KSP Weekly: Hallogreen is here!

SQUAD

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

That's called.. criticism? They're not raising pitchforks over it, it's what they feel they've noticed and they are pointing it out. How is that "cancer"?

"Grow up, children." Pfft. That sounds even more cancerous.

We live in a world where people can no longer handle criticism or opinions that differ from their own. This past week is a great example. I had a student come and see me during office hours because she thought I graded her exam way too hard. After all, as she put it, "it's not like history is important to my major. I'm an education major, after all..."

She then proceeded to tell me that the grade I gave her caused her to doubt herself, doubt her intelligence and doubt her seriousness about education, after all, she failed the exam. And because I gave her the failing grade, it really indicated that I was the one in error. She even threatened to bring her mother to campus...to which I happily agreed to meet with her and her mother...

Yeah, I really just did go there...

7 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Fine, you're having an opinion about what KSP should be. Your opinion, not mine. I look at the future and if Squad wants to survive in the games industry in the long run, they make sure to develop the architecture to be versatile. The competition is watching and developing too.

I've written it many times before and I'm doing it again: KSP's main selling point is not the space sim side, it's the editor, being the easiest and quickest to use on the market. Although it lacks detail and precision, almost anything can built with incredible speed. Some might feel the editor is not important because they only build rockets using 30 parts. Other people have a different standard.

I invented an engine using rocket/plane parts to build propeller planes and helicopters. Squad has adjusted KSP at my request multiple times to help the development of these engines. They've promoted a topic about a car with a piston engine to thread of the month October. So ... are you gonna tell Squad how their program should behave and what their target audience should be?

as i said above, it's ok, and i can totally agree with your comment, again, i go back to part of my post, every developer has a fantasy in his mind when he starts a game to be developed. now, if what you are asking for, fits into that fantasy image, why not, he will be all ears and fingers for typing the code, but when your request does not fit 100%, well, the response is depending on the amount of that percentage, if it is only 10% fitting, chances are, he will ignore you.

also, don't forget, the future of game industries is not online abilities any more. games like skyrim came out without even thinking about multiplier and they still preatty much won the prize. also, as unity CEO told many many times during last years, the industry is switching toward mobile and vr. well, i am not that much concerned about those two in regards to ksp. even when mobile and vr would take 80% of the industry in future (maybe) there will still be some games that those devices won't be able to handle and would need pc or console technology.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.