Seem To Stay Level

The mod comes with pre-built sample craft, in the SampleCraft folder. Just copy them into your save, and you're good to go.

Oh Thanks, I Installed Via CKAN So i didn't actually check the folder, so Im not always this clueless.

On 7/14/2017 at 4:23 AM, Mark Kerbin said:

Oh Thanks, I Installed Via CKAN So i didn't actually check the folder, so Im not always this clueless.

You installed Heisenberg via CKAN??? If that is the case, I need to make sure @linuxgurugamer knows that Heisenberg and none of my other mods are NOT allowed on CKAN.

Edited by Angel-125

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

You installed Heisenberg via CKAN??? If that is the case, I need to make sure @linuxgurugamer knows that Heisenberg and none of my other mods are allowe on CKAN.

Ummm, I don't see it in CKAN

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, I don't see it in CKAN

I've checked CKAN for this mod, it's not there.  I even looked in all the .netkan files, trying to see if someone added it without permission.  It's not there.

1 person likes this

How well does this play with the Hooligan Labs Airships mod?  

Uugh.  The Uugh is my not reading before posting.

Appears that this is more of an add-on for it

Edited by linuxgurugamer
2 people like this

Hmm, may have confused it with hooligan labs

Sorry For Confusion