Is there an alternate "save" mod ?

dognosh

I don't mean the excellent S.A.V.E backup mod, I mean for example :

You are in the complex and press ESC and choose "Save Game..."

A window opens asking you to put in a filename, but no window showing your current saves list, so that you can just click one to overwrite to(or adjust, like Mun1 to Mun2)

Anything out there to do this simple task ?

ty :)

Edited by dognosh

6 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Alt F5 and Alt F9.

Named quick save and select quick load respectively.

No mods needed, it's a stock function.

Except this does not do what @dognosh is asking, which is a save option that shows the filenames of already existing saves to easily know which one to overwrite:

8 hours ago, dognosh said:

A window opens asking you to put in a filename, but no window showing your current saves list, so that you can just click one to overwrite to

And the answer to that is: no, stock does not give us a quick and easy way of overwriting existing saves, not in Esc menu save nor in the named quicksave.

You would need to first check the load / named quickload menu to pick a name, then esc out of that and call up the save / named quicksave menu and type the name manually (and make sure you don't typo).

I don't know of a mod that adds this functionality either.

51 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Except this does not do what @dognosh is asking, which is a save option that shows the filenames of already existing saves to easily know which one to overwrite:

And the answer to that is: no, stock does not give us a quick and easy way of overwriting existing saves, not in Esc menu save nor in the named quicksave.

You would need to first check the load / named quickload menu to pick a name, then esc out of that and call up the save / named quicksave menu and type the name manually (and make sure you don't typo).

I don't know of a mod that adds this functionality either.

Thank you very much for the reply, it was driving me mad that I couldn't find it after being told it was there :)

11 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Alt F9 does bring up a list of your named quick saves. Is it exactly what he asked for? No.

It's the closest thing we have though and provides all the functionality one would really need.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.