Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1 is live!

UomoCapra

8 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Working fine here for me. Which version are you trying to get?

False alarm. It's my genius government ordered my equally genius provider to sabotage access to this CDN which was done in the most genius way possible. Yeah, enough sarcasm to warp spacetime, dammit. Hello, my dear TOR...

Edited by Psycho_zs

14 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Removed writing from Mk3->Mk2 adapter.

*I am Nomad! I am Nomad! Your part is faulty! I am perfect! Sterilize! Sterilize! Sterilize!*

:P

In all seriousness though, why? I mean, I didn't see anybody complaining about it. It's just a bit of humor.

14 hours ago, AgentMOO said:

Good job.

Is it possible to fix the head movement restrictions when in first person?

I use track IR and it feels like my head is in a vice.

Elite Dangerous made the same mistake by locking how far one can turn their view while in first person. They have since corrected this in recent patches. It would be great if KSP fixed it as well.

*oh it would also be nice if the kerbals head was hidden while in first person...

How flexible is your neck?  Just saying, how far you can turn your head IS limited.  Of course, I'm saying this without knowing what the limits are in first-person, as I have not tried it myself.  Professional devil's advocate here.

5 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's an obscenity in some languages.

Which is why things should be taken for their meaning in the language they were uttered.  People are ridiculous.  Furthermore, my understanding is that the translation to "certain" languages would be "whore", which while distasteful maybe, certainly is not an obscenity.  I do get that Squad would want to fix that for PR reasons.  See "professional devil's advocate" comment...

Edited by ninebands

10 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

In all seriousness though, why? I mean, I didn't see anybody complaining about it. It's just a bit of humor.

In general I would agree with you.

But the reality is that the hurt is decided by the receiver.

I don't feel any pain when I kick your shin, you might have another opinion :wink:

3 minutes ago, ninebands said:

Which is why things should be taken for their meaning in the language they were uttered.  People are ridiculous.

Seems like a pretty harmless change, it's not like the text was a critical part of the part's functionality. Plus the game is getting localized to other languages.

I honestly don't get people being upset by this change at all. People are ridiculous, indeed.

If I may add something to the conversation, KSP has become an international game long before it was even released. Back when I joined the forum, I was surprised at the number of forum members that were outside of North America, Western Europe, and Asia. We have people that play this game - both male and female - from nearly every nation of the world that has Internet access. And that kind of popularity has been built since the initial free demo game was released.

It is the better part of hubris we, as forum users, mod makers, and even the folks at Squad need to remember - we must try hard not to offend, but remember that if an offense against us is committed, it may not be intentional but may be the result of cultural differences. I applaud Squad's proactive approach in removing the word since it could have caused an offense in a language other than English. It is what a responsible company does.

@TriggerAu Just a quick note on the flickering. It seems totally gone with one exception. If you have a scroll bar appear because of the number of parts in a category and you have a large number of parts the scroll bar itself starts flickering like crazy just having the part under control of the mouse in the vab (you pick it up).

The rest of the flicker is gone but this one part still flickers. Not as urgent a fix as the other flicker was but something to note!

PS: I am testing an extreme number of parts just to see if I could break the flicker issue so it is likely magnified in my build.

Edited by TheReadPanda

23 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's an obscenity in some languages.

Lots of words do things like that if you put them into another language.

For example "gift" means poison or toxic in German. If a German guy heard that people in some other country "gave gifts to each other on x holiday," would he think "Oh no! They have a holiday on which they commit mass murder/suicide?!"? No, more likely (at least if he's a reasonable person) he'd understand that it was written by people who didn't speak German, and he might take a brief look at google translate and find out that gift in that other country does not mean poison, but rather what in German is "geschenk."

I second @ninebands on this. Things should be considered for the language they were written in.

Edit: Though considering how many people in this world aren't reasonable, I guess it makes sense... kind of.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

If I may add something to the conversation, KSP has become an international game long before it was even released. Back when I joined the forum, I was surprised at the number of forum members that were outside of North America, Western Europe, and Asia. We have people that play this game - both male and female - from nearly every nation of the world that has Internet access. And that kind of popularity has been built since the initial free demo game was released.

It is the better part of hubris we, as forum users, mod makers, and even the folks at Squad need to remember - we must try hard not to offend, but remember that if an offense against us is committed, it may not be intentional but may be the result of cultural differences. I applaud Squad's proactive approach in removing the word since it could have caused an offense in a language other than English. It is what a responsible company does.

I agree with you.  I was more taking issue with the "obscenity" comment, as the word translation is not really an obscenity, rather more of a "would you really name a part THAT?" sort of thing.

Really, if you think about it, this game has been "international" all along, and yeah, needs to be sensitive to everyone.  

And as far as:

19 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Seems like a pretty harmless change, it's not like the text was a critical part of the part's functionality. Plus the game is getting localized to other languages.

I honestly don't get people being upset by this change at all. People are ridiculous, indeed.

I don't really see anyone saying they are upset with the change, I certainly am not upset.  It was more a knee-jerk reaction to the idea of being offended by a word that is not intended to be offensive and mistakenly pasting a different meaning onto it.  More of a comment on the fact that being a global citizen also requires people to have a bit of common sense and not not project your things onto other things outside your own culture where it doesn't really fit.  Not really a KSP thing...

So, probably having annoyed enough folks with my un-edited brain-to-mouth connection, I will stop talking about this.  Sorry if I annoyed anyone besides myself :)

Edited by ninebands
grammar

1 minute ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Lots of words do things like that if you put them into another language.

For example "gift" means poison or toxic in German. If a German guy heard that people in some other country "gave gifts to each other on x holiday," would he think "Oh no! They have a holiday on which they commit mass murder/suicide?!"? No, more likely (at least if he's a reasonable person) he'd understand that it was written by people who didn't speak German, and he might take a brief look at google translate and find out that gift in that other country does not mean poison, but rather what in German is "geschenk."

I second @ninebands on this. Things should be considered for the language they were written in.

In this particular case the word isn't necessary nor does it add to the function of the part. Why include a word that some find offensive when it adds nothing?

This is the part that I don't get: How does this change negatively affect anyone at all?