[Forum Problem] New-Reply box pre-filled with Quote and text

cy-one

I don't know where to put this, but I have a very weird problem in one specific thread

Each time I answer in that thread, my reply-box is pre-filled with an older post of mine (including a quote). I can't remove the quote.

Help? :(

I find that if I quoted someone then cancel the message, that the quote will still be there the next time I try to post.

If you select the box around the quote and hit delete I find that usually works, and failing that you can just delete the quote text, possibly even putting the empty quote box in a spoilers tag.

1 hour ago, cy-one said:

Each time I answer in that thread, my reply-box is pre-filled with an older post of mine (including a quote). I can't remove the quote.

When you mouse over the quote box, a small box appears at the top left. alt-click (on Windows) or cmd-click (on macOS) that box, and select "remove quote" from the menu that pops up.

1) Clearing the browser cache didn't work
2) alt-clicking on that arrow-box (looks like it's meant to move the quote) doesn't do anything
3) strg+a doesn't work

4) clicking the box and hitting delete worked, but I don't know if it will continue next time.. Won't make a test-post, but will report back once I write in the MKS-thread again.

I've got this issue as well :/ Haven't reported it though as it's been off and on and I haven't found too much regularity to it. I usually find that deleting the quote, hitting cancel, and then refreshing the page works.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

7 minutes ago, ManeTI said:

Its more like an update to correct bugs, its the same system, I dont think it will break anything, also we will take precautions and make the proper backups.

Oh, ok. Glad to hear it. :) When will it be? Can you put a banner up letting people know when the downtime will be?

11 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Last one destroyed all my friendships.

No, it didn't. Last update fixed, among other things, a bug that caused followers to be lost when using a routine admin function, a bug which this forum was unfortunately hit with when one of the admins used that function. 

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

No, it didn't. Last update fixed, among other things, a bug that caused followers to be lost when using a routine admin function, a bug which this forum was unfortunately hit with when one of the admins used that function. 

Ah, I see. From a non-technical viewpoint, it can be hard to tell the difference. But thanks for explaining it. :)

Hello guys,

Yesterday we tried to update the forum, we found some issues and couldnt complete the process, we are working with our hosting provider to get this problems fixed, unfortunately we are forced to move the update for next week.

When I reply to a thread I find that more often than not when I go to make subsequent replies it auto populates the reply box with one of or part of a previous reply that has already been posted by me. The same reply will hang around for a while even after making subsequent replies before eventually updating to a more recent one. It's not to bad if it's just the start of a previous thread but sometimes I make long posts with lots of spoilers and images and it can lock up the page briefly or even appear empty before replacing what I just typed with an older reply I have already posted.

Edited by ThatHomelessGuy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.