Scientia1423

Stock Community Space Program - Finishing the job.

278 posts in this topic

i'll send my newly developed duna lander to duna carrying a passenger when i get the save. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

What are you sending up there? So that chart on the wiki can be finished.

A Duna rover, a transfer tug for the rover, and a small base module that will get a tug later.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, @Scientia1423, is the rule still active where only 30 days can pass in one person's turn? I saw that the Duna rover had 420 days on it. I feel like such timewarping could ruin future attempts at a true space program. Maybe you could make a rule that only allows people to launch the craft into orbit, but preventing them from timewarping over 30 or so days without your permission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Hey, @Scientia1423, is the rule still active where only 30 days can pass in one person's turn? I saw that the Duna rover had 420 days on it. I feel like such timewarping could ruin future attempts at a true space program. Maybe you could make a rule that only allows people to launch the craft into orbit, but preventing them from timewarping over 30 or so days without your permission.

Its active now, yes. I just had to get everyone started first.

Also, 420 days lmao.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, beginning launch testing of the rover. Rough screenshots of the prototype, able to fit inside a MK3 cargo bay.

nRItgaR.png

I will have the save back in (max) 26 hours.

Edited by DMSP
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, @Baybrawler, do you have the craftfile of your rover? It would be cool if we made a Koronal Vessel Viewer picture for the mission page.

The reason why I am working so much on this wiki is it actually seems to be pretty good experience in setting up a website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'd like to contribute to this project this weekend. The spot is still free I believe. I'd like to be putting 2 Comsats into geostationary orbit.

Cheers

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, unless something happened to it it's just sitting on my computer. I don't have my computer right now, but I'love get it to you when I have access this afternoon/evening (8-10 hours).

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can help with the wiki. Just tell me what to do and I'll try get it done.

Edited by nascarlaser1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I can help with the wiki. Just tell me what to do and I'll try get it done.

There are some pages for example gateway which is missing a description and most pages don't have any pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

There are some pages for example gateway which is missing a description and most pages don't have any pictures.

can you show me a pic of gateway? I've never touched the save so I do not know much about it. ( I currently do not have ksp on any device so I cannot look at it :( ).

 

Edit: found a pic in original post. Still not sure what if anything to put in the November description.

 

Edit 2: wikia being unhappy with me. I have the pic but it wont upload for some reason. Will try tomorrow

Edited by nascarlaser1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap forgot to give you the craft file, I'll do it tonight. 

Edited by Baybrawler
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Scientia1423, I see that I'll be giving the turn back on the 18th. Does that give me three more launches than usual? I'd be happy too!

Also, can you make it a rule that only people who own the craft can make the transfer burn/course correction/entry/descent? It would probably be safer in the long term, I can imagine someone getting upset if one of their craft accidentally went down out of their hands.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of limited transfer windows, letting every person do only their transfers it would take forever. Allowing people to land/drive/fly/adjust the orbit their own would be fine, but maybe we could find an experienced person to send all the ships to an intended destination at once. 

Also don't forget to add a cool aircraft to the new base on the island. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baybrawler said:

Because of limited transfer windows, letting every person do only their transfers it would take forever. Allowing people to land/drive/fly/adjust the orbit their own would be fine, but maybe we could find an experienced person to send all the ships to an intended destination at once. 

Also don't forget to add a cool aircraft to the new base on the island. 

If we coordinated it, we could make it that each person has a few hours, and the only thing they can do is send their ships out. No timewarp past the ejection burn. Since transfer windows last a couple days, even if each person spent 4 KSP hours in their turns, we could still make all the ships go out on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That could work, we could set "windows" where on specific dates (ex: Nov 19-20) to do the switches and people register for specific times within those days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Baybrawler said:

That could work, we could set "windows" where on specific dates (ex: Nov 19-20) to do the switches and people register for specific times within those days. 

Yes, but such a thing could probably only happen in a couple month's time, once we have a bunch of craft awaiting in Kerbin orbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure perhaps have a destination each month or so where every ship sent up goes to either LKO or is meant for the destination. Figure out what window is next and set the as the next goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DMSP, @Baybrawler, since we're on the subject of interplanetary transfers which would last more than 30 days: I'd suggest at the end of each month that everything be set on course to destination with no boundary because the craft would become an orbiting piece of debris due to restrictions and if someone has the save without knowing of a craft due to encounter with a planet... There would be Near Kerbin Objects scattered across the solar system.

Since I'm due to launch by the end, I'll launch the LK-LOK along with a tug and send everything to Duna. If no-one claims a nearby slot within 2 days, it's mine now.

Spoiler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

@DMSP, @Baybrawler, since we're on the subject of interplanetary transfers which would last more than 30 days: I'd suggest at the end of each month that everything be set on course to destination with no boundary because the craft would become an orbiting piece of debris due to restrictions and if someone has the save without knowing of a craft due to encounter with a planet... There would be Near Kerbin Objects scattered across the solar system.

Since I'm due to launch by the end, I'll launch the LK-LOK along with a tug and send everything to Duna. If no-one claims a nearby slot within 2 days, it's mine now.

  Hide contents

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

can i launch my duna lander as a mark for the new duna base on the 21st??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

can i launch my duna lander as a mark for the new duna base on the 21st??

Mk

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DMSP, how did you get rid of the paragraph spacing because the rules look horrible now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Scientia1423 Delete the spaces, and to make the new ones by holding down shift-enter.

Also, about the launches, since the Duna window is 150~ days away, can we hold that off till December so we can figure a plan to get the ships out?

One more thing. I recommend you download Kerbal Alarm Clock. It could really be useful.

Edited by DMSP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Scientia1423 Alright! I wrapped up my turn and sent the save on to Scientia. A quick summary (will post on Wiki):
-Launched a rover in a dropship, destination=Duna.
-Sent a relay on a trajectory between Duna and Dres. May be useful.
-Added a light transport to the 44th Wing (Val Airbase).
-Tested the above rover dropship on the Mun, was extremely successful, landed with minimal control.
-Added a mobile command center to Val Airbase.
-Launched a Base Cargo Dropship, destination=Duna.

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/6B91r

Best images:

Spoiler

f7PJAEx.png

TixVwzX.png

I1oIqRq.png

M7Yhjld.png

HmOyqQU.png

EAyivW6.png

 

Also, @TheGuyNamedAlan, you posted on the Wiki that you'll be landing your craft near the base, and since I have three Duna craft that will be landing there too, I've renamed your page and made a page about the site that we'll all be landing in.

http://kspstock-community-space-program.wikia.com/wiki/Duna_Ground_Operations_Center

Edited by DMSP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, do you think there should be a fleet of cargo and passenger aircraft for operations on kerbin? I'm thinking of adding a part-based airport between KSC and baikerbanur so planes can refuel before going anywhere. If we could use vesselmover to move the main parts, we could have a waypoint at least. Then we could set up baikerbanur for semi-operational use and, well the list of ideas is endless but you get the point.

@DMSP, the rule to launch only 3 times or the 30 days thing? Either of which I will disable if you tell me which one.

I'll have a look at the save tomorrow and see whats changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now