Stock Community Space Program - Observation save ready.

I'm closing down the project. If you are looking for the observation save, click underneath here: 

Hello all.

This was a continuation of @DMSP's thread as the leader of the project since he has resigned due to personal issues. If you want to look back, here is the original forum thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/146267-stock-community-space-program-looking-for-people-to-take-the-torch/&page=1

Everything in this thread will be preserved that is no longer in use under this spoiler here.

Spoiler

The Line:

Spoiler

@HebaruSan - 7-10 April (Last slot of the project)

Get the link by PMing me when your turn comes around.

How to install:

-Hop into your KSP folder.
-Go to saves and create a new folder.
-Find where you downloaded the RAR.
-Take all the data from the "SCSP" RAR folder and place it in your new save.
-Create a folder inside the new folder named "Ships" and add 2 more inside named "VAB" and "SPH" and place any premade craft you made if you have any.
-It should work perfectly now.

Rules (to make sure building goes swiftly):

-If you are interested in adding to the save, post in the thread and tag me.
-Do not have the save for more than 2 days, to allow for it to change hands fast.
-Wait more than 3 turns before you request for another turn.
-Your launch vehicles can be modded, just no stationary aircraft, base part or anything above LKO is allowed to be modded.
-Post what you will be adding to the project and how many parts it is before you launch it.
-Feel free to post if you want to start construction of a station/base.
-Try to keep the modules at lower than 35 parts to ensure others can build too.
-Post pictures!
-In your two days, you have a maximum of three launches (unless you have a good reason and ask nicely). Do whatever you want with them.
-Stuff that never leaves Kerbin is not a launch. Planes are fine. SSTOs are still being decided on, but for now, they count as well.
-No touching other people's craft without permission from the owner or me.
-No Hyperedit or vesselmover is allowed, unless it is for bases ON Kerbin.
-Do NOT spend more than 30 KSP days in your turn!
-You must have the latest KSP version, otherwise we can't have you.(Pre-Releases aren't allowed).

How to hand it back:

-Hop into your KSP folder.
-Go to the folder named "saves".
-Find your new save.
-Upload the Quicksave, Persistent file.
-Make a new folder titled "SCSP" and put the files in.
-Share it with me.
-Your turn will be over. Congrats.

Good luck to everybody who will be involved.

Here are some badges done by @valens to show your contribution to the project.

Unity badge - Contributing to Unity Station.

Zv1G5HD.png

Gateway badge - Contributing to Gateway Station.

UiEaE30.png

SCSP badge - Any other contribution you've done in the project.

MphaBCy.png

Latest pictures of the stations:

Spoiler

Unity Station:

TLO96Tn.png

Gateway Station: 

5pDJcnE.png

Lookdown Station:

sGMkf1f.png

Ice cream Station:

uNp5u21.png

Duna Base:

UoSdfe2.png

Art for the project:

Spoiler

Artwork by @Spartwo:

2ryxBx9.png?forcedesktop=1

Advertisement poster by me:

0Fnder5.jpg

We have made a wiki as part of the program containing details are missions that took place in the past. Over time, this will be updated with more recent information: http://kspstock-community-space-program.wikia.com/wiki/Stock_Community_Space_Program_Wiki

Scientia1423.

Edited by Scientia1423

@Scientia1423 Could you post a few pictures of Lookdown Station from different angles, specifically of all available docking ports and the current layout of the station? I'm interested in expanding it with a habitation and possibly a fuel module, as well as possibly moving a couple of modules if need be.

Edited by FCISuperGuy

55 minutes ago, FCISuperGuy said:

@Scientia1423 Could you post a few pictures of Lookdown Station from different angles, specifically of all available docking ports and the current layout of the station? I'm interested in expanding it with a habitation and possibly a fuel module, as well as possibly moving a couple of modules if need be.

Will do soon.

7 hours ago, FCISuperGuy said:

Some of the latest work on Lookdown is documented here.

Thanks for the screenshots @valens. I'd like to take the 11-12 November slot and add a module or two to both Lookdown and Gateway. On that note, would it be alright if I also removed ACTV-1 from Gateway and replaced it with a spaceplane/lifting body inspired crew lifeboat? In real life, the planned ISS lifeboat (Crew Return Vehicle) was a lifting body in order to have more control over the touchdown location as well as to reduce the stresses on possible injured passengers (who obviously wouldn't be able to take as many Gs as healthy passengers). An in-game justification could be a fault in ACTV-1 combined with the above...? Just a thought.

Edited by FCISuperGuy

2 hours ago, FCISuperGuy said:

would it be alright if I also removed ACTV-1 from Gateway

Sure.

On that subject, if you plan to land/recover it, I suggest you make the re-entry as shallow as possible; the ACTV has no braking surfaces and will speed like a bullet through the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, FCISuperGuy said:

Thanks for the screenshots @Scientia1423. I'd like to take the 11-12 November slot and add a module or two to both Lookdown and Gateway. On that note, would it be alright if I also removed ACTV-1 from Gateway and replaced it with a spaceplane/lifting body inspired crew lifeboat? In real life, the planned ISS lifeboat (Crew Return Vehicle) was a lifting body in order to have more control over the touchdown location as well as to reduce the stresses on possible injured passengers (who obviously wouldn't be able to take as many Gs as healthy passengers). An in-game justification could be a fault in ACTV-1 combined with the above...? Just a thought.

It's alright.

The Launches so far are:

November

@TheGuyNamedAlan: Corrupted file, Skipped [5-6/11/16]

@Scientia1423: Skipped [7-8/11/16]

@Baybrawler: Duna Relay and Rover[13-14/11/16]

@DMSP: Pending [17-18/11/16]...

@Monsterlunch: Pending [19-20/11/16]...

@TheGuyNamedAlan: Pending [21-22/11/16]..

@FCISuperGuy: Pending [25-26/11/16]...

@Scientia1423: Pending [29-30/11/16]...

Edited by TheGuyNamedAlan

8 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

The Launches so far are:

November

@TheGuyNamedAlan: Duna Rover & Relay [5/11/16]

@Scientia1423: Pending [7/11/16]...

@Baybrawler: Pending [9/11/16]...

@FCISuperGuy: Pending [11/11/16]...

Imao taking my job from before XD

You forgot your album!  http://imgur.com/a/TXZve

Edited by Scientia1423

1 minute ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

i think we should set up a comm net around the sun first but hey, you're the boss so your decision!! 

That's a good idea, but it's problematic for the 30 day thing. I think its best we launch them every time someone gets a turn.

I might need to set this kerbnet on the hardest difficulty to ensure that there are at least some delays in the network.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.