Jeb says hi.

Thrawn889

Greetings fellow kerbomaniacs.

Erm, im relatively new to KSP i have had the game for a short while and started a few career modes  for 1.0.5 and now 1.2, I've made orbit and taken more than a few tourists up and once made a flyby  of Mun. (this didnt go so well Jeb got stuck in orbit when i run out of fuel and with no access to docking modules his dead.. :( *funeral march plays...* 

Erm im reaching the point where i always get to ive done the basics on kerbin and really don't know what i should do once ive done the basic science around grassland/highlands/runway/launch pad/deepwater/upper and lower atmos. So yeah. I play with a few mods I have planetary base inc (not used yet), KIC, KAS, Alarm. KER and For Science as im a bit whoops and miss when i can run an experiment. but yeah. i hope to be a bit active here to get some hints and if i can ever get my career mode to the Mun i will be happy. 

:) 

Edited by Thrawn889

Hello Thrawn889 and welcome to the forum!

One of my early goals in career mode is to have EVA off Kerbin's surface unlocked. (Upgrade Astronaut Complex) and get into LKO.  As you orbit, you can get a different EVA report from 'Space above .......'.  This can yield quite a lot of science in a single mission.  If you launch into polar orbit, you will eventually pass over every biome.

Once you get to low Mun orbit, you can also use this procedure there, gathering shiploads of science.

Glad to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

ah ok cool, when i first attempted an EVA in orbit i made the mistake of having him let go and he kinda floated back into the atmosphere. i didn't realise that about the Polar orbit though. I will aim to do that when I'm on next. I've also realised that i cant use the time warp feature and expect the FS mod to work so i will have to launch Jeb and wait for him to do a circuit before crash  landing him back down.

Question do Kerbal starve or run out of oxygen when there up there or was that never added?

1 hour ago, Thrawn889 said:

Question do Kerbal starve or run out of oxygen when there up there

No life support has been added to the stock game yet.  So they last indefinitely.

All Kerbals come equipped with a jet pack for use while on EVA.  Hit the 'R' key while on EVA (after you let go of the craft) and you can fly around and get back to your ship.  It takes a bit of practice, but it's not too hard.  And very fun once you get the hang of it.

Happy landings!

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

No life support has been added to the stock game yet.  So they last indefinitely.

All Kerbals come equipped with a jet pack for use while on EVA.  Hit the 'R' key while on EVA (after you let go of the craft) and you can fly around and get back to your ship.  It takes a bit of practice, but it's not too hard.  And very fun once you get the hang of it.

Happy landings!

Ah ok, that cool. I'm a little bit stupid but I've sorts skipped the tutorials so I'm not really sure what I'm do half the time. I end up playing the same basics on a new game when I screw up and kill Jeb. I just wish I could find a basic guide to what to do after the first few contacts and you have orbit properly. On my partner's she joked the science a bit to give her decent rockets but still. I should do a polar orbit with Jeb. Gotta remember to to waste too much fuel. XD